OMG MOM...is that Paris?? Our girls trip to Disney 9/17 PHOTOPASS PICS

Heather I am shocked to see that you have no ticker :( As long as I have known you there has been one. I am glad you finally have a TR. I can't wait to hear all about it!

I realized my subbing was to your PTR and just figured out you had an actual TR link! Glad to see I am not too far behind!!

Yippee!!! I'm in!!

Have fun in Gatlinburg! Look forward to seeing those pictures too!

We had a great time!!! I was loving the nice, cold weather!! lol

I'm new but count me in!

Awesome!!! :welcome:

I should be starting on this soon! I Have been having major problems with photobucket. ugh!

I'm joining in! I was there the same dates and I have never had rain like that on a trip before! Have fun in Gatlinburg!

I know, wasn't it awful!!! I stood underneath the awning at Dumbo and it literally looked like a river flowing beside it!

Hi Heather! I'm definitely in again! :goodvibes

Awww, I am so glad!! :goodvibes

I am so happy that you are ready to start your TR!

Me too! Now, if photobucket will only cooperate!! lol

Joining in!!! :goodvibes

Hey girl!! :goodvibes Glad your here!

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!

Awwww, he sweetness!! :goodvibes

Joining in!

Yay!!! :welcome: so glad your here!

Heather I am shocked to see that you have no ticker :( As long as I have known you there has been one. I am glad you finally have a TR. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Well I just have not added it yet! We have a trip in the making...shhhh...but is a surprise....shhhh...trip for Hollie's birthday! ;)

I realized my subbing was to your PTR and just figured out you had an actual TR link! Glad to see I am not too far behind!!

Oh no!!! hahaha Yeah, you have not missed anything yet! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!! I have not forgotten about this TR. Just life has been crazy the past couple of months. I finally have all mh pictures uploaded and ready so I will be starting on this.
Sorry to leave you all in limbo! :)

Well, I think its about time I started this TR!! What about your guys??

My sister and I were planning on leaving around 2 or 3 am, but my mom planned for us to leave around 7 am that Thursday morning. I told her that if we were planning on going to the luau that night, we really needed to leave earlier so we could get checked in and rest a little. So....she took my advice and we were gonna get on the road at 4 am and NO EARLIER. Notice I said gonna!
I actually got up that morning and did my normal I-am-gonna-be-riding-a-good-ways routine which consisted of getting a bath and then packing up stuff I couldn't pack yet. Chad got Hollie up and in my car while I went and snuggled up with Hannah. Hollie and I were on the road around 3:30 am. My parents don't live very far from us so we got there around 3:40.
We had brought over all our big luggage the night before so all I really had to pack was my camera, purse, and Hollie's back pack.
In case your wondering, I had already packed up my makeup lol

We visited with my dad for a couple of minutes and then we were on the road!

I took this picture as we were coming close to Atlanta

DSCN0356.jpg

This is actually where the trip name came into play. Hollie and Shelby were wide awake, and I mean awake!! As we were going past Atlanta, Hollie said..."OH MY GOSH!!!! Is that Paris???" I informed her that no, it was not Paris. She then said, "Well, is it Hollywood??? Um....no! Its Atlanta!!! She loves the Barbie movies and the new one she has just happens to take place in Paris. ha ha My silly girl!

We stopped for breakfast at IHOP and Hollie and Shelby thought it was really cool that the waitress brought them out this pancake!

296600_10150393676931318_524881317_9701833_1085990784_n.jpg

We eventually made it to the Florida state line!! Yay!!!!

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0362.jpg

DSCN0364-Copy.jpg

I took the girls to the restroom and to get some OJ. I have to admit, this next set of pictures are funny! In the age where we have cell phones, Hollie and Shelby thought these "phones that are outside with a blue cover over them" are really cool lol

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0367-Copy.jpg

We got back on the road and really had no problems at all on the drive down! My sister started out driving and then about a couple of hours later got tired so I switched with her and drove the rest of the way!

We saw this pretty soon!

DSCN0368-Copy.jpg

Followed by this!!

DSCN0370.jpg

Now, I had thrown my sister my camera and instructed her to start taking pictures of the sign. She gave me the strangest look!! haha

DSCN0373-Copy.jpg

We finally made it!!

DSCN0381-Copy.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

I pulled up to the front so we could go and check in. I told my sister to stay with the girls and I would go in and get the check in started! I snapped this of the sweet girls! They were already having a ball!

310322_10150393888266318_524881317_9702940_1736828269_n.jpg

My mom and I went to check us in. We had asked for the 50's Lady building, (oh how I love it!) and also to have adjoining rooms. Well, there seemed to be a mix up. They said they could put is in rooms close together but we really needed an adjoining room. The guy checking us in looked through the computer and finally after we stood there about 10 minutes and he made several phone calls, we were put in the 70's Mickey Phone building directly facing mirror lake. It was a pretty good walk from the parking area to our room. I don't think I have ever parked that far in all the years we have stayed at Disney. It didn't bother me, I love to walk!! So we finally got to our rooms and believe it or not. I didn't take one picture as soon as we walked in. We wanted to get in, get unpacked and get ready for the luau. So my sister, Hollie, and my niece all got one room while my mom got the other. I unpacked all my stuff and then started on Hollie's. I ended up putting some of her stuff in my moms room because we knew they would end up in there at some point.

We finally got ready for the luau and off we went! We took these pictures walking to the car:

DSCN0383-Copy.jpg

DSCN0384-Copy.jpg

DSCN0385-Copy.jpg

Luau, coming up next!!

An uneventful travel day is always good. Hollie looks like she has grown about 2ft. She looks sooo grown up! And as beautiful as ever.

LOL about packing your makeup the night before. Probably the best move after the last fiasco. :laughing:

Hollie has grown up SO much since your last trip!!! Glad you guys made it down nice and easy (apparently, taking the route through Paris...:laughing:). Can't wait to hear about the Luau!

:cool1::cool1: YAY you started. Nice uneventful trip down. :thumbsup2

Glad you packed your makeup this time. :rolleyes1

Yay...you started! :goodvibes

Love the photos of the girls on the "phones" and how they found them so interesting! :laughing:

Can't wait for the Luau! :yay:

Yay!!! You got a start!
We're heading foo to Universal on Monday...I expect this to be half way done when I get back on Friday! :lmao:

Always exciting to see that Disney sign. :woohoo: A trip from your house to WDW is so much faster than one from Nashville or Huntsville. Ours is more like 11 hours, which is why we have started flying almost all the time now.

Looking forward to joining you for the luau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter