Old Key West

tinks86

Mouseketeer
Hi, we have booked this resort for next summer and was hopipng you guys could fill me in on the best bits of this resort??? What are your fave things to do here? Which are the best rooms to stay in etc etc

Any pics would be fab, I love seeing pics of the resort!

Thanks for all your help :yay:

here are some pictures
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/545

some people like being close to the HH - where all the action is

building 11-14, 23-26, 62-64, 17-16 - are the closest to this.

the first stop is Pennisular road - the last stop is HH on buses going to the park.

on the DD bus it is different.

this is for right now my home resort. (selling the majority part of it for BLT)

We love it. Very relaxing, and feels like it is 'away from it all', but with a reasonably central location (except to AK). The 1 and 2BRs are spacious, with huge patios/balconies. The studios are a nice size, but have what I find to be an odd layout, with the angled interior wall. Even the not-so-great views are still pretty nice, for the most part. We tend to like the areas farther from central services, but we also usually have a car. Parking right outside your unit is fantastic. It really feels like a little community to us, rather than "just a resort"---the theme was carried through very well.

We enjoy the boat ride to DTD, casual meals at Olivias, and just walking around the resort enjoying the lush landscaping and atmosphere. Unfortunately, the CS location is nothing to write home about---unless your letters home tend to be complaints. ;) The kids gave the pool slide a thumbs up. I give the Turtle Krawl (the lounge's signature drink) two thumbs up.

We had our first stay at OKW in September after we bought it directly from Disney pretty much unseen last Thanksgiving. Prior to buying, we had a quick look at the lobby and the main pool, but that was about it.
We absolutely loved it. We had studio on the first floor in building 43 in the Turtle Pond area. The studio was a really good size. The Turtle Pond pool was right across the street and the bus stop was about 2 minutes walk away. The Turtle Pond pool is not much smaller than the main pool and DH, who basically lived near the pool while we were there, said there were never more than 2 or 3 other people in that pool. They also have a nice kid's play area, a shuffle board area, an arcade and a pool bar/ snack bar (open seasonally) at Turtle Pond pool.
We spent our last day hiring a Surrey Bike and riding it around the resort and hanging out in the community hall.
We really loved OKW. It has such a laid back atmosphere and it is so pretty. All the CMs that we met were wonderful. We loved Olivia's and ended up having most of our evening meals there.
One slight issue is the sound proofing. We had fountain near our room that was running 24/7 and was really noisy. We could also hear pretty much everything that went on in the apartment next door (loading of dishwasher, people talking, children crying every night and morning, people watching TV, etc.)

dolphingirl47

I stayed there in August for 10 nights in a one bedroom and it was very nice.
I was in building 62 and we never had a bus issues and really liked all the food. We didnt use the pool much at all. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

DH and I stayed there for 4 nights this past March and loved it. We really needed some down time and this was a perfect resort to chill out and relax at. We were in the 54 building, right next to the quiet pool and spa, Olivia's breakfast was amazing and the buses could not have been more abundant

Have a fantastic time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter