Old Key West 1 Bedroom vs Boardwalk Inn Studio Water View?

blackacex2

Mouseketeer
Which would you rather stay at for two adults for five nights:

Old Key West in a 1 bedroom

or

Boardwalk Inn in a boardwalk view room

We have plans to visit to visit the parks, eat at different resorts etc. We are used to staying at a bonnet creek 1 bedroom

Without a doubt, BW..... We prefer to be within some sort of conveyance for getting to a park... By boat, monorail or feet.....

At BW, I guess you know you can walk to 2 parks, HS and EPCOT.....convenient!

When we use to do BC, our daughter worked EPCOT during her CP, we used to pop into EPCOT for a beavertail, some beers and catch Illuminations most every night....

A BWI room is plenty big for two people. I wouldn't trade the location and experience of BW for the added space of an OKW 1 bedroom.

Plus the linens at BWI will be nicer than OKW.

pepe of ohio said:
Without a doubt, BW..... We prefer to be within some sort of conveyance for getting to a park... By boat, monorail or feet.....

At BW, I guess you know you can walk to 2 parks, HS and EPCOT.....convenient!

When we use to do BC, our daughter worked EPCOT during her CP, we used to pop into EPCOT for a beavertail, some beers and catch Illuminations most every night....

Hard to beat the location of bwi

With the studio you only have a kitchenette area and no washer and dryer. With a one bedroom you have a full kitchen with washer and dryer. Room size, a studio would be fine. Depends on what you want from the room also. Boardwalk is an awesome location. Travel time with buses from OKW can be pain at times.

Depends on how you vacation. If you go to parks from open to close, there's no need for a bigger room. If you spend time at the resort and in your room, more space might be nice. Also, the 1 bedroom will have a washer/dryer, full kitchen, and large jacuzzi tub. Do any of those appeal to you? Would you like the ability to eat meals in your room? You really can't go wrong either way, good luck deciding!

Old Key West 1 Bedroom vs Boardwalk Inn Studio Water View?

or

We have plans to visit to visit the parks, eat at different resorts etc. We are used to staying at a bonnet creek 1 bedroom

Boardwalk Inn does not have studios. Do you mean Boardwalk Villas?

DebbieB said:
Boardwalk Inn does not have studios. Do you mean Boardwalk Villas?

I meant boardwalk inn I should have said standard room instead of studio.

Does anyone prefer old key west just for the resort alone?

For us that is a hard choice! BWI with a BW view is incredible. I would love that!! And the proximity to epcot and hs is so appealing. But our family loves OKW and we stay there often. The rooms, especially a one bedroom, are so spacious and fresh. The bus is no problem for us, wehave always been happy. The boats are a fun option as well. We also prefer the "vacation condo" feel of the exterior entrances and open air corridors. The "hotel" feel of interior halls makes us feel like we are at just another hotel. The luxury of a laundry and full kitchen is always appealing for those late night frozen pizzas!!

or

No question about it,OKW is so much nicer and classier then BW. The design and layout, rooms are tops. The landscaping and pools are a wonderful combination of active and qiuet.

The bus service is the best at WDW and there is boat service to DTD.

If you want a box biulding resot,then you may like BW. If to want a qiuet, just a bit slower paced resort..then OKW is without question the place to be.:thumbsup2

AKK

No question about it,OKW is so much nicer and classier then BW. The design and layout, rooms are tops. The landscaping and pools are a wonderful combination of active and qiuet.

If you want a box biulding resot,then you may like BW. If to want a qiuet, just a bit slower paced resort..then OKW is without question the place to be.:thumbsup2

AKK

The problem with the busses at OKW is depending on where you get on, it seems to take forever just to get out of the resort. There are 5 total stops.

You can walk or boat from BW to either Epcot or DHS. Nothing beats leaving Epcot and be able to be back at your resort in 5 or 10 minutes.

I've stayed at both. OKW is great for a quiet laid back vacation. If you want to be "in the middle of the action", Boardwalk is the best.

I love a one br villa. Having a full kitchen and separate living room area can't be beat for luxury. And then there is the extra large whirlpool tub, so nice on the weary legs after a long day. I haven't been to OKW, but I've done some research into it for consideration of the next family trip. The place looks awesome.

But unfortunately when it is just DH and I on a trip, we don't really need all that space. BWI is a great location. You mentioned that you plan to eat at some of the resorts. It is very easy to walk or take the boat to HS to catch a resort bus to your reservation. If you stay at OKW you would have to take a bus to a park and then a resort bus. Or you can drive or take a taxi. OKW means four buses to four parks. BWI means two buses, which is really nice.

But a one bedroom villa at OKW is a nice choice, too. Sitting on the huge veranda with a morning cup of coffee looks very appealing. :)

blackacex2 said:
Does anyone prefer old key west just for the resort alone?

Yes. I'd live there if I could. It's really relaxing, well-landscaped, and the units are big! A one-bedroom villa is about the same size as my apartment, and I don't have the washer/dryer, the dishwasher, or the jacuzzi :(.

Wood Nymph said:
If you stay at OKW you would have to take a bus to a park and then a resort bus.
Or they could take the boat to Downtown Disney and transfer to the destination resort's bus there. Voila! Just me, but I'd rather head to dinner with a relaxing boat ride than a fifteen minute walk.

Also, if I remember correctly, the bus rides from OKW to Epcot or DHS are less than ten minutes each.

While I do love OKW, especially the bigger units, I'd still pick the BWI Boardwalk view room. A balcony overlooking the Boardwalk is my favorite spot in all of WDW. I'm willing to give up my jacuzzi tub to have it.

The problem with the busses at OKW is depending on where you get on, it seems to take forever just to get out of the resort. There are 5 total stops.

You can walk or boat from BW to either Epcot or DHS. Nothing beats leaving Epcot and be able to be back at your resort in 5 or 10 minutes.

I've stayed at both. OKW is great for a quiet laid back vacation. If you want to be "in the middle of the action", Boardwalk is the best.

I disagree on the buses,

Whether it 5 stops in or out, the overall bus service is great.Mush better then the box resorts when more then 1 resort is on 1 bus route.

I do agree if you want a box resort and boardwalk noise, thats the place. However the over quality of OKW out shines BW anytime!

See, we all have different tastes. I like being in a more enclosed resort that I can get breakfast or go to the lobby without going outside if I don't want to like WL, AKL. BC, YC, BWI... Have stayed at the Poly and GF and other seperated building resorts while I enjoyed them we didn't like fighting the rain to get to the main building.

Pakey said:
While I do love OKW, especially the bigger units, I'd still pick the BWI Boardwalk view room. A balcony overlooking the Boardwalk is my favorite spot in all of WDW. I'm willing to give up my jacuzzi tub to have it.

This I love it, beautiful view can't be beat imo

Tonka's Skipper said:

AKK

Okw classier than BWI? Not to me. Okw is nice but bwi is such a beautiful resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter