1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

OMG has anyone else seen this article!?!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by cwhite92, May 14, 2013.

1. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

The website says Jacie had a "disabling experience". NY Post was told by Ryan Clement (owner) that Jacie has an auto immune disorder and uses a scooter when running her tours.

The article said the fact that at least one of the guides, girlfriend of the owner, uses a scooter and gets preferential access, is passed around among the 1%.

The fact that the company promises no wait time suggests the company is loose with the facts.

How the company promotes on their website and how they promote via word of mouth might be different.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Wick

Wick DIS Veteran

The handicapped guides don't accompany them everywhere. I know one family who hired the guide to just hang out by major attractions and the parents would just text the guide when they were making their way over to the ride or show.

4. Dopey420

Dopey420 DIS Veteran

I don't see a problem with it. If I want to hire someone to go to Disney with me, for whatever reason, it's nobody else's business.

5. bocaj1431

bocaj1431 DIS Veteran

I rode this very same ride with my, son who required a guest assistance card and had a completely opposite experience from what you have explained. In all cases, including it's a small world, our wait was greatly decreased compared to the regular entrance. There was not one ride that our wait was longer.

I think it is important for those people, who require a guest assistance card, that they understand all facets of what there experiences may be. While no GAC, is for the sole purpose of "cutting the line" or providing a "shorter wait", the reality is that in many cases it often can shorten the wait and provide less congestion.

My point has nothing to do with the article, which I find disgusting. It is yet another example of people taking advantage of assistances created to help assist those, who have medical or mental challenges. Challenges that would otherwise preclude them from being able to experience things in the same manner that those who have no challenges do.

6. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

The first picture shows a time when the wait was the same or shorter.

The other pictures show longer waits. A lot can also have to do with timing. On our last trip, we came to Spaceship Earth at a time when they were just bringing out one group of guests with disabilities, so they were ready to bring another group in and our wait was short. If we had arrived there just after they had brought a group in, our wait would have been longer.
    There are no guarantees - the wait could be shorter, longer or the same.

7. palentir

palentir Earning My Ears

This is just messed up, in the worst way.

8. bocaj1431

bocaj1431 DIS Veteran

You are right every ride varies based on time of year, time of day, random events. There are never guarantees for just about anything in life. That being said, I stayed at DW for two weeks, and the experience I noted in my previous post was always the same. Not to mention the many, friends I have who's children also used the GAC and had the very same experiences.

Just as you stated, it is important to note there are no guarantees; but, for me it also is important to provide useful information that may be helpful to others trying to plan their first trip to DW. That is why I wanted to contribute the knowledge I had about this topic, which is based on mine and my many friends experiences in DW. Just as someone helped me to foster a great experience for my special needs child, I hope to do the same for someone else. ;)

Just as a side note, I am not speaking from the experience of using a wheelchair or EVC. I would know nothing about that. I am speaking for the experiences of special needs children using the GAC.