OKAY, WHICH IS the "VERY" BEST RESORT AT DISNEY...................

disneykindofgal

Earning My Ears
Booking reservations today even though I've read bad reviews here and there, my family and I want to enjoy DISNEY! I just refuse to NOT go to Disney based on other people's BAD REVIEWS. It is always nice to get opinions of GOOD REVIEWS but when you hear the bad ones, they kinda stick in your head but I'm just wanting "THE" best Disney experience for our famiy as this is the 1st trip to Disney with our 2 kids so it is very special. What is the July promotion thing everyone is talking about????

Thanks! princess:

*LOL* You're going to get a different answer from every person on the DIS! What's "best" to/for me may not be to/for you! ;)

You need to figure out what your budget is, what area most appeals to you (MK, Epcot, etc), and who is traveling.

Narrow it down a bit, and I think you'll get better help!

I don't understand your question. There's so many factors: how much can you spend? at which theme parks are you spending most of your time? Will you spend a lot of time back at your chosen resort?

Do a little research and we'll be glad to help out.

For my money a Savannah view room at AKL.

That said, that may not be right at ALL for your family.

Budget, hotel likes/dislikes etc.... As the others have said you need to provide more info.

If money were no object, I'd say Grand Floridian is the best resort in the MK area and Yacht Club is the best resort in the Epcot area. For what I can afford, the best resort is the Dolphin, which is next to the Yacht Club. Really I think all of the Deluxe resorts are very nice, and I've never stayed at a moderate or value.

For me it's between the Poly and YC/BC. Right now the Poly is winning only by a nose.

Uncle Albert

disneykindofgal:

There is a room only promo good until the end of July.
I believe the pay for 5 nights and get 7 is still on also, which includes room and tickets. These discounts can be found on the disney website. www.disneyworld.com click on resorts and tickets and then specials.

If you are a AAA member they get a discount on the rooms also.

In my opinion the best resort with kids is the Polynesian, Grand Floridian or Contemporary monorail resorts are great with kids. The Polynesian is my favorite.

Lyn

I think the best may have a lot do do with the atmosphere that you want to spend your vacation in. Do read these boards. There is sooo much good info from others. It's very helpful.

The VERY best resort at Disney is the Grand Floridian
it is my favorite place to stay, anway

Second, is the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Third is the Boardwalk Inn

Depending on which park you want to be closest to, and based on what I thought the best resorts were from our stays, GF is my favorite monorail resort (near MK), Boardwalk is my favorite Epcot resort, and the Animal Kingdom Lodge is my favorite AK resort (ok, its the only one but its a wonderful place)

If you truly want a spectacular hotel Animal Kingdom Lodge is very unique and I coudn't imagine anyone not liking it there

Grand Floridian is very expensive and for some people they think its too stuffy, but it is my personal favorite

Picking the "best" resort means what is "best" for you and the experience you are looking for. Like others have posted above you need to give us what you are looking for in your WDW experience before we can offer our advice to best help you. What parks do you plan to spend the most time in? How much time do you plan to spend at your resort, the pool, eating? What area your kids ages? What sort of budget are you on? How much time do you have for your vacation?

We LOVE Beach Club- will not stay anywhere else in the "world" now since we have stayed here - the pool is great for small kids- has a sandy bottom, 2-3 ft deep in kiddy area, has lifeguard, etc.... definetely the best pool I have seen in disney resorts!

Also, it is within walking distance of Epcot and Boardwalk (which we love at night) and also MGM- don't need to drive or take transportation- very convenient.

The resort has GREAT amenities including room service, nice atmosphere, health club and also a child care center so we can have a night to ourselves-

Overall, we feel the epcot resort area is a great place to stay- central and we can also take monorail from epcot to magic kingdom!

We have been spoiled by this resort- it's worth it!

Originally posted by lynr
disneykindofgal:

There is a room only promo good until the end of July.
I believe the pay for 5 nights and get 7 is still on also, which includes room and tickets. These discounts can be found on the disney website. www.disneyworld.com click on resorts and tickets and then specials.

If you are a AAA member they get a discount on the rooms also.

In my opinion the best resort with kids is the Polynesian, Grand Floridian or Contemporary monorail resorts are great with kids. The Polynesian is my favorite.

Lyn

The promo goes till November 18th. I just got the last day, I am going the 11th till the 18th, nice to get two nights free, I just had to pay a little extra because I am staying concierge but heck, 7 nights at BWI concierge is like going to heaven for a bit.

It really depends on what you want to do.

We love Epcot at night - so we stay in the Boardwalk, YC and BC area. Our home base for DVC is OKW - but we really like the convience of these two hotels. Plus - my mother is disabled and she is not too keen about getting on the bus with her wheelchair. So these resorts - are also great for her.

Originally posted by disneykindofgal
Booking reservations today even though I've read bad reviews here and there, my family and I want to enjoy DISNEY! I just refuse to NOT go to Disney based on other people's BAD REVIEWS. It is always nice to get opinions of GOOD REVIEWS but when you hear the bad ones, they kinda stick in your head but I'm just wanting "THE" best Disney experience for our famiy as this is the 1st trip to Disney with our 2 kids so it is very special. What is the July promotion thing everyone is talking about????

Thanks! princess:

Why the Wilderness Lodge...of Course!
You get the most for your money! It is the least expensive deluxe resort with great amenities, great restaurants, easy access to MK and an unforgetable atmosphere!

I'd say the Poly! I haven't been there in sooooo long and I miss it so much! The atmosphere, the food, the view (It's definitely worth it to pay for lagoon view - you may be able to see the castle!), the pool, the location. It's so great to be just minutes away from not only MK but also the GF and CR for dining options. I'm getting ready to start planning a 2006 trip to the Poly. (Shhhhhhh! I think DH might have me committed if he knew!)

You'll have a great time no matter where you stay. I can't remember if this is your first trip or not, but if it is you might want to choose a moderate. DH and I went for our 1st anniversary - his first trip - and spent no time in the room except to sleep and shower. We stayed at CBR and were very happy there. I think we would have felt like we were wasting money at a deluxe because we wouldn't really have taken advantage of all the amenities.

Oh - AKL is fabulous too!

Sorry - I don't think I'm being much help!

Since staying at Poly concierge, I am now the Poly's Number One Fan!! It is a beautiful and relaxing resort.

Ann:earsgirl:

For a moderate priced resort, I love POR. We stay there every year even though we have more money for vacation than we did the first time we went. The ground are so peaceful and we love the boat to downtown disney. I will stay there again and again!!

for my wife and I the answer would be hands down Polynesian Concierge (headed back in a few weeks) but that being said that is the perfect resort for us, but may not be for you. The atmosphere and mood fits us perfectly, and just walking onto the grounds at the Polynesian makes us relax completely.

To answer that question for you first you need to ask the obvious questions - what can you spend ? what do you want to do ? what type of theme do you enjoy ?

We like the services and options provided by the delux resorts and truely love being on the monorail, but we know that definately comes at a price.

Good luck with you search, and the good news is all af the resorts are the perfect resort for those who love them ! :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter