OMG...changed my dates and got DOUBLE inurance charges

shopn24seven

DIS Veteran
I changed my dates....CM aked if I wanted insurance...of course I said YES, as I always do and now I DOUBLE the inurance charges.
240.00 insurance charges (for 2 people)
124 (55 EACH PEOPLE FOR 2 DIFFERENT DATES)
Is that way they automatically charge u insurance, so when they change, they make money?

I changed my dates....CM aked if I wanted insurance...of course I said YES, as I always do and now I DOUBLE the inurance charges.
240.00 insurance charges (for 2 people)
124 (55 EACH PEOPLE FOR 2 DIFFERENT DATES)
Is that way they automatically charge u insurance, so when they change, they make money?

No, I think you need to call them back and have them adjust that. I changed our dates 6 times and the insurance always remained the $133.90. Let us know how you make out.

It may be due to the way it was booked. The insurance is non refundable so if you cancelled the first ressie and then booked the new date as a new ressie you would be charged for the insurance again.

It may be due to the way it was booked. The insurance is non refundable so if you cancelled the first ressie and then booked the new date as a new ressie you would be charged for the insurance again.

Good point woodkins. I didn't even think to ask the OP if they canceled and then booked new dates. That would totally make sense as to why they were paying for the insurance twice. I automatically assumed they just changed their dates. Too much snow here has frozen my brain.:rotfl:

I called them back and they said, whenever you change your date, you get another set of insurance charges.
I think that is BEAT...

I called and said I wanted to modify my ressie and change the date/and hotel.
I should have known something was fishy when the CM said"CAN YOU HOLD???"
We are talking about a year from now....

VERY UNHAPPY and not feeling the magic....

If you modified your dates there is no way you should have been double charged for insurance. Insurance is $66.95 per person period. If you were charged twice for 2 people, that would show a charge of $267.80. I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from. Are you sure your package price didn't just increase due to the new dates/resort?

The CM told me everytime I change dates, I will be added an additional insurance amount. SO, I am guessing, I have the first insurance amount form the 12/7 booking ( roughly 122.00) and they added an add'l ins fir my MODIFIED booking, today?? (another 122.00?) I have 2 people in my party.
Is that right??? Or, am I wrong???

On 12/7/09 I booked a BB deal. I was charged 66.00 and some change per person for that booking.

On 12/23/09, I asked to modify it to a different date and different hotel.
THE FOLLOWING WAS IN MY EMAIL

OLD DATES.....11/14/2010 INSURANCE
TRAVEL INSURANCE MODIFICATION
1 PER PERSON [ 1 ]

You have purchased Vacation Insurance. Please click here for detailed Information on Specific Coverage and Terms.

NEW DATES......12/11/2010 HOTEL
CONTEMPORARY-STANDARD-WING

6 NIGHTS
[ 1, 2 ]

12/11/2010 ADMISSION
1D MYW
1 PER PERSON [ 1, 2 ]

NEW DATES 12/11/2010 INSURANCE
NON REFUNDABLE INSURANCE
1 PER PERSON [ 1 ]

You have purchased Vacation Insurance. Please click here for detailed Information on Specific Coverage and Terms.

I called them back and they said, whenever you change your date, you get another set of insurance charges.
I think that is BEAT...

I called and said I wanted to modify my ressie and change the date/and hotel.
I should have known something was fishy when the CM said"CAN YOU HOLD???"
We are talking about a year from now....

VERY UNHAPPY and not feeling the magic....

If you changed the hotel, I don't think they can modify the original reservation, it has to be cancelled and rebooked. If you just changed the dates, they should be able to just modify the original.

so, if both were changed, do I have 1 insurance charge, or two?
I am like the other poster, too much snow invaded my brain.

All, I have paid is my 200.00 deposit.
From now on, I will research and book ONE TIME for ONE DATE and ONE HOTEL.
I am afraid to change my dining, now. LOL

so, if both were changed, do I have 1 insurance charge, or two?
I am like the other poster, too much snow invaded my brain.

All, I have paid is my 200.00 deposit.
From now on, I will research and book ONE TIME for ONE DATE and ONE HOTEL.
I am afraid to change my dining, now. LOL

Insurance is not refundable so if they cancel the original, you will probably have to pay again. I think you can add insurance up to the 45 day final payment, you may want to wait to add it in the future.

Good lesson to be learned.
I just hate paying double LOL

In the future, I will decline it and add it before the 45 day rule is up.

In the future, I will decline it and add it before the 45 day rule is up.

That is exactly what I do. I specify NO INSURANCE when booking and add it at 45 day final payment (if package) or when I feel I absolutely won't make any changes (as in waiting for a better deal).

That's just silly that you can't move the insurance when you change dates. I would call them and straiten it out.

Disney can't modify the insurance terms...the insurance is through another company, and that is their policy.

If you modify your reservation, dates AND/OR resort, the insurance should move with it. You should not be double charged. Your numbers still do not make sense though. Insurance is $66.95 per adult. Something is not right about the amount of $122 that you mention. I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor and see if they can help you straighten it out. Good Luck!

If you modify your reservation, dates AND/OR resort, the insurance should move with it. You should not be double charged. Your numbers still do not make sense though. Insurance is $66.95 per adult. Something is not right about the amount of $122 that you mention. I would call back and ask to speak with a supervisor and see if they can help you straighten it out. Good Luck!

Exactly, I have modified and changed our ressie 6 times and our insurance remained the same at $133.90. I would definitely call back because something is not right. I just remembered that this last time when I changed the computer automatically doubled the insurance and the tickets. :scared1: When the CM stated the charge we both said at the same time, that is not right. She immediately got on the phone with guest services and had them adjust the charge.

Now if the first ressie was canceled (insurance non refundable) and a new one booked then yes, you will be charged again if you opt for the insurance on the rebooking.

Disney travel insurance is overpriced. I thought if you cancel @ least 45 days out with or with out insurance you get your deposit back. Can you cancel & rebook. Ask for a supervisor. For insurance try access america or travel gaurd it is cheaper to do it on your own then paying disney. Last trip was $80.00 for family of 4 with coverage upto 750.00 a person and we need it.

The origonal booking ( at the hotel) as booked on 12/7, changed some dates and then changed some hotels and now I found DOUBLE INSURANCE for 1 adult and 1 child.
I specifically said MODIFY...they may have canceled it , but modify is what I said.
Maybe the CM I spoke to was incorrect.
I will call on Saturday and ask to speak to someone higher up.

The origonal booking ( at the hotel) as booked on 12/7, changed some dates and then changed some hotels and now I found DOUBLE INSURANCE for 1 adult and 1 child.
I specifically said MODIFY...they may have canceled it , but modify is what I said.
Maybe the CM I spoke to was incorrect.
I will call on Saturday and ask to speak to someone higher up.

shopn24seven, just remember, if the original ressie was canceled by mistake by the CM then you should have received a new ressie number. If your ressie number is the same than it was just modified. Either way, let us know how you make out.

Merry Christmas everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter