OKW Beds?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by colleen costello, Feb 11, 2003.

1. colleen costello

colleen costello <font color=FF99FF>Is in a "just back from OKW and

HI everyone. We will be a party of 6 at OKW in a few weeks, and we are trying to figure out who will sleep where. I am getting conflicting reports on the bed situation. Passporter says the bed in the master bedroom is a queen; WDWIG says it is a king. I can't tell from photos. Can anyone remember?

Also, is the sofa sleeper a queen-size? Chances are the kids will need time apart some nights and I will wind up on the sofabed with my daughter.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

The master bedroom contains a king size bed, the sleeper in the living room is a queen size, and the second bedroom contains two queen sized beds. :)

4. colleen costello

Thanks, Carol Ann, for your prompt reply. I thought the beds were big -- your answer is what I was hoping to hear. My Mom (who is named, coincidentally, Carol Ann!) is a fussy sleeper and gets up a lot at night. Lots of sleeping options will mean happier campers on this trip. :)

5. Bexx

Bexx DIS Veteran

As a Brit, I would be very interested to know the actual measurements of your various bed sizes?

Thanks

6. bres@westernMA

bres@westernMA Mouseketeer

Hi Bexx

My belief is that a queen is 65 inches across, while a king is 80 inches. This is just my guess as I am not into furniture.

7. CarolAnnC

CarolAnnC <font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin

twin = 39 x 75

full = 54 x 75

queen = 60 x 80

king = 76 x 80

I will double check on the king width when I get back to work. I do work in the furniture industry, lol. :)

BTW, anything termed "California" King is an extra long king. Not available at the DVC Resorts, however.

8. lizziepooh

lizziepooh DIS Veteran

When we were there in January, we didn't think the sofa bed was very comfortable for adults. Just our opinion. Maybe some of the newer sofa beds are more comfortable.

9. colleen costello

Lizziepooh, I agree with you. Although Disney's sofabeds are good ones, NO sofabed is really very comfy. Thank goodness I am so exhausted after a Disney Day that I could probably sleep on the floor. At least the queen size ones have a bit more room. Last summer at BCV I was on the (fullsize) sofabed with my daughter. Thank goodness she is tiny because it was tight! After a few nights at BCV we headed over to OKW and having 2 big beds was HEAVEN!

10. Bexx

Bexx DIS Veteran

Tell me about it!! Your full size beds are the norm over here, and they are awful. I can only sleep well in what we call a king, which is the same size as your queen. So your King size sounds absolutely wonderful. :D Thanks very much for the info.

11. GAIL HAYDEN

GAIL HAYDEN DVC Member since '92

I love that one!!!! 72x84. Finding sheets for them can be a bit of a hassle, however.

12. Cris

Cris <font color=red>DVC member<br><font color=green>Co

you will lose your spouse in the king bed LOL!!!

13. Bexx

Bexx DIS Veteran

That king bed is sounding better and better. :teeth: