OKW to BWV

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by tb1972, Jul 30, 2012.

1. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

We plan to do a split stay - what's the best way to check out of OKW and check in to BW?
    Thanks!
    Tabatha

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

Assuming that you don't have a car, I would check out at OKW and take a bus or the boat to DTD and catch a bus to BWV. I think bell services can take care of transferring your luggage.

4. WAWDWLUVER

WAWDWLUVER Mouseketeer

You could also hop a bus to HS and take the boat to BWV.

5. tb1972

tb1972 DIS Veteran

Thank you both for the suggestions! Now that I have a transportation plan, waiting til vacation will be the hard part!

6. dreamscometrue

dreamscometrue Mouseketeer

Hi there~Just back from a split stay at SSR and BWV. Bell services will transfer your luggage to the second resort. I called the day before to schedule a time because we were headed to a park that morning and I didn't want to be waiting around. Bell Services will give you a receipt for the number of pieces you are transferring. I had done online check in for both reservations and it worked beautifully. When we finished at Animal Kingdom, late afternoon (4 ish) we got a bus to BWV and our room was ready. Stopped at bell services in the lobby and they actually came with us to the room with our luggage. Never dreamed a split stay would be so easy. Thanks to all who offered advice before my trip regarding the split stay and the online check in. : ) Have a great trip!!

7. Disney Princess

Disney Princess <font color=red>Member Since Day 1<br><font color=

Unless you need to check in and get dining credits, there is no need to go to your second resort early in the morning. We just have Bell Services take our bags and head to a park. When done at the park, we then head to the new resort, usually in the afternoon, and check in at that point in time.

Keep in mind that luggage is only transferred once per day by Bell Services. If you plan to swim later, change clothes, etc. be sure to keep that with you just in case your luggage takes a while.

You can also take a cab with your bags in the morning. If your room isn't ready, you could leave your bags with Bell Services, but at least it would be there and you'd have access if you needed something out of your bags.