OKW - Less trees=Bad views?

donald...really

<font color=cc0099>Gotta watch out for closed mind
I like to be isolated from the outside world while staying at a DVC resort. I have noticed while driving past OKW since the hurricanes last fall, many trees that seperated the resort from the busy roads are gone. You can now see the resort clearly from the road. I have stayed at OKW since the hurricanes, but had a room overlooking the interior of the resort. For anyone who has stayed at OKW recently and had a room overlooking the roads, do those rooms now have bad views? Does the traffic and noise from the roads outside the resort detract from the relaxed atmosphere that OKW is well known for?

We stayed all the way in the back, near the DVC Lighthouse sign at 536 interection, could see a little through the trees, some noise, but not enough to effect the stay.

During our October visit I remarked that buildings 19, 20, 21, and 22 were now clearly visible from the highway. I was told that it was not from fallen trees but that the lower brush had been thined.

We stayed in Bldg 38 Last November, on a wing that faced Bonnet Creek Parkway. The View was DEFINITELY dimished by the hurricanes (Not to mention someone was out there at 5:30 AM with a Chainsaw!)

There was no noise in the room, but we definitely didn't spend the time on the balcony we would have if we had had a better view. DH called and asked to be moved, but they couldn't do it until the next day. Since we were there for only two days before moving to BWV, we decided to skip it.

I'm hoping we'll have better luck when we go next week.

gosh - i hope it's a little better soon!!! i love the privacy from reality that you can get there.

Don't worry, in about 20 years or so most of the trees will be back, barring another hurricane that is! LOL We stayed at OKW in October. We were in an interior unit but I noticed the same thing the OP saw. So sad :sad2:

I noticed the same thing when I was down there in Jan. You could see too much of the resort from the road now. Like one said, in 20 years or so the trees will grow back.

depends - this is the South - there are trees here that grow much, much faster - in 5 years they are big enough to block just about everything. - these are not nice trees and I think that WDW pulls these fast growers up - but this might be a good test.

there are trees that are basically weeds.....

We were there in October and still thought the resort looked beautiful and peaceful we really enjoyed our stay!!! Hope you do as well!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter