Oh girls, you know I have already been scoping out solo prices for that November week! But I'm greedy - I have 2 weeks off in March, and I want to go for 10 days, not just 7! I suspect heavier crowds in March, but if I'm solo, I think they might a bit easier to handle. I've only ever been to DW in November, so I'd love to try it out in the spring. But if the lottery comes through... :joker:
So go in March! Do what will make you happy! Be greedy! And YES, you will be less affected by the crowds as a solo! And get things done faster! And even if it's a little crowded, so what? You're at DISNEY! When I was there in April, it's really wasn't so bad. Gooooooo! BOOK IT. If it doesn't work out, just can always cancel it before the deadline and get your deposit back. But it feels SO GOOD to have something booked and to work towards, girl! DOOOO EEEEEEET! :cutie:

It's true, it's the not booking that drives me crazy. Haha, I had myself talked into going in November AND March yesterday afternoon! But this is my usual August doldrums - I play financial ostrich, and ignore the fact that house insurance is due, and tuition is due for DD17, and of course I should probably pay off the Ireland trip. Ah, the joys of adulting. But I am confident that booking will occur in February at the latest. And DH says there is a surprise coming my way tomorrow for our anniversary! This is of course a double edged sword, as the lovely handbag that I picked out was supposed to be the anniversary gift, so now the trip budget will be blown a little more with this surprise tomorrow. I guess we will call the new vacuum cleaner his anniversary present!

Lol! I was actually going to suggest that very thing! Why not go in November AND March???? I was trying desperately to find a way to go before our trip that's booked for next Oct, by DH thinks I'm crazy. :scared: So I totally get the doldrums part!

Ooh! An anniversary surprise! Hope it's a good one, and Happy Anniversary! :banana:

So go in March! Do what will make you happy! Be greedy! And YES, you will be less affected by the crowds as a solo! And get things done faster! And even if it's a little crowded, so what? You're at DISNEY! When I was there in April, it's really wasn't so bad. Gooooooo! BOOK IT. If it doesn't work out, just can always cancel it before the deadline and get your deposit back. But it feels SO GOOD to have something booked and to work towards, girl! DOOOO EEEEEEET! :cutie:

I love your logic Billie!
giphy.gif

Well, the anniversary gift has been revealed - a wine fridge! I think that this will be my plan - consume wine regularly, and call it my Disney spa fitness plan to get ready for the next trip! I'm hoping the wine will keep me relaxed and sane - only 6 months until I can seriously start looking for a deal, lol. But I did warn DH that I was still pretty insistent on a solo trip in March. After a staycation in November, and a staycation in January, I will really be ready for some sunshine and warm weather and fun for myself in March/April. I have 2 weeks off, and he has the first week off with me, so either I will stay home with him for the first 5 days, and then go down on my own for 10 days, or we will travel down together, but he will fly home earlier. While the Ireland trip was successful, I think I'm going to need some Disney solo time for sure!

Very nice gift! I think that sounds like a good plan. How does your DH feel about you going solo? I'd so love to do a solo trip but I'm not sure either my DH or my kids would like that idea, and I'm so bad about feeling guilty! I seriously need to get over that!

RL update - ugh. DD17 was driving herself to brunch with a friend, and got t-boned when another car ran a red light. She has facial contusions due to the airbag, and is sore from the seatbelt and impact. Her bobby pins flew out of her hair, and her shoes flew off, amongst other things. This is not how I recommend getting the Kardashian lip look. The car will likely be a write off. At least we don't have to worry about replacing the broken headlight.
Then DD22 was carrying a tray of dishes on her way out of work, and fell. She tried of course to save herself and the dishes, and now has a fiberglass cast and wrap on her right arm for at least a week until they can determine if the ligaments are damaged.
Both of my babies broken on the same day - I think the wine fridge will get some good use over the next while! Better go and tuck my babies into bed...

Oh my goodness!! I hope they are both ok! :hug: Moms never like to see their babies hurt. Sending hugs your way

RL update - ugh. DD17 was driving herself to brunch with a friend, and got t-boned when another car ran a red light. She has facial contusions due to the airbag, and is sore from the seatbelt and impact. Her bobby pins flew out of her hair, and her shoes flew off, amongst other things. This is not how I recommend getting the Kardashian lip look. The car will likely be a write off. At least we don't have to worry about replacing the broken headlight.
Then DD22 was carrying a tray of dishes on her way out of work, and fell. She tried of course to save herself and the dishes, and now has a fiberglass cast and wrap on her right arm for at least a week until they can determine if the ligaments are damaged.
Both of my babies broken on the same day - I think the wine fridge will get some good use over the next while! Better go and tuck my babies into bed...

Oh my gosh! How awful! I hope they are doing better
:hug:

RL update! Yay, DD17 seems to be recovering well. We moved her into her dorm at college on Wednesday, where she is able to have the top bunk without too much problem. We will keep her in physio and massage for a while. I think the distraction of school will be good for her. When you are trapped at home recovering, there never seems to be anything good on TV and not enough going on in social media to keep you occupied.

The car, however, was a total write off as expected. Getting t-boned in a 2002 car, and having the air bags deploy, and windshield smashed, and, well, the rest of the car mangled, to put it nicely, means no more extra car for the kids for summer jobs. So, DD22, who is just starting her new job as a high school English teacher, is going to buy my current car. It was only 2 years old, and I drive like a Grandma, so we are both comfortable with it's reliability. Plus, I am a nice mom (but not rich), and we agreed on a price that was $5000 below what other used models are going for.

So...it was car shopping after residence moving day! I had done a lot of research, and decided with living in Alberta that AWD was my top priority, so I stuck with Subaru. And the winning car is...

View attachment 120439

My new red Subaru Forester! I have never done this before (successfully), but this car is deserving of a good name, so once he arrives he will be Gaston, as he is red and black. Plus, I need a good protective vehicle - no more getting run into, Gaston will protect me! Hopefully it will be only 3 weeks until he arrives in Alberta, because it might get a bit wet riding the scooter to work each day, and I'm a bit of a whiny Princess sometimes!

Glad your DD is one the mend :goodvibes
Yay for new car! :car: Love the name! :thumbsup2 Of course Gaston will protect you! He has biceps to spare ;) :laughing:

tumblr_mk6qgilofs1s5clmlo1_500.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter