OKW Buses - According to Unofficial Guide

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ldbillings, Mar 13, 2013.

1. ldbillings

ldbillings Earning My Ears

We are planning our first family trip in November of 2013. A family member is reading The Unofficial Guide for 2013 and is telling me that it says that buses at Old Key West only run in the afternoons? I think she must be misreading something.

Can an experienced Old-Key-Wester chime in here about bus transportation at OKW?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessCasey27

PrincessCasey27 Earning My Ears

I've stayed at Old Key West my entire life and I've never seen or heard of buses only running in the afternoon. You can definitely get a bus at any time during the day

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The buses are great at OKW. They run from before park opening to after park closing.

5. ldbillings

ldbillings Earning My Ears

Thanks, everyone - I knew that couldn't be true!!!

I can't wait for our trip in November! :)

6. panixx

panixx Dis Dad Member #642

We were just there this past October and they definitely ran all day.

7. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

The bus service at OKW was, by far, better than at any of the other resorts we've stayed at (YC, Poly, GF, and WL). I don't think we waited more than 5 - 10 minutes for a bus when we stayed there. When leaving the parks, I have also noticed that there were usually 2 - 3 buses going to OKW for every 1 bus headed to the other resorts.

8. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I think this has been posted before, she is misreading it. I don't have a copy but I think it says that busses run every half hour during the afternoon, instead of the usual 15 or 20 min.

9. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

they also say that SSR had the best bus service.

Now love all the DVC resorts - but SSR has never beaten POP century in bus service.

with that say during the food/wine festival stayed at OKW and it was great - about every 10 minutes an Epcot bus came by.