OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at OKW for 5 nights over thanksgiving. It was our first visit to OKW and we absolutely loved it so much I am working on buying into DVC for OKW sometime next year.

We stayed in 4511 and the view and quiet was awesome. We had the canal view where would could watch many boats go up and down the waterway. I laughed a few times when a few boaters early in the morning passed by our condo yelling "WAKE UP WAKE UP".

OKW was beautiful and just so relaxing.

We are staying Jan 9-14, going for the half and full marathon. We were told last year that you could walk over to Epcot from OKW for the races.
I saw another post in this thread that said you weren't able to walk to any of the parks. Is it possible since many roads are closed due to these races? If so, what bldg would be the best to request?

Like others, we did walk over. There was no traffic since it is so early in the am. You actually cut through the employee entrance area, crossed the street and followed the people. We were told to take the bus, but you had to get up even earlier and my husband enjoyed the extra hour sleep. We didn't have anyone tell us not to, nor did anyone try to stop us that morning. The only "issue" if you can call it that was once we dropped Dave off, me and the kids had to walk around the fencing that was put up to find a spot and chill for the start of the race.

We learned this from runners that we chatted with at the pool.

Cheryl

Hi,

I am so excited, and nobody in the "real world" understands.:confused3

I have just finished booking my 2013 trip. We only get Home every other year, being in the UK.

I have just booked 17 nights in an accessible 1 bedroom near Hospitality House!:cool1:

This will be our first 3 week trip, starting on October 29th. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first 2 days. Then I have a studio at OKW booked, which I am hoping to change to either VWL, or AKV at the 7 month window. Then the stay in the 1 bedroom.

We have also just made the last payment on our master contract.:banana: :banana:

Sid74 said:
Hi,

I am so excited, and nobody in the "real world" understands.:confused3

I have just finished booking my 2013 trip. We only get Home every other year, being in the UK.

I have just booked 17 nights in an accessible 1 bedroom near Hospitality House!:cool1:

This will be our first 3 week trip, starting on October 29th. We are staying at All Star Movies for the first 2 days. Then I have a studio at OKW booked, which I am hoping to change to either VWL, or AKV at the 7 month window. Then the stay in the 1 bedroom.

We have also just made the last payment on our master contract.:banana: :banana:

That's so great! I totally agree about the real world comment... That's why we have the DIS!

Thanks SAT887.:goodvibes

I was worried it would sound like I was bragging.:worried:

I have been counting down to being able to make this booking since this time last year, so having it all booked is great.:yay:

Best thing about DVC, always have a trip in the works! I've got June, working on a last minute trip right now!

BEASLYBOO said:
Best thing about DVC, always have a trip in the works! I've got June, working on a last minute trip right now!

Hehe I have a few trips in the works as well. It helps to leave and be ready to book and plan the next!!

1st OKW owners trip in May 13....Do you need to bring towels for the main pool? I'm assuming ,since they do rent rooms via cash to non-members there are towels for use. However assuming is when I get in trouble.;) TIA for your knowledge!

WILDERNESS FAN 55 said:
1st OKW owners trip in May 13....Do you need to bring towels for the main pool? I'm assuming ,since they do rent rooms via cash to non-members there are towels for use. However assuming is when I get in trouble.;) TIA for your knowledge!

They have towels at all the pools, and when your done you just put them in the towel return :)

BEASLYBOO said:

Yep!! Just got back from a week at AKV-Kidani now already planning next year's F&W trip at OKW.

Okay, so most of you know I am a HUGE OKW fan, but lately I've had some housekeeping issues there. This past week was no exception. We were in a 1 bedroom in building 45 (our favorite location!), and my socks got just filthy walking around the living room. I looked in the hall closet, and found the steam cleaner there. After noticing it had a brand new pad on it, I decided to do a quick cleaning of the floors. It was fast and easy, and took me about 5 minutes to do the fake wood in the living room and the tile in the bathrooms. The white pad turned very black!!! They obviously had not cleaned them in a long time. S

So here's what I did about it. I left a tip envelope when we left. On the outside it said "houskeeping tip". On the inside was a note that said..."The steam cleaner in the closet is a wonderful tool that works marvelously on the floors. Perhaps housekeeping should be using it between guests instead of just leaving it there for guests to use.":rotfl2: I wish I could have been there when she opened it!

Okay, so most of you know I am a HUGE OKW fan, but lately I've had some housekeeping issues there. This past week was no exception. We were in a 1 bedroom in building 45 (our favorite location!), and my socks got just filthy walking around the living room. I looked in the hall closet, and found the steam cleaner there. After noticing it had a brand new pad on it, I decided to do a quick cleaning of the floors. It was fast and easy, and took me about 5 minutes to do the fake wood in the living room and the tile in the bathrooms. The white pad turned very black!!! They obviously had not cleaned them in a long time. S

So here's what I did about it. I left a tip envelope when we left. On the outside it said "houskeeping tip". On the inside was a note that said..."The steam cleaner in the closet is a wonderful tool that works marvelously on the floors. Perhaps housekeeping should be using it between guests instead of just leaving it there for guests to use.":rotfl2: I wish I could have been there when she opened it!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So next October, when I am at OKW for F&W, I shouldn't say Diane sent me??;)

Hope you wrote the note in Spanish!

Good to know for the future, though!

I hope Diane also spoke to the manager about the housekeeping standards. We were at OKW just 10 days ago and had no problem in our unit (1510) but its important to let management know of any failures. That's the best way to get Disney to maintain high standards for the entire OKW Resort.

I hope Diane also spoke to the manager about the housekeeping standards. We were at OKW just 10 days ago and had no problem in our unit (1510) but its important to let management know of any failures. That's the best way to get Disney to maintain high standards for the entire OKW Resort.
Actually, I did not speak to the manager, but I did send something to Member Satisfaction. I will say that I have had the most housekeeping issues in buildings 45 and 46. I'm not sure why that is, but the last time I DID complain to the manager about it, I was told that housekeepers work in groups and usually are assigned the same buildings each day. That might explain why I've had the most issues in that location. FYI, I've always had great housekeeping in building 15. That's another of my favs! LOVE that one when we want a GV.

Single digit dance :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me...

Requested Turtle pond area + water view + close to bus stop.

My first visit to WDW as a DVC owner!

Single digit dance :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me...

Requested Turtle pond area + water view + close to bus stop.

My first visit to WDW as a DVC owner!

Hope you get all your requests pixiedust: I was in building 43 in August and had a wonderful water view room :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter