Old DVC Members!

We HAVE GOT to meet at WDW sometime. :woohoo:

I think we'd do well touring Epcot. :lmao:

But you forgot my new favorite.... the Grand Marnier Slushy in France! :thumbsup2

I have that between the Casa in Morocco and the Imperial Sampler at the Rose and Crown!:drinking1

Actually, a lot of the time I don't feel like a grown-up. Not that I am into perpetual youth (I could never do the late 1960s again - my brain is fried enough). Anyway, the only part of me that really feels 62 is my right hip and feet. Other than that, and wanting to be in bed at 9pm, I feel good to go!

As Jack Benny said, "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. "

Know what you mean. At 70 our last trip this pass November to the fort we rented a golf cart for the first time in 20 years going to the fort. Crowds seemed bigger and we know they were not.

Has anyone ever heard of the AFVC (Armed Forces Vacation Club?) I've been wondering whether it is worth pursuing rather than the Disney Vacation Club.

I am 62 with arthritis and asthma, both of which slow me down. DH is 63 and fit as a fiddle - no slowing down there. On our last trip this fall we were alone. I did find that our days were shorter than in the past.
I take NSAIDS to keep going.
I worry about the next trip with the kids, I don't know if I can keep up or not

I'm 61 and DH is 65. He had a liver transplant 4 years ago and has used an ECV since, mainly because of osteoporosis. I still go commando (my daughter snickers every time I say that) basically from morning until late night, almost always walk to and from BWV to Epcot rather than taking the bus. I've had foot surgery and one knee bothers me and I'm overweight, but I'll walk it as long as I can! Something comes over me in Disney. I suddenly have more energy than I do at home--there's no logical explanation for it!

I'm 61 and DH is 65. He had a liver transplant 4 years ago and has used an ECV since, mainly because of osteoporosis. I still go commando (my daughter snickers every time I say that) basically from morning until late night, almost always walk to and from BWV to Epcot rather than taking the bus. I've had foot surgery and one knee bothers me and I'm overweight, but I'll walk it as long as I can! Something comes over me in Disney. I suddenly have more energy than I do at home--there's no logical explanation for it!

It's called Pixie Dust!

We're 59 and 69. Since we go often, our time in the parks is very focused when we're alone...we go for just our favorites, or sometimes just a parade, fireworks, or street performers. We sleep in, relax at the pool or in comfortable public areas, sit around the fire and read...no stress and an easy pace. We never walk if we can ride. :goodvibes

It's harder when our DGD is with us, but we take turns running around with her. If we get tired, she's happy in a playground in a park or at the resort or the pool and we can kick back. I expect we'll eventually need scooters...we both have cardiac issues and I have arthritis...but that's okay. We're at WDW!

I'm 61 and DW is 64. So far we are doing okay with going to WDW, but we have slowed down a lot. We just take the parks slowly and rest a lot. My main complaint is my feet. About mid-way through the week I start getting blisters and my feet start hurting a lot. DW's problem is her back and neck start hurting. We always take a mid-day break back at the resort. And it doesn't bother me as much as it used to when the parks close early.

I can see us changing our DVC plans as time goes by. At some point, we will start cutting back on our park visits and just spend more time at the resorts and will probably eventually start doing resort only visits. We do love going to HHI and I can see us at some point dropping WDW completely and just use our points at HH (assuming we can get 7 month ressies).

It's tough getting old but much better than the alternative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter