OKW GV Views and building requests?

Kabuli1

DIS Veteran
Hi there! I'm so excited about our upcomig trip to OKW 9/29-10/6! We were going to be a huge group - So I waitlisted a GV and got it about a week later! We're only 6 people, myself, my three adult kids and a DDIL and DSO. Anyway - my first trip to home in almost 4 years! WOW

The question is: Are there any GVs that are better than others in terms of view, location, upkeep or anything ike that? Should I make any requests? I feel silly asking an OKW question since I've been a member since almost the beginning - 1994. First time in a GV and I think the six of us are going to rattle around in there.

We may give up the last night 10/05 because of the points and take two Boardwalk View Studios at BWV (already reserved.) Anybody interested?

And how do I get that OKW pic in my sig??? I'd love to have one there.

Oh and, BTW, the BEST thing I got out of my divorce (besides the love and respect of my kids) was DVC - he didn't even want them! LOL I sold my points at BCV paid some bills and OKW is MINE!!! All MINE!!! :cool1:

Karyn

First of all, congratulations! Both on securing the GV, and in getting "custody" of the BEST DVC resort points!;)

I don't think there is really any bad GV location, although, we have only stayed in 3 of them, I liked all three. With six people, you will have PLENTY of room! Your biggest problem will be determining who gets the master suite! Each couple will have a bedroom to themselves, and you will have FOUR bathrooms, so you can have 2 cooking breakfast and 4 showering at the same time if need be. I LOVE the living room of the GVs at OKW! I especially like the wicker game set in there. I'd love to have one like it at home. I also think the hall bathroom on the first level is one of the cutest decorated bathrooms in all of DVC. The only thing I'm not thrilled about in a GV is the arrangement of the kitchen. The sink is stuck up too close to the corner near the stove, and it makes moving around in there an issue if more than one cook is in the kitchen at a time. We seemed to always have too many "butts" in there at once!

I can't answer any of your questions..but just to say, I am staying in a GV in Jan 2008...YAHOO!!! :cool1:

I hope someone out there can answer your questions, because I have the same ones!!!

popcorn::

I can't give you first hand experience yet....but I can tell you what I requested for September.

After doing some reasearch, my choices were building #43, 16 & 53.
All are close to a pool, and are not right on a bus turnaround. I probably would have put building #25 on my list, but at the time it was as smoking optional building.

Not much help, but I am sure I will just be happy to have a grand villa!

If you do not have a handicapped individual in your party, the only request I would make is for NON-handicapped accessible. There are only two HA units at OKW, but some have gotten them when they didn't need them. We really liked building 15 a lot. It is equal distance to a quiet pool and the main pool, and you get a choice of Miller's Road or Hospitality House for bus stops. Building 16 would be the same, and probably has some of the best views at OKW. We liked building 51 too. When we were in 21, it seemed a long ways to the bus stop and pool.

We were in Building 16 GV Jan of this year. A few issues with blown out light bulbs, coffee pot did not work, severely scratched wood floor in living room and perhaps the worst "golf view" there. Had to bend way down to see any golfers because of the trees. However, it was walking distance to the Hospitality House which was nice.

We were in a GV at OKW for one night several years ago. Our unit was HA, in building 62 or 63, which is the first building you see when you pass the guardhouse. It was very convenient to the HH (just across the street). It overlooked the golf course. We did hear the buses some, but still thought it was a nice location.

We were in building 25. Loved everything about it. Seems the guests before us had a party or something. They had a brigade of mousekeepers in there for hours. When we walked in at 4, the home smelled of cleaning stuff.:banana:

Loved, loved, loved the villa. We could sit out on th porch and watch the high fireworks. We were right across from the HH, the big pool, next to the bus. It was great....Could watch them shaping the lawn. See a few golfers.

The rooms were so large and nicely appointed. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Just loved OKW.

We had a large group with 1 GV and 5 studios in building 49. Everyone loved the location. We were close to a pool, and a bus stop and we were at the end of the road with a golf course view. It was great!!

Great thread as we will be there at the end of the summer!

Diane, I have a couple of questions about things you posted. First, what is the wicker game set? (I'm thinking checkers or something, that would be fun for the kids!)

Also, if we ended up with the HA GV what is it like? I'm guessing it's just the first floor bathrooms that are HA, nothing upstairs?

Thanks!!:cool1:

We were in a GV at OKW for one night several years ago. Our unit was HA, in building 62 or 63, which is the first building you see when you pass the guardhouse. It was very convenient to the HH (just across the street). It overlooked the golf course. We did hear the buses some, but still thought it was a nice location.

That's building 63.

Great thread as we will be there at the end of the summer!

Diane, I have a couple of questions about things you posted. First, what is the wicker game set? (I'm thinking checkers or something, that would be fun for the kids!)

Also, if we ended up with the HA GV what is it like? I'm guessing it's just the first floor bathrooms that are HA, nothing upstairs?

Thanks!!:cool1:

There is a wicker table with 4 wicker chairs (one a rocker) in the living room that is meant to be a game table. We have usually used it for dining as well to keep the main table from being too crowded.

The HA GV will have a roll in shower in the master bedroom.

Another vote for bldg 49. It was quiet and peaceful. No bus noise. Not too long a walk to the bus stop. We didn't go to the pools -too cold in November. And we could see our favorite golfers (DH and DNephew) as they played whatever hole # is right at the balcony.:woohoo: :woohoo:

BTW, we had 7 adults and a 15 month-old and had plenty of room. So six adults will feel like you are in heaven.

Staying in a GV is a special experience. Enjoy!

gosh, I am soooo excited reading this! How am I ever going to wait 7 months?????

:goodvibes

Yes, you will have plenty of space with 6 in a GV. We have stayed in a GV twice now. And both times we only had 6 too. We are really big on no one sleeping in the livingroom and no couples sharing rooms with other couples. Yikes! I really liked this last villa. It was in building 49, which is probably the furthest building from HH. It was very secluded and it seemed that we were the only ones in the entire building. We had no problm walking to the HH and back. But you can jump on the bus and normally the HH was the next stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter