OKW Check in question

cgmac121

Earning My Ears
We will be checking into our 2 bedroom villa at OKW on July 6th. We are staying off property on the 5th, as we will arrive in the evening. I would like to have our party of 8 at MK before rope drop around 8:15-8:30am. Do we just go to OKW bright and early around 7ish to check in and leave our car before hopping a bus to the MK? I realize we will not have access to our room that early, we are planning to leave our bags with bell services and return to the resort mid afternoon for a park break during the heat of the day and to get settled in.

If this is the appropriate step to take, will I be able to find out our room assignment early in the morning? Perhaps even be able to go ahead and park our vehicle in front of what will be our building? We are a cash reservation booked directly thru WDW and I have requested one of the elevator buildings due to a medical need for my mom. I called the reservation line with this request so I am not certain if I need to call a different number to make sure that request is in fact noted. I am slightly concerned we won't get our request. I asked for elevator building but upper floor with water view and non HCA room. I know this is really specific but I figured all you can do is ask right?

Thanks in advance for input!

Crystal

You can check in early and ask for the building number to park your car. At check in verify if your requests were met.

:earsboy: Bill

You can leave your car at the resort and take the bus.
You will not get your room number until you get a text with the number when the room is ready.

Thanks for the responses. Am I correct that it is better to check in in person rather than online in the event that I am not happy with our building assignment?

If you requested an elevator building, you have little choice in building assignment, it will have to be 62, 63 or 64. You other option if you can't do stairs is a ground floor unit. I would check-in in the morning and be sure your request was noted, but remember, it is still a request and not a guarantee. It depends upon whether a room will become available on one of those buildings on your check-in day. DVC Properties operate at near capacity year round, and since it isn't like a cruise, where every guest arrives and leaves at the same time, there is just no way to guarantee it.

Was the reservation phone number the appropriate number to call and make the request at? I apologize if this has been asked before.

We are doing something similar, staying off site for 1st 4 nights. We are hoping to check-in at OKW about 9am to pick up our Magic Bands (from UK so they aren't posted to us), then spending day at Typhoon Lagoon. We were hoping we could leave our bags in storage at OKW and take car to TL, I'm sure this will be OK,but my question is; will they be able to store a few refrigerated items if need be? Not thinking much more than milk and orange juice. I've read you can have shopping delivered and they can store in fridge/freezer.

We were at WDW in May staying at AKV. Shorly before going we were sent an email about a new check in procedure. If you do online check in, provide a number when doing so for a text message to tell you when room is ready, get your magic bands in advance, attach tickets in your MDE account,set up the bands for room charging if desired by providing a pin number in your MDE account, then you no longer have to check in at the front desk at all; the day you arrive, they just send you a text message with room number when room is ready and then you can just go directly to your room; you can use the magic bands on that day before then for park entry and charging. If you have a car, you get the parking pass for your car from the security guard where you enter the resort. I am assuming this is applicable now at all Disney resorts but I did not confirm for others. During our entire trip, we never needed to go to the front desk at all.

If you want to store luggage and refrigerated items, you can do at the front desk area. If you don't have magic bands, you do need to check in at the front desk.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter