OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked a ten day stay at OKW for July 1st through the 10th!! Booked a two bedroom and a one bedroom for myself, my daughter and my sister and her family of 7. Requested Turtle Pond as suggested by the many posts, as most of us are middle aged or young adults. So excited! First tme at OKW!:dance3:

Just arrived this evening Iam in building 46 i like the location as i am in an end room, it looks as though i can see water from the patio. I did not arrive until after 11:00 so it is too daerk to see the view. My phone in the room does not work and the clock was un plugged and i can not figure out how to reset the time:confused3 in the morning i will go to the front desk to see about the phone. I may have to use ear plugs at night to sleep i can hear the buses going up and down the road.
i can not get over the size of the room, i am in a studio, but it is huge. I plan on walking around the resort tomorrow so that i can check everything out

We are at OKW now, room 3537. Been here since Mon., staying til next Fri. It has been so peaceful and relaxing. Watching the birds around the pond in the AM while drinking coffee on the balcony. Considering going and getting some re-bar and barring the doors and windows and holding off the CMs as long as possible for some extra nights::yes::

We are at OKW now, room 3537. Been here since Mon., staying til next Fri. It has been so peaceful and relaxing. Watching the birds around the pond in the AM while drinking coffee on the balcony. Considering going and getting some re-bar and barring the doors and windows and holding off the CMs as long as possible for some extra nights::yes::

Jimmy, we'll be in your favorite place in less than a month. VWL for the marathon. But OKW is great, isn't it??

Jimmy, we'll be in your favorite place in less than a month. VWL for the marathon. But OKW is great, isn't it??

We love it here Deb!! T and I have enjoyed just hanging out on the balcony, soaking it all in. Im not sure which fairway we are on, but let me just say there are some dangerous golfers out there. One ball just hit the trees and pounded the roof next door:duck:

We love VWL too as you know, but OKW is quickly becoming a really close second in our hearts.

Hope you have a great trip in Jan.!!

We stayed in a 1br villa for the very 1st time from Nov 23-Dec1st. We were in bldg 64 had a view of the 7th green. 3rd floor.

it was amazing. Its only the 2 of us and for the 1st time in a while...we really did relax while on vacation.

we are booked for the YC in July for 14 nights. for the same price..but for 12 nights...we can stay in a 1br again at okw. we are leaning towards changing it to OKW.

We have nothing negative to report. for our 1st time in a villA/dvc resort...it was just perfect.

The resort really is peaceful, I walked over to the gift store this morning to stock up on yogart and some things for breakfast it was just about a 10 minute walk. I am close to the South pointe bus stop and there is a quiet o
pool just around the corner. The play ground looks cute too. As i sit here on my patio I can see the balloon in DTD

We're in building 37. I thought we'd hear some road noise, but nope! It IS very peaceful! And my DH discovered the fireworks from Epcot last night. Hadn't even thought about that. :blush:

Hi to all those who are here! If you see three "aged" (or should I say "experienced") folks (my mom is 88!) it's probably us. :lmao:

We're in building 37. I thought we'd hear some road noise, but nope! It IS very peaceful! And my DH discovered the fireworks from Epcot last night. Hadn't even thought about that. :blush:

Hi to all those who are here! If you see three "aged" (or should I say "experienced") folks (my mom is 88!) it's probably us. :lmao:

Experienced is a good thing, it tells you to slow down and smell the roses, I am speaking from "experience":goodvibes

Hi all, just thought I'd chime in here. We arrived at OKW Saturday afternoon. I had, against my instincts, lol, put in (for the first time ever) room requests for "fairway view" and "near hh". Got neither, lol. They put us in 3834. Lots of road noise, no view what-so-ever. Bummer. But the kicker was the third floor. With the stroller and my wife being 4 months along, well, it just wasn't desirable. Sorry to those that might love bldg 38! Add to that 2.2yo who insists on climbing the stairs herself. Needless to say after we got back from an excellent dinner at Wolfgang Puck, and after my daughter fell asleep (no nap that day...surprised we oly had 1 meltdown at dinner!) I walked to the front desk and asked if they had any 1 bedrooms on the first floor. Cool, they did. There was some issue that the OKW manager was able to override (something about operations not wanting to ok the move until Monday?? He cleared it up by stating that the boss in Opeations isn't his boss, that his boss was leaning on the counter chatting with him now. :) ) but we are now in Bldg 30, first floor. Very cool. Nice view. And after two days of no naps....both my wide and daughter are sleeping away as I speak.

This is an interesting stay for us. I havnt stayed here in 7-8 years....always opting for BW, or as we did our last two trips, BLT. I'm afraid we might be spoiled with the amount of amenities within walking distance at the other places. But we wanted to try someplace different for a change. We like it so far...just need to figure out what we're doing for dinner tonight....as the skies just opened up (cats and dogs,wow!).

Just got back from a week long stay in a 3 bed GV. We were in 4822 - great view, close to the bus stop and quiet pool. We did have a few rogue golf balls that headed our way but all and all a wonderful stay...

We tried AKL and we were in Jambo in a 1 bed value - DH and I agree we still love OKW. We enjoy parking near our room and the space. We are hoping our next family trip to get a villa for 2 nights at BLT and then go to OKW for 5 or 6 nights :)

NedsTJ said:
Hi all, just thought I'd chime in here. We arrived at OKW Saturday afternoon. I had, against my instincts, lol, put in (for the first time ever) room requests for "fairway view" and "near hh". Got neither, lol. They put us in 3834. Lots of road noise, no view what-so-ever. Bummer. But the kicker was the third floor. With the stroller and my wife being 4 months along, well, it just wasn't desirable. Sorry to those that might love bldg 38! Add to that 2.2yo who insists on climbing the stairs herself. Needless to say after we got back from an excellent dinner at Wolfgang Puck, and after my daughter fell asleep (no nap that day...surprised we oly had 1 meltdown at dinner!) I walked to the front desk and asked if they had any 1 bedrooms on the first floor. Cool, they did. There was some issue that the OKW manager was able to override (something about operations not wanting to ok the move until Monday?? He cleared it up by stating that the boss in Opeations isn't his boss, that his boss was leaning on the counter chatting with him now. :) ) but we are now in Bldg 30, first floor. Very cool. Nice view. And after two days of no naps....both my wide and daughter are sleeping away as I speak.

This is an interesting stay for us. I havnt stayed here in 7-8 years....always opting for BW, or as we did our last two trips, BLT. I'm afraid we might be spoiled with the amount of amenities within walking distance at the other places. But we wanted to try someplace different for a change. We like it so far...just need to figure out what we're doing for dinner tonight....as the skies just opened up (cats and dogs,wow!).

Olivia's at the Hospitality House will really be a pleasant surprise if you haven't tried it-the conch fritters and the shrimp and grits were awesome!

I saw the fireworks from Epcot tonight walking back from the bus stop. I have been getting off at Peninsula road and then walking over to my building in the Southpoint area, I could even hear the music from Illuminations. It was a nice bonus

Well DH and I drove up today. Got in a bit later than we usually like to so there was nothing across from the HH but we ended up in 2310 and really like it. Not much in the way of a view...partial view of lake and fountain off one side of patio and partial view of back of HH off the other side...but the location is very convenient. One minute walk to Penninsular bus stop which is the first stop coming into the resort, and just a few minutes to walk to HH bus stop which is the last stop. If we use the HH stop to catch a bus going to a park and Penninsular stop to get off coming back we never have to do the bus tour of the whole resort :)

Got to our room as the skies opened up so took the hint and chilled out and rested up. Then we headed to MK where we watched the little stage show that lights up the castle, strolled through New Fantasyland...the roasted pork shank at Gaston's Tavern is AHmazing!...and caught the fireworks over icecream before heading back to our room. Got back to the room just as it was raining again. Not a bad night 8:)

We are staying Jan 9-14, going for the half and full marathon. We were told last year that you could walk over to Epcot from OKW for the races.
I saw another post in this thread that said you weren't able to walk to any of the parks. Is it possible since many roads are closed due to these races? If so, what bldg would be the best to request?

We are staying Jan 9-14, going for the half and full marathon. We were told last year that you could walk over to Epcot from OKW for the races.
I saw another post in this thread that said you weren't able to walk to any of the parks. Is it possible since many roads are closed due to these races? If so, what bldg would be the best to request?

Maybe I am missing something, but I do not see any way to walk to EPCOT, the park is not that far away, but you have to cross a pretty busy roadway....unless there is another way to get there that I am missing

Just got back from a magnificent 6 day stay. Had a studio on Millers Road, 2225, which was very nice. We loved the gorgeous landscaping and the peaceful atmosphere. Took advantage of the boat to DTD many times. We will definitely be back.

Other than a golfer relieving himself by a tree in the middle of the course our trip couldn't have been better.

My husband and his friend have walked from OKW to the starting line that is on World Drive outside Epcot. But in the last few years, OKW advertised to guests that they should not walk to the start, but take a bus instead. Buses load at the Hospitality House. They don't go all around the resort like the theme park buses.

You cannot walk to Epcot from OKW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter