Old Disney Nature Films

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by mymainmouse, Apr 30, 2009.

1. mymainmouse

mymainmouse Mouseketeer

Hey guys! I have been trying to locate the old nature films that were made by Disney. My Hubby and I saw them when we were in elementary school (70s and early 80s). The movies were so cute and we would love to show them to our daughters. Unfortunately I have been unable to locate any copies. I have tried Netflix, the library and just looking online. I believe the series was called the True Life Adventures and maybe True Life Fantasies or something like that. Both series followed animals in the wild but the one I am interested in was narrated and more humorous and the situations were a little more staged. I remember the movies being about otters, a cougar, and maybe a bear family.
    Thanks for any help. I figured this was the place to go with any tough Disney questions. Sorry if this is the wrong forum in which to post this question. I wasn't exactly sure where to put it.:laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. southernbelle20

southernbelle20 Mouseketeer

Look on Amazon. I just saw them on there a few days ago. Right now our family is really into the old Disney shows and movies, so i was looking for old movies on there. Last night we watched "Yellowstone Cubs" that we found in the library. The kids loved it!

I believe it is called True Life adventures.

4. mymainmouse

mymainmouse Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! :) I will have to check that out.:thumbsup2

5. jeniamt

jeniamt DIS Veteran

So freaky that you are asking about these. DH and I were just discussing the same thing a few days ago! Remember the narrater's voice? I would know that voice anywhere. I did a little research on them but didn't get very far.

6. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

7. mymainmouse

mymainmouse Mouseketeer

I know what you mean. :) I can hear his voice in my head. I wonder what his name was.

Thanks for the information! I can't wait to check it out.:)

8. earlydisneyfan

earlydisneyfan Earning My Ears

Just popping out of "lurkdom!" I think the narrator was Rex Allen. I loved these movies, too! Charlie, the Lonesome Cougar (I think that was the name) is the one I remember the most!

9. southernbelle20

southernbelle20 Mouseketeer

Rex Allen was also the narrator on the "Yellowstone Cubs" that we just watched. I'm now on the search for all these films.

10. mymainmouse

mymainmouse Mouseketeer

That is good information to have. Maybe it will help us find the movies. :) I checked at my library one more time and they said they used to have a few of them but when they updated some things those movies were so old and worn out they didn't replace them.:headache: I guess I'll keep searching. I haven't taken the time to check Disney movie club. I'll have to do that.:)

Thanks again for all of your replies!:)

11. tweedlemom

tweedlemom DIS Veteran

Check out FYE. I have seen them in their stores.