OKW to SSR

iluvtot

DIS Veteran
Hi,
We are staying at OKW, and I have booked an ADR at the Turf Club in SSR. We were planning on getting the boat there, but DSIL who has just got back says that the boat doesn't go there anymore. Does anyone know if that is correct; and if it is, what is the best way to get there without driving.
Thanks!:thumbsup2

Jules x

Hi Jules, you could get the boat to DD, then the boat to SSR as these are at the same place. Get off one & onto the next. You can also walk, you cross a bridge near the Turf Club, but the path at OKW closes during the evening.

Yes that's right. The current schedule for the water taxis is:

• Yellow Flags between Downtown Disney Marketplace and Port Orleans Riverside/Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Blue Flags between the re-opened dock behind Paradiso 37 at Pleasure Island and Saratoga Springs, including the new Treehouse Villas dock
  • Green Flags between the re-opened dock behind Paradiso 37 at Pleasure Island and Old Key West
  • Red Flags: Internal Downtown Disney water taxi, running from the Marketplace dock next to the Rainforest Cafe, via the Pleasure Island dock behind Paradiso 37, over to the West Side dock opposite Cirque du Soleil

As stephensmum says, the trail between the two resorts closes at dusk. You could walk over and get a taxi back, or just get a taxi both ways.

Hi Jules, you could get the boat to DD, then the boat to SSR as these are at the same place. Get off one & onto the next. You can also walk, you cross a bridge near the Turf Club, but the path at OKW closes during the evening.

Thanks Sharon, and Luke.
Wonder if we could walk there, and then get the boat to DTD then back to OKW? Does anyone know what time they close the path?
Wonder how long it would take? (Doing a Pooh Bear here! Pondering....!) Can't think why they have stopped stopping (??!!!) at SSR. DSIL says it is because the Treetop Villas have opened, but still doesn't make sense to me!!:confused3

Jules x

I think we were probably posting at the same time, Jules, but you could certainly do that. Your walk to SSR would be 10 minutes at a fairly brisk pace (that's from the start of the path - some of the units at OKW could be that far from the path). As I say, the path closes at dusk, but that should be easy enough to work out. When are you going? If light is failing when you leave the Turf Club, you could certainly get the water taxi over to DTD and then pick up the boat back to OKW.

OK, so I've just spotted your ticker. Sunset is going to be around 8pm, or shortly after, and dusk is actually after that - i.e. when the light fades altogether.

OK, so I've just spotted your ticker. Sunset is going to be around 8pm, or shortly after, and dusk is actually after that - i.e. when the light fades altogether.

:thanks: Sorry I wasn't ignoring you, have just been offline for a while:)

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter