OMG!!! I thought it would be quiet!!!

poppie123

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I am all booked to stay at the Sequoia Lodge from the 4th-8th February. It's the week before half term.
A friend of mine said she would like to go as well but wanted to stay at the Cheyenne as money was a bit tight. So, we looked and to our amazement it's fully booked for them dates.:eek:
There was me thinking it would be a quiet week. Anyone else been this time of the year?? and what were your experiences?? Is it going to be manic??

Maybe with Tower of Terror opening and the 15th celebration the marketing is starting to pay off :goodvibes

When you say you "looked" - do you mean on Expedia? I find they often say there are no rooms available when the date you enter is too far ahead. I looked on Expedia for next week and for Christmas and both times they said the rooms were all booked, but when I phoned Disney I got in with no trouble.

It was on the disneyland paris website.
My friend rang disney direct today to check and it was confirmed that the Cheyenne is fully booked from the 4th-8th february.:scared1:

Now you have got me worried - we haven't booked our February holiday yet - just took it for granted that we would be able to get in.:eek:

Myabe there is a convention of John Wayne fans going and they want to stay in the Wild West.:rotfl2:

Mmmmmm !!!! Now you have me thinking.

My partner hates everything disney and point blank refuses to come. We usually just leave the miserable so and so at home.
However, he is a John Wayne fanatic (i blame his father) maybe i could try and convince him that there is some sort of convention going on.
If he heard that he would be there like a shot.:rotfl:

LOL - but would you really want a real - life Grumpy there with you? :lmao:

I just checked on Expedia and the half term week (18 Feb onwards) has more vacancies, but even so the Cheyenne is fully booked for one night. Can't figure it out, as there are spaces in all the other hotels.:confused3

I know i was pretty gobsmacked to and couldn't understand why. :confused:

There was me thinking that if i went the week before half term it would be alot quieter. Maybe not !!!:scared:

Santa Fe was available as was the Sequoia Lodge where i am staying. Not too sure on the others as i never checked.

I do hope it isn't too busy, i don't want to be queueing for hours!!!

I wouldn't go by the hotel availability to the busy-ness of the parks. ALL the disney hotels were fully booked for the time we wanted to go (4 nights from 3rd - 7th October) but the parks were very quiet weds - friday (v busy at the weekend but that was mostly local people as the weather was fab!)

:) Sadie

If theres space in other hotels could it mean they are closing part of Cheyenne for a refurb?

Dont know just a thought.

The Cheyenne is so popular that I think it is always the first to get booked up, sometimes way before the other hotels. Also, is there an extra night free offer when you are going? If there is that might explain why hotel is booked. The other hotels may have loads of rooms free.

There is an extra night free offer the dates i am going.

It seems all the other hotels have availability so maybe it is because it's very popular like you said and is one of the first to get booked out. I certainly hope so!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter