OMG did I make a mistake

shelby2001

<font color=99CC99>Always thought "I'm a Believer"
In a previous post I questioned if I should make my PS for Thanksgiving day or wait for Conceirge to contact me. Thanks to the advise from people on the board called tonight and OH what a mistake I made not calling on 7-31-02, Chef Mickey's 1900 Park Ave and a few other's that I wanted were totally booked with the exception of a few having a reservation left at 8:45. I can't have a 4 and 7 year old sit down to Thanksgiving dinner at 9:00 pm, so in talking with the very nice CM who recommended that we dine at O'hanna's at 4:30 for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, does anyone know anything about O'hanna's? Do you think it will be a nice dinner, as I want to avoid the parks on this day so any restaurants in the parks are out. It actually sounds very nice she said they would be serving Both dark and white meat turkey mashed potatoes sweet potatoes stuffing cranberry sauce rolls apple pie and ice cream the exact same meal we would have at home.

I would still let concierge know what restaurants and times you are interested in as they may very well be able to get you your original choices for Thanksgiving. There are often tables set aside for them to use.

Liz

We ate at Ohanas 3 years ago, we had a poor server that night and our kids were dog tired so my overall impression was not great. But I do remember having a window seat which was nice to look out over the resort and lagoon. You might want to ask for that. The resort itself is very nice especially in the evening when they light the tiki torches. It is nice to watch the evening fireworks from the Poly beach, they have a nice video arcade room for kids and you could take a monorail ride for fun. Ohanas might not be what you planned but it could work out nicely for your family.

BTW, what hotel are you staying at?

I think you will have a wonderful time at Ohana's. T-day reservations do fill up very fast, as I found out last year. I would keep the ps and also tell your concierge staff some of your more preferred choices for that day and see what they can do.

We've been to Ohana's and have had very nice service and I do love the view from their windows.

We like 'Ohanas. The atmosphere, the view, the friendly staff. I think it is a wonderful choice, and the time of the day is perfect, as well!

Concierge got us in to CRT breakfast when we were there in June, so anything is possible! Keep your fingers crossed. O'Hana is a wonderful restaurant & the grounds & beach are lovely for an after dinner stroll. Have a wonderful holiday!

You are making me very glad I called the day before yesterday and got Cape May for 5:00. We just got back from WDW and I really did not think the 120 day restaurants would get booked so quickly. I have never tried Ohanas but would like to.:D

We've never been to O'Hana's for Thanksgiving - but we did eat there for dinner on our trip in 2000. The food was excellent - probably the best we had on our trip! You will love it!

Ohanas is a verynice place-good food, nice service and it's generally not too much of a wait for the food to come. You should enjoy it a lot.

If you're there while the Magic Kingdom has fireworks, 'Ohana has a view.

shelby, you didn't mention if you called the concierge staff to make your reservations or did it directly. As I said in my other post, and I noticed someone here recommends it also, call concierge with your preferred dining requests. They do have "pull" when it comes to these things. I was told that certain tables are held aside for concierge pre-planners and that they usually open up between 7 and 14 days before the reservation. Keep what you have for now, but definitely give pre-planners a call.

Tammi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter