OKW v. WLV HELP PLEASE

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
I need help fast. I have to make a decision by tomorrow morning. Either OKW studio or WLV studio. I can't decide. It is my husband, me and our 4 year old son. I thought I would love WLV. The exterior and the Lodge is incredible. But from the photographs, I think the studio room looks rather bland. In fact, the regular rooms in the Lodge look prettier to me than the studio. I can't afford a 1 bedroom. Being from Oklahoma, the decor looks like what we see around here everday. Anyone stayed in one of the studios at WLV? Then, OKW looks a little boring and, although the studios are bigger, the have two queen beds, making them seem smaller. HELP ME. I am such a priss. Also, OKW is $140.00 cheaper over a 4 night span. Not a big enough reason to not go with WLV, but I'm not convinced I like the rooms there better. Thanks for your help.

The studios at OKW are larger than VWL, but with the 2 queen beds, feel smaller, IMO. I think you need to decide what is important to you in terms of themeing (woodsy vs. florida), location (close to MK vs DTD), room layout (2 beds vs. bed/sofa), etc. The pics of VWL are deceiving. I wasn't all that impressed with the decor based on the photos I had seen, but really liked it when I saw it in person. I have to say, it doesn't remind me of Oklahoma at all - more like Colorado. Another consideration might be whether or not you will have a car. Some locations at OKW are remote and you would have to rely on the buses to get to the check-in/main pool area to use those facilities if your room wasn't already close by. This would not be an issue at VWL.

Since you have a 4yo, I am guessing that you will be going to MK. If that is the case, I would go with VWL. I would also rather have the sofa to have some place to sit rather than have to lounge on the beds.

With a 4 year old, I'd be tempted to go to VWL. More themed and closer to MK.

OKW is lovely, and quieter than VWL, and I like the quiet after a day of running around. The rooms there are a bit bigger and if you have a car, you can park right by the unit and not have to go far to get in. I've been going for years now and I always would chose OKW as my first choice. Most rooms have much larger balconys and when the kids go to sleep, it's a nice place to relax. The views are of the canals or the golf course and I like sitting out on the balcony. The balcony at VWL are much smaller.

If it's your first visit, VWL is much more "Disney"
If it's a repeat trip OKW is much more relaxing.

Both are great choices. OKW is very spread out, and if you are far from the front, a car is almost needed to get up to the pool. I know that after a long day, I have skipped going to the main pool because one more long walk was just too much when we didn't have a rental car. Try to get up by the Hospitality House if you don't have a car.

Hope that helps.

:)

OKW Studios beat any other DVC studio. The bathroom is twice the size of any other. There are more washers/dryers available. You get two queen beds instead of one queen and one double sleeper sofa. If I don't have the points to stay in a one bedroom, I'll stay in an OKW studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter