Old 10 day non expiring tickets

gracelrm

<font color=teal>Wow - you learn something new eve
I have some old 10 day, non-expiring park hoppers & fun tickets. I've got some questions.
1. Is there a way I can call Disney and see how many days are left on each ticket?
2. They've never been attached to my MDE account. We haven't used them since MDE began. If my DH and I are thinking of using them for a two day trip and we put them on our MDE account - and that trip doesn't use up all the Park Hopper options on the ticket - will we have to worry about it pulling those admissions up, on a later trip, when we have an annual pass or a five day ticket that we plan on using?

It seems like when MDE first started, I remember reading reports of people having annual passes, but it scanning and using their stored tickets instead and then having to spend park time at Member Services trying to straighten it all out.

I hope this makes sense!

TIA

I have some old 10 day, non-expiring park hoppers & fun tickets. I've got some questions.
1. Is there a way I can call Disney and see how many days are left on each ticket?
2. They've never been attached to my MDE account. We haven't used them since MDE began. If my DH and I are thinking of using them for a two day trip and we put them on our MDE account - and that trip doesn't use up all the Park Hopper options on the ticket - will we have to worry about it pulling those admissions up, on a later trip, when we have an annual pass or a five day ticket that we plan on using?

It seems like when MDE first started, I remember reading reports of people having annual passes, but it scanning and using their stored tickets instead and then having to spend park time at Member Services trying to straighten it all out.

I hope this makes sense!

TIA
To make things easier in case you eventually add on an AP, list you and your husband in MDE using your Middle Names. Link these non-expiring tickets to the Middle Name people.

Then, in the FP section of MDE, begin booking FPs for consecutive days. When you have booked for all the days that are on your ticket, the FP system will alert that you have used all entitlements. Note the number of days of FPs you have booked and that's how many days you have left on those tickets. Cancel all the FPs you have booked.

When you purchase future park hoppers or APs, link them to Real First-Name People in your MDE. That way the Middle Name people will protect the non-expiring tickets.

Thanks - will it affect anything that our room reservation is in our actual names?

I have some old 10 day, non-expiring park hoppers & fun tickets...
Is there a way I can call Disney and see how many days are left on each ticket?

Or...
Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations:
------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for contacting us regarding your unused Walt Disney World ticket media.

If you have not already done so, please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D.
to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

Sincerely,

Director, Guest Experience Services
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks - will it affect anything that our room reservation is in our actual names?
Only if you want the MagicBands associated with your room reservation to also link to your non-expiring ticket entitlements.

Option 1: Add Middle Name people and then call Reservations to Edit the names on your reservation to Middle Name people. MagicBands will then be linked to them.

Option 2: Link the non-expiring tickets to the real people on your room reservation. Then, as long as you have non-expiring entitlements leftover, you'll always have to stop at Guest Relations to have your tickets prioritized so that the system doesn't deduct from the non-expiry ticket entitlements instead of a regular park hopper or future AP.

:D It's like playing Disney Chess. Protect your own tickets without allowing Disney to mess them up.

Yes! This is exactly our problem now. We've had six days of non-expiring tickets since 2008 and didn't use them until last October when we spent one day at the Food and Wine Festival. At the same time we purchased the 13 month Annual Passes but didn't activate them. Both entitlements were put on our MDE account and we're now just realizing the possibilities for mix-ups that are there. We will be arriving at WDW with our Magic Bands for a 6 night stay on March 1 and plan to activate our APs then. I understand the strategy of going to Guest Relations to make sure that our tickets are prioritized on our bands, but was thinking about another strategy that was mentioned, specifically, instead of using the MBs to enter the parks always use the plastic AP card that we were given. That way we wouldn't have to keep going to Guest Relations every time we go to a park to make sure the correct ticket was being used. Would that work and are there any pitfalls to this strategy?

Yes! This is exactly our problem now. We've had six days of non-expiring tickets since 2008 and didn't use them until last October when we spent one day at the Food and Wine Festival. At the same time we purchased the 13 month Annual Passes but didn't activate them. Both entitlements were put on our MDE account and we're now just realizing the possibilities for mix-ups that are there. We will be arriving at WDW with our Magic Bands for a 6 night stay on March 1 and plan to activate our APs then. I understand the strategy of going to Guest Relations to make sure that our tickets are prioritized on our bands, but was thinking about another strategy that was mentioned, specifically, instead of using the MBs to enter the parks always use the plastic AP card that we were given. That way we wouldn't have to keep going to Guest Relations every time we go to a park to make sure the correct ticket was being used. Would that work and are there any pitfalls to this strategy?

Won't matter.
The plastic card and the MB will be interchangeable "ticket media."
Both will access your MDE files.

instead of using the MBs to enter the parks always use the plastic AP card that we were given.
As Robo said, they provide the same link.

The only thing you can do is set up a 2nd MDE using a different email address and add in a middle name to each person to make the names differ.

Link the 2 MDEs together and reassign/move the AP certificates to the people in MDE#2. As soon as the AP certificates are reassigned, delete MDE#2 people from MDE#1.

Your APs will be on MDE#2 and the old non-expiry tickets on MDE#1. Color code your MBs for your APs so they aren't confused with the first set of MBs/tickets.

The only thing you can do is set up a 2nd MDE using a different email address and add in a middle name to each person to make the names differ.

Link the 2 MDEs together and reassign/move the AP certificates to the people in MDE#2. As soon as the AP certificates are reassigned, delete MDE#2 people from MDE#1.

Your APs will be on MDE#2 and the old non-expiry tickets on MDE#1. Color code your MBs for your APs so they aren't confused with the first set of MBs/tickets.

Okay, I understand most of what you're saying, but a couple of things still puzzle me. When you say delete MDE #2 people from MDE #1 won't that also delete the non-expiring tickets from the MB? Also, concerning Robo's comment, I understand that both types of ticket media will be on our MDE file, but if the turnstile just reads that a hard ticket AP was used won't that be the one that is charged to the MDE account?

When you say delete MDE #2 people from MDE #1 won't that also delete the non-expiring tickets from the MB?
No, because the tickets (AP) belong to the MDE#2 people and there's no reason to keep the MDEs linked because Disney may merge the names based on birthdates and first/last names.

The AP people in MDE#2 receive an AP MB linked to them in MDE#2.

Regarding Robo's explanation: Any card (AP, MVMCP, MYW) linked to a Profile line always provides the link to whichever ticket entitlements sit in that same Profile line. It doesn't matter what type of entitlement sits in that Profile, the system deducts whichever is first in the line-up.

To make things easier in case you eventually add on an AP, list you and your husband in MDE using your Middle Names. Link these non-expiring tickets to the Middle Name people.

Then, in the FP section of MDE, begin booking FPs for consecutive days. When you have booked for all the days that are on your ticket, the FP system will alert that you have used all entitlements. Note the number of days of FPs you have booked and that's how many days you have left on those tickets. Cancel all the FPs you have booked.

When you purchase future park hoppers or APs, link them to Real First-Name People in your MDE. That way the Middle Name people will protect the non-expiring tickets.
Oh my gosh, this sounds complicated. Maybe I am to tired. I too have some old non-expiring that I don't want to mess up.

Only if you want the MagicBands associated with your room reservation to also link to your non-expiring ticket entitlements.

Option 1: Add Middle Name people and then call Reservations to Edit the names on your reservation to Middle Name people. MagicBands will then be linked to them.

Option 2: Link the non-expiring tickets to the real people on your room reservation. Then, as long as you have non-expiring entitlements leftover, you'll always have to stop at Guest Relations to have your tickets prioritized so that the system doesn't deduct from the non-expiry ticket entitlements instead of a regular park hopper or future AP.
Quoting so I can find this again when I need to in future.

Grey matter splatter.

We have been thru this - and have some encouraging news for you. All 4 of us have 2 -10day Non-Expiring tickets on our accounts - some that have days used.

When we activated our APs - they immediately were bumped to the top of our ticket media list and they stayed there for the entire year. I checked a few times with guest services on this and they said once the AP was activated, it would stay on top. One thing we didn't try to do was go to the water parks during that year which would have required us to use one of our other tickets during the year.

I don't think you would have to worry about this as a daily activity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter