OKW - Not requesting a certain room/area - results?

Sheilby

Labels aren't my thing
Hey all,

We are staying at OKW (non DVC) from 11/13-11/20. When I booked the room there was no "near hospitality house" option, but I wasn't really worried because I figured I would never get it anyway since a lot of people want that. I was wondering if I should call and ask just not to be put in the far reaches of the resort as a preference. I'm more the type to get what I get and not get upset, and I'm afraid if I request something and then get it but find something wrong with it, I'll blame myself for requesting it in the first place (yes, I know I'm crazy).

Anyway, my question is, if I don't request anything, am I pretty much guaranteed to be in the farthest corner? I'm assuming DVC members get first pick of the rooms anyway. We stayed in the tree houses at SSR the last time so I probably wouldn't be that bothered by the walk, but I don't want to exhaust my MIL before we even get to the parks and I heard the internal buses don't run that often. What would you do?

There is one area at OKW that faces a really noisy road....it had buses going up and down it thru the night. We had to get switched the following day. The CM said people from NYC enjoy that area b/c they are use to city noise thru the night. I am not and it really bothered me. So for me that would be a must to avoid.

When making reservations at OKW we give them building numbers such as 19, 20 or 21 as first requests for our rooms. Most times we at least get area we are looking for. You still have time to call and give then your first and second areas you would like, never hurts.

When making reservations at OKW we give them building numbers such as 19, 20 or 21 as first requests for our rooms. Most times we at least get area we are looking for. You still have time to call and give then your first and second areas you would like, never hurts.

Excellent advise.... :thumbsup2

What size is your room? If it's a 1 or 2 bedroom and you have someone sleeping in the living room, request building 30 or higher because they have a second entrance into the master bathroom. That way someone sleeping in the living room doesn't have to go through the master bedroom to get to the bathroom.

Where would you request? For me (not having ever been to the resort just looking at map) I think we would like 23-28 but I know those are older buildings and I don't know if they have issues. I would love 62 and that area, but I know those are the most requested and I believe the 60's are the only ones with elevators so they are probably saved for people who need them. If my mom was with us I would need an elevator, but we can handle the stairs.

What size is your room? If it's a 1 or 2 bedroom and you have someone sleeping in the living room, request building 30 or higher because they have a second entrance into the master bathroom. That way someone sleeping in the living room doesn't have to go through the master bedroom to get to the bathroom.

It's a 2 bedroom suite for 7 people. We are going to give the master bedroom to my MIL and FIL so they have some privacy away from our 3 boys. I figured my hubby and I would sleep in one of the queens in the other bedroom and my two youngest (10, 6) would take the other bed. My oldest (13) would take the pull out chair. There are two bathrooms in all the 2 bedroom suites right? So he could just use the other one without bothering my inlaws?

What would you request? I know my boys will want to use the slide at the big pool at least a couple of times and I would like to not be too far away from a bus stop and drink refills.

What would your preference be?

You could try to request Peninsular Rd. Love that area and close to the house/pool/drinks. We love staying there. You do NOT want Turtle Pond, that is as far away as can be from humanity! We got stuck there once a long time ago before we became wise. For three days we had the section we were in all to ourselves :rotfl2:

Good luck!

OP, thanks for starting this thread. I've been wondering whether I should make any requests, also. We rented points to stay there for my birthday, starting 12/31, so I know it'll be busy and I'm afraid we won't really have much of an option. We're staying in a Studio, just me, my husband and our two sons. We don't need a stroller anymore, so it's OK for us to have a higher floor. For those of you who have been there, what would you request? We'll have our car, but we usually like to use the Disney transportation. Since it'll be January, we won't be using the pool so I don't care about close proximity to one.

You could try to request Peninsular Rd. Love that area and close to the house/pool/drinks. We love staying there. You do NOT want Turtle Pond, that is as far away as can be from humanity! We got stuck there once a long time ago before we became wise. For three days we had the section we were in all to ourselves :rotfl2:

Good luck!

Some people pay big bucks for that kind of privacy ;)

OP, thanks for starting this thread. I've been wondering whether I should make any requests, also. We rented points to stay there for my birthday, starting 12/31, so I know it'll be busy and I'm afraid we won't really have much of an option. We're staying in a Studio, just me, my husband and our two sons. We don't need a stroller anymore, so it's OK for us to have a higher floor. For those of you who have been there, what would you request? We'll have our car, but we usually like to use the Disney transportation. Since it'll be January, we won't be using the pool so I don't care about close proximity to one.

Happy birthday to be. I hit the big 40 last year, but without a trip to Disney. :) Our 15th wedding anniversary will be less than a month before our trip so I am calling it our anniversary trip.

If you don't care about the pool (we would still use it in January - it's heated after all, and we are crazy), you really aren't hemmed in much. Here is a map with the bus stops marked: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/okwmap.htm Maybe you can just request a room near a stop, although since you will have the car you still have so much freedom. Have a wonderful trip!

Hey all,

We are staying at OKW (non DVC) from 11/13-11/20. When I booked the room there was no "near hospitality house" option, but I wasn't really worried because I figured I would never get it anyway since a lot of people want that. I was wondering if I should call and ask just not to be put in the far reaches of the resort as a preference. I'm more the type to get what I get and not get upset, and I'm afraid if I request something and then get it but find something wrong with it, I'll blame myself for requesting it in the first place (yes, I know I'm crazy).

Anyway, my question is, if I don't request anything, am I pretty much guaranteed to be in the farthest corner? I'm assuming DVC members get first pick of the rooms anyway. We stayed in the tree houses at SSR the last time so I probably wouldn't be that bothered by the walk, but I don't want to exhaust my MIL before we even get to the parks and I heard the internal buses don't run that often. What would you do?

We are staying at OKW11/12-11/19 we requested a studio near the hospitality house, I'm not sure if we will get it, we booked it at the 7 month mark so hopefully:)

We are staying at OKW11/12-11/19 we requested a studio near the hospitality house, I'm not sure if we will get it, we booked it at the 7 month mark so hopefully:)

Those were our original dates but I shifted them back a day so I would only miss one co-op day (Tuesdays for us). See you there!

Buildings 11 to 14 and 23 to 26 are "near hospitality house" for DVC reservations. You have to have that reserved, it's not a request.

My personal favorite is Turtle Pond water view but I always had a rental car. Quiet, nice views.

My least favorite that I've stayed in is building 28, the view is blocked by trees, which makes the room dark.

All busses stop last at the Hospitality House, so you can hop on any bus to get to the pool.

Buildings 11 to 14 and 23 to 26 are "near hospitality house" for DVC reservations. You have to have that reserved, it's not a request.

My personal favorite is Turtle Pond water view but I always had a rental car. Quiet, nice views.

My least favorite that I've stayed in is building 28, the view is blocked by trees, which makes the room dark.

All busses stop last at the Hospitality House, so you can hop on any bus to get to the pool.

I rented the points and on the reservation it says deluxe studio- hospitality house so hopefully that means we will get it:)

All buses stop last at the Hospitality House, so you can hop on any bus to get to the pool.

I booked as a regular guest and there wasn't an option for near hospitality house. Does 62 and 63 count as near hospitality house too? They seem even closer.

How often do the buses run through the resort? Will we be stuck waiting a long time in the middle of the day? The spot you mentioned looks nice on the map and I'm very tempted, but we will only have a car for a day and a half on the trip. I kind of like the idea of the room being blocked by trees, they absorb sound and would keep the patio cooler. I'm sure we will enjoy wherever we are.

I booked as a regular guest and there wasn't an option for near hospitality house. Does 62 and 63 count as near hospitality house too? They seem even closer.

How often do the buses run through the resort? Will we be stuck waiting a long time in the middle of the day? The spot you mentioned looks nice on the map and I'm very tempted, but we will only have a car for a day and a half on the trip. I kind of like the idea of the room being blocked by trees, they absorb sound and would keep the patio cooler. I'm sure we will enjoy wherever we are.

62, 63, 64 are not in the "near hospitality house" category but they are often used for handicapped or medical requests since they are the only buildings with elevators. That's another thing to consider - the buildings are 2 or 3 stories with no elevators except those 3. You mentioned your MIL, you may want to request first floor.

You have 4 park busses, water parks & Downtown Disney, so even in the middle of the day busses should come frequently to get the hospitality house.

62, 63, 64 are not in the "near hospitality house" category but they are often used for handicapped or medical requests since they are the only buildings with elevators. That's another thing to consider - the buildings are 2 or 3 stories with no elevators except those 3. You mentioned your MIL, you may want to request first floor.

You have 4 park busses, water parks & Downtown Disney, so even in the middle of the day busses should come frequently to get the hospitality house.

Oh, so they are the same buses as the park buses, We stayed at the SSR tree houses last time and it was an internal bus and then we had to switch at the main stop to catch the park buses. It was a pain so most of the time we walked. I don't want to tire out the little one before we hit the parks though, last time he was in a stroller.

There is one area at OKW that faces a really noisy road....it had buses going up and down it thru the night. We had to get switched the following day. The CM said people from NYC enjoy that area b/c they are use to city noise thru the night. I am not and it really bothered me. So for me that would be a must to avoid.

Do you recall which section had the noisy road nearby? I'd like to avoid this one with young kids - thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter