OMG I smell!! Can you Smell Me? Excuse me, can I help you? 5 days of dining!COMPLETE

hockeygirl14

Mouseketeer
To all who come and read this dining review, welcome!

I just got back from a really quick 5 day, 4 night stay at All Star Movies Resort! We stayed in a preferred room, Fantasia, Building 5 with a pool view. We drove down from the Toronto area, making one overnight stop. This review will have Disney & non-Disney food :) Most of our trip focused around what we were going to eat, when we were going to eat it, and when our next meal was!

Soo just a little background on the trip. My friend Caitlyn is doing an academic exchange with UF and Disney through her school here, and decided she was going to take her car with her...and needed someone to drive with! So I drove down with her and we had a mini-vacation before sending her off to the mouse for 6 months. No worries, I'll be joining her in November when I start my Cultural Representative Program working in Canada Pavilion at Epcot :)

So I guess I'll introduce the cast!!

That's me! Lifelong Disney fan & disney food lover. I have already done one international college program & cant wait to work for the mouse again in November!

Here's Caitlyn!! A massive toy story fan & the only person crazy enough to do 18 hours at Magic Kingdom with me!!

Our food line-up:
Wednesday (Driving) - Tim Hortons, Chick-Fil-A & Bob Evans
Thursday (Arrival Day) - Subway, Mcdonalds, Earl of a Sandwich & Goofy's
Friday - Breakfast @ Panera, Lunch @ Food Court, Dinner @ Boma
Saturday - Pre-park opening breakfast @ BOG, Lunch @ BOG, Snacks @ Pecos, and Dinner at Cosmic Ray's
Sunday - Lunch @ Grand Floridian Cafe, Dole Whips @ Poly, Dinner @ Olive Garden
Monday (Departure) - Breakfast @ Kona, Snacks at POFQ, Lunch @ Food Court

Well, I guess its time to get to the best part - the food! So lets get going!!

DAY ONE - We're Going to Disney!!!!!!

So we woke up super early on Wednesday morning and headed out! No trip would be complete without Tim Hortons - so we got our dose of caffeine and started our journey. We stopped for lunch in Cranberry, PA at Chick-Fil-A. We don't have it here in Canada so we were both super excited to eat this for lunch! Can I just say they have GREAT customer service? Love it.

I got an 8 piece chicken nugget meal with a lemonade to drink. I obviously had to have the chick-fil-a sauce - YUM!!!

Caitlyn got some sort of chicken sandwich and said it was really good as well.

Off we went until we reached Wytheville, VA for our overnight stop. There happened to be a Bob Evans across the street, so thats where we went for dinner. Can I just say you get SO much food for your money at these places? I ordered onion petals to start and then chicken fingers with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese on the side. I couldn't come close to finishing it (and regretting ordering an appetizer), so I took the rest to go, and ended up eating it when I watched Masterchef later on.

Pretty boring day food-wise, but what can you expect on the road?

Next-up: ARRIVAL DAY!!!! :welcome::flower1:

Last edited:
You guys are so cute! How cool to be going back to work there in November. Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!

We're from the Toronto area too. I'll be sure to look for you on our next trip!

Great start to your DR, I'm looking forward to the next installment!

I'm from outside Toronto, and totally agree with you on the amount of food you get at some American chains. Even with the terrible exchange right now it still works out to be cheaper then at home.
Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)

Day 2 - Arrival Day

We got up at about 6am this morning to make sure we were downstairs for 6:30 to take advantage of the free breakfast. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Wytheville, VA. Not a bad stopping point - I personally would have driven a bit further (into the carolinas) before stopping but it wasn't my decision this time. That said, this hotel was nice and I would stay here again. This particular exit didnt have as much food as the other but it was fine. For breakfast I had yogurt (lite n fit raspberry - which we cant buy in canada!!), a biscuit and some fruit.

We made a starbucks stop about two hours into our drive and didn't stop again until lunch. We knew that we would be eating once we got to Disney so we each got a small sub at Subway since it was in the travel plaza. I really don't like American subway...to me it tastes really different and not as good :sad2:. That's okay though - I just kept dreaming of my earls sandwich that I would have later on!!

We arrived at All Star Movies around 7pm, after awful traffic getting into Orlando. It took us over an hour to get across downtown - ugh!! We checked in - this is where my DR title comes in.... we were waiting in the online check in line and Caitlyn started freaking out that she smelled bad, because we had been in the car for 10 hours, making a scene! Then Carlos, the awesome CM at the front desk was calling us over and I think trying not to laugh. After that we got our magic bands and dropped our stuff off in our room. We dragged our luggage up 3 flights of stairs until we realized there was an elevator...LOL

Caitlyn was really hungry so we stopped off at McDonalds near the all stars. I got some mcnuggets, and I think she got that burger and fries for $2.50 deal. SO CHEAP!!!

I was super impressed with the parking garage at DTD and actually didn't find traffic that bad. I think the new Boathouse restaurant looks awesome. We made our way to World of Disney to visit friends from our first college program and browse the shop! All I could think about was earls so I got a sandwich to go.

I got the Earls Club sandwich, with extra sandwich sauce (yum)!!!

After earls, we walked over to Goofys! Caitlyn got a slushie and I got a Cinderella Carriage rice crispy treat. They were both delicious!

We left soon after and headed back to the resort. We were totally exhausted and had some errands to run off property in the morning!!

Next up: Panera, Food Court & Boma!!

You guys are so cute! How cool to be going back to work there in November. Can't wait for the rest of your reviews!

Thank you!! I'm so excited to be going back!

I'm in. Looking forward to the rest of your review.:)

We're from the Toronto area too. I'll be sure to look for you on our next trip!

Great start to your DR, I'm looking forward to the next installment!

I'll be working outdoor carts at first and then at Le Cellier!

Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to read more.

Thanks!

I'm from outside Toronto, and totally agree with you on the amount of food you get at some American chains. Even with the terrible exchange right now it still works out to be cheaper then at home.
Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)

OMG its crazy! And the dollar is so bad it makes me cringe lol, but still cheaper for pretty much everything but disney food!

Following! From Toronto too! I totally agree about the amount of food. DH and I could normally share a portion for 1 there.

Great start to your tr. I love Earl of Sandwich too, looking forward to having one of their sandwiches soon. Their brownie is really good as well.

Thanks everyone for following along so far!!

Now for where I left off: Day 2!!

Today we got up earlyish and headed to target and walmart to get some things that we needed. On the way, we stopped at Panera for breakfast! I got the Asiago Bacon and Egg breakfast sandwich (or something along those lines) and added a little mayo to it. It was pretty good - way too big to finish though.

After that, we went into to Target (ugh heaven, so sad that its gone from Canada now) and also hit wal mart so she could get a sim card to put into her phone. They didn't have the one she was looking for, so we decided to head back and check another wal mart in the afternoon. We headed back to the resort and hung out by the pool for a bit. It was not too busy which was nice but it was SO hot. I think we only sat out there for an hour before giving up and heading inside to get ready for lunch. We decided that we would eat at All Star Movies today, so we headed into the food court.

There are plenty of options inside the food court, but I knew that I wanted some disney chicken nuggets! I got the adult chicken finger platter, which is supposed to have 8 chicken nuggets and fries. The cast member gave me 10 or 11 chicken nuggets and a heaping portion of fries as well. It was way too much food and I should have gotten a kids meal instead. Oh well! I also picked up my refillable mug, which I got good use out of this trip!

After lunch we went back off property to a different wal mart to figure out Caitlyn's phone since we had no luck in the morning. We were also going to go to the outlets to get the new Disney Vans but because I have a really hard time finding my shoe size I decided to check in advance if they had my size (5.5). Not one store within 25 miles had my size or hers, so we decided to forgo the outlets and head back to the resort. I think we watched tv for a bit and then got ready for our dinner at BOMA!! Excuse my messy plates LOL.

Boma will be in the next post since I have lots of pictures :)

Why don't you split meals with your friend? When I travel with friends or family I always share meals. It keeps the waste and cost down. American portion sizes can be ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter