Okay...so, humor me...please??!!!

I am a newbie too, so just listing as I desire to stay based on all the research I have done from you wonderful people and the help of Disney websites.

SSR - #1
BCV/BWV - #2 and #3 (I love the location on these)
VWL - #4
OKW - #5

1. Ssr
2. Okw
3. Bwv
4. Bcv
5. Vwl

Okay, here are my choices as of today...I cannot say I have an absolute favorite:

1. VWL
2. SSR
3. BWV
4. BCV
5. OKW

#1 SSR
#2 BCV
#3 VWL
#4 OKW
#5 BWV ( I disliked that place)

Okay, here's another update. BTW, on that last post, not only did I make a mistake on SSR, but also on OKW. I have updated that post to show the corrected values.

Here's another update:

Total votes: 41

Here's the results:

1) BCV with 134 points (21.79% of available points)
2) OKW with 129 points (20.98% of available points)
3) BWV with 124.5 points (20.24% of available points)
4) SSR with 117 points (19.02% of available points)
5) VWL with 108.5 points (17.64% of available points)

Now, if we look at the percentage of people listing each resort as their first choice:

1) BCV - 11 people (26.83%) for a resort that is 10% of the available rooms
2) OKW -10 people (24.39%) for a resort that is 25.5% of the available rooms
3) SSR - 10 people (24.39%) for a resort that is 39% of the available rooms
4) BWV - 7 people (17.07%) for a resort that is 18.4% of the available rooms
5) VWL - 4 people (9.76%) for a resort that is 6.5% of the available rooms

I will keep tallying as long as people post. I'll do it once more before I go to bed.

:wave:

Beca

boatboatboat said:
you got this # thing down.

I could use your help in the $ per pt rent thread.

:lmao:

I think EVERY owner could use a little help over there!!!

:wave:

Beca

#1 OKW
#2 SSR
#3 BCV
#4 BWV
#5 VWL

And I own at all of them if that makes any difference.

Actually, you are skewing your results by using the maximum percentage for SSR- which is not even completely built yet and is not sold out. the percentage owned at this time is nowhere near 40% - probably closer to 20% right now.

At this time SSR has 552 villas completed and not all are even in the DVC inventory. The 828 you are using will include the 6 buildings still under construction (due to open in 2007) - let alone purchased for membership.

The numbers will also change when you use the maximum villas available at each resort, since each has a variance based on the number of lock-offs and how those are reserved thru DVC.

In addition, the owners at VB and HH do play a role since points are used at those resorts by non-owners and those owners also stay at the onsite resorts. The percentages are not very easy to use in this manner since there are so many permutations based on how the resorts are actually used by members- and even that varies from day-to-day.

#1 BCV
#2 VWL (our home)
#3 BWV (but we haven't stayed here yet, however like the location and theming.)
#4 SSR
#5 OKW.

However as I had said before I love all DVC resorts and even getting in our last choice is a good trip. :goodvibes

Oh and we love VB, but agree that it is apples to oranges to compare with on proprty resorts.

I suddenly feel like I am back in high school again.... anyway..

#1 VWL
#2 BCV
#3 OKW

We are staying at BWV next month and don't have plans to stay at SSR in the near future, but someday so we could not vote for them.

Granny came to me in a dream and asked me to tell Beca that he voted VWL #1 also :rotfl2: .

1. BWV- Like atmosphere and Boardwalk
2.BCV - Pool and Beaches and Cream
3. SSR - Home resort and close to DTD = SHOPPING!!!!
4. OKW - Big rooms but very far away
5. VWL - Nice themeing and resturants but find the resort dark... not a woodsy kind of person. (Plus this is the only reosrt we have not stayed at yet... maybe I can be won over oneday :teeth: )

WebmasterDoc said:
Actually, you are skewing your results by using the maximum percentage for SSR- which is not even completely built yet and is not sold out. the percentage owned at this time is nowhere near 40% - probably closer to 20% right now.

At this time SSR has 552 villas completed and not all are even in the DVC inventory. The 828 you are using will include the 6 buildings still under construction (due to open in 2007) - let alone purchased for membership.

The numbers will also change when you use the maximum villas available at each resort, since each has a variance based on the number of lock-offs and how those are reserved thru DVC.

In addition, the owners at VB and HH do play a role since points are used at those resorts by non-owners and those owners also stay at the onsite resorts. The percentages are not very easy to use in this manner since there are so many permutations based on how the resorts are actually used by members- and even that varies from day-to-day.

Good points!!!

I don't want to include VB and HH for reasons I explained above.

However...I think I should do some "adjustments" on the SSR numbers. But, now the question becomes how? I will accept your number of 552 villas. I don't think we should drop that number any lower because DVC sells villas which are not completed, and adds people to the system (those are the "can't close until" people at SSR...they're owners..they often post here, but they cannot take a trip "home" until their unit is completed).

I've got to get dinner for my dd. I will "re-work" the numbers based on SSR being "currently" only 552 units. If anyone objects to this number, please post and we can "duke it out". ;)

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter