Old Podcasts keep re-downloading

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by wgeo, Oct 5, 2012.

1. wgeo

wgeo That's the kind of day where you can't open your m

Is it just me or is something going on with the old podcasts? 3 times over the past few weeks I've opened up my podcast app to see over 400 "new" dis unplugged episodes. This really messes with my downloads and takes up data space and apparently my podcast app is pathetic because there is no way (that I've found) to delete them all at once - which means deleting them one at a time:confused3. This isn't happening with any other podcast only the dis unplugged. What's going on?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pkraynh

pkraynh Earning My Ears

I have the same issue. Go to Podcast app, select the Dis Unplugged Podcast, select the DIS Unplugged Podcast at the top again and it should bring you to a screen where you can turn Subscriptions OFF. That seemed to take care of it for the moment.
    Patti

4. Stacy's a freak

Stacy's a freak wrangles snakes

I'm having the same problem. I hate to turn off subscriptions because I do want the new ones to hit when they are released. I have also tried to delete them but it's a tiresome task. I also tried to choose the "keep only the last 5" option but ... no go.

5. Golf4food

Golf4food Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Male pirate last ti

If you are using the free Apple Podcast app that is your problem. It sucks. Do yourself a huge favor and go buy an app like PodCruncher for $0.99 and stop beating yourself senseless over the horribly crappy Apple app that is nothing but a problem. Best $0.99 we've ever spent on an app. :)

6. wgeo

wgeo That's the kind of day where you can't open your m

Thanks for the advice I am using the apple podcast app and I'm not very impressed with it, I'll look into the one you recommended.
    Thanks

7. TigerTown

TigerTown runDisney addict!

I personally use Downcast but to your point, almost anything is better than the Apple podcast app and worth the $0.99!

8. woodleygrrl

woodleygrrl Lawyer to the Stars

However, the Dis podcast is the only one of my 6 susbscribed podcasts that do this.

Jennifer

9. bluecruiser

bluecruiser Mouseketeer

Same here, I subscribe to almost 30 podcasts, and Dis Unplugged is the only one that has old episodes show up on a fairly regular basis.

That being said, it's not a big deal, I just check the dates on podcasts before I sync, so I can remove any old ones.