OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We will be arriving before check-in time (4:00). I have completed the online check-in. We will be having a car bring us from the airport to OKW. Can anyone tell me where we need to go specifically at OKW?
Any details about how online check-in works would be appreciated too. How do we find out where our room is?
Great questions, we would like to know this too!

This will be our first stay at OKW can't wait. Just wondering if anybody knows what time in the morning that you can use refillable mugs to get coffee ? I know that Good's food to go doesn't open until 7:00-7:30 but is it possible to refill a coffee earlier then that ? Thanks you...

Quickest way to get to Ft Wilderness campground from OKW for breakfast...should we bus it to MK and then take the ferry or is there another faster way without us having to drive two cars?!

Online check-in cancels out any request you make with Member Services. Plus, 45 & 46 are probably the most requested buildings at OKW. I would say chances are slim, but no less than anyone else's. I would contact Member Services again and ask them to remove any requests except building 45 or 46, with Peninsular Road as an alternate.

Why are buildings 45&46 so popular?

They are the only two buildings directly on the canal.

Thanks so much! Do you know how long a walk it is to hospitality house from those buildings. We are staying at OKW for 2 weeks in December and I am trying to decide what building to request.

My last stay at OKW, during Easter '15, canal front was an online check-in option. (And we got it.) That might have changed, though.
This wasn't an option that I saw...it listed floors and roads for requests, which is why I made sure to call and add on my "special" requests. there are two other buildings on the canal, but off in like a cul-de-sac if you will. It's the little group right next to 45 and 46, to the right if looking at the map.

Hello, we are staying at OKW for 2 weeks in Dec. We have a studio reserved. Does anyone know if all studios have balconies? If you have suggestions of a studio you've stayed in that has a balcony with a nice view of water or the golf course I would really appreciate the advice..thx!

Hello, we are staying at OKW for 2 weeks in Dec. We have a studio reserved. Does anyone know if all studios have balconies? If you have suggestions of a studio you've stayed in that has a balcony with a nice view of water or the golf course I would really appreciate the advice..thx!
Most of the studios are located at the ends of the buildings except for the larger U shaped buildings that have studios in the bend/angle of the building (they only have a patio door for light - no window to these rooms). At the ends of the building you might have shrubbery, trees, AC units, bamboo at the ends of the building. Or the sidewalk and parking lot. A few have a nicer view, but not as many as the one and two bedroom villas.

Most of the studios are located at the ends of the buildings except for the larger U shaped buildings that have studios in the bend/angle of the building (they only have a patio door for light - no window to these rooms). At the ends of the building you might have shrubbery, trees, AC units, bamboo at the ends of the building. Or the sidewalk and parking lot. A few have a nicer view, but not as many as the one and two bedroom villas.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

We're considering a DVC purchase and have booked a stay in a 1 BR villa to check it out. We usually plan 2 to 6 months in advance and take trips of 3 to 5 nights. We also visit Disney 3 to 4 times per year. Before we make the plunge, we thought we'd stay in OKW since it (or SSR) will likely be where we stay as short notice planners.

So, I've looked at the map but I'm still confused about room requests. Is there a preferred "Road" choice? Would it be better to choose "close to transportation"? Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Liz

Hello everyone!

We're considering a DVC purchase and have booked a stay in a 1 BR villa to check it out. We usually plan 2 to 6 months in advance and take trips of 3 to 5 nights. We also visit Disney 3 to 4 times per year. Before we make the plunge, we thought we'd stay in OKW since it (or SSR) will likely be where we stay as short notice planners.

So, I've looked at the map but I'm still confused about room requests. Is there a preferred "Road" choice? Would it be better to choose "close to transportation"? Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Liz
OKW has near Hospitality House area and all the rest. NHH area is Bldg 11-14 and 23-26. But as a long time OKW owner, I'd prefer not to be in 11-14. Parking can be tougher there with guests going to the HH sometimes parking in those spaces. Every villa at OKW is pretty close to the bus stops. Sometimes you might be close to two of them. And you are only about ten minutes from the HH anywhere.

But two months out may be difficult many times of the year. What times do you usually visit?

OKW has near Hospitality House area and all the rest. NHH area is Bldg 11-14 and 23-26. But as a long time OKW owner, I'd prefer not to be in 11-14. Parking can be tougher there with guests going to the HH sometimes parking in those spaces. Every villa at OKW is pretty close to the bus stops. Sometimes you might be close to two of them. And you are only about ten minutes from the HH anywhere.

But two months out may be difficult many times of the year. What times do you usually visit?

Thanks for the information!

We like to take a spring visit during Flower and Garden (we avoid spring break timeframes ), a summer trip the end of July for our anniversary, late fall (end of October or end of November) and sometimes a couple days to look at Christmas decorations! This year our spring and fall trips sandwiched a cruise. I understand last minute fall trips are hard to book, but we only need a couple of days then. We are also pretty flexible and mostly stay weekdays otherwise.

Would it be next to impossible to book 1 day before and 2 days after a cruise 6 - 8 weeks out? I've accepted it will be OKW and SSR. Just 2 of us so we don't need anything over a 1 BR.

As far as room requests go, I won't pick any and roll the dice! We booked a discounted resort room directly from Disney if that makes any difference on location.

Liz

Thanks for the information!

We like to take a spring visit during Flower and Garden (we avoid spring break timeframes ), a summer trip the end of July for our anniversary, late fall (end of October or end of November) and sometimes a couple days to look at Christmas decorations! This year our spring and fall trips sandwiched a cruise. I understand last minute fall trips are hard to book, but we only need a couple of days then. We are also pretty flexible and mostly stay weekdays otherwise.

Would it be next to impossible to book 1 day before and 2 days after a cruise 6 - 8 weeks out? I've accepted it will be OKW and SSR. Just 2 of us so we don't need anything over a 1 BR.

As far as room requests go, I won't pick any and roll the dice! We booked a discounted resort room directly from Disney if that makes any difference on location.

Liz
End of Oct and end of Nov may need ten months out to get anything. Those are extremely busy times for DVC, even OKW and SSR. With a cruise, it depends when you are going. Remember that late Sept through the Marathon in January, plus any other race weekends need at a very minimum of seven months out. One bedrooms will be easier to book than studios. One night will be easier than several (like three or more). You might be moving every night if you try to book only a mon or two out.

End of Oct and end of Nov may need ten months out to get anything. Those are extremely busy times for DVC, even OKW and SSR. With a cruise, it depends when you are going. Remember that late Sept through the Marathon in January, plus any other race weekends need at a very minimum of seven months out. One bedrooms will be easier to book than studios. One night will be easier than several (like three or more). You might be moving every night if you try to book only a mon or two out.

Thank you again for the insight! If you have any other thoughts or suggestions, please share! While we've been looking at this for a couple of years, we are by no means experts! Except we love Disney pixiedust:

DH isn't adverse to split stays but I can envision an emphatic "NOOO" on moving every night! Hopefully that is where our flexibility will come into play. His work schedule has been known to cause vacation panic when we've tried planning too far out. Summer is our shortest notice trips mainly because we are in a hurricane vulnerable area and traveling to another one in Orlando! If we need to plan out further, then we can adapt. Do you need to plan 7 months or further just in the fall and Holidays or most other times as well? I understand Marathon weekends only too well (as we were just there!) but I plan on running next November. I'll make that reservation as soon as I have points available since I doubt I'll have them at the 11 mark.

We are meeting with DVC to see their pony and cart show :) DH really wants a monorail home resort and yes I've explained it doesn't matter unless we book before 7 months out! I'm curious what their offers will be on Poly. I'm expecting when he sees the $$ difference we'll be in SSR.

Thanks again and please feel free to share anything else. Let me know if this is the wrong place too! It's my first visit to this section ;) I would love your thoughts on a particular Use Year month. I would envision any cancellations would be in summer due to weather happenings.

Liz

Very roughly, how long of a bus ride is it from OKW to Hollywood Studios/Epcot/Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom? I realize this could vary greatly, I'm just looking for a ballpark amount of time.
Thanks!

We will be arriving before check-in time (4:00). I have completed the online check-in. We will be having a car bring us from the airport to OKW. Can anyone tell me where we need to go specifically at OKW?
Any details about how online check-in works would be appreciated too. How do we find out where our room is?

The guard at the entrance to OKW will direct your driver to the checkin location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!