Okay, Okay, I know we want AKL --- But, which room?

Which AKL Room?

• 2 Standard View

• 2 Water/Pool View

• Deluxe Savanna View Bunkbed

• Concierge Room

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
AKL here we come! I know that much! It's time we try the resort, it looks great. We're going to be there for three nights, and don't plan on spending a whole lot of time in the room, since there will be so much to do (between seeing the entire resort, AND seeing some of the world!). We will need one of the following room options:
  • Two Standard Rooms
  • Two Pool View Rooms
  • Deluxe Savanna View - Bunkbed Room
  • Concierge Room

My concern with the concierge room is that we won't be around the resort often enough to take advantage of the concierge service. And, we'd most likely be on the 5th floor, and since the lounge won't be right outside our room, we won't get much use out of the service.

So, what should we do?

How many people in your party and what are the ages of the children?

I would say 2 standard rooms or concierge.

You have a good chance at being upgraded if you take the standard rooms. It is not guaranteed but it could happen.

If you were going to book the deluxe savannah view then I would spend a little more and just go with concierge. Most of the concierge room are deluxe savannah view rooms anyway.

Is your sister going with you guys? Or is it just you and your parents?

I think I'd do the deluxe savannah view. Because isn't that a bigger room with a loveseat added???

Yeah - the deluxe savanna view has a queen, bunkbeds, and a daybed. Same bedding as the concierge room. :)

Ok, then I vote for deluxe savannah. I really don't see a point in staying at the AKL if you can't see the animals all the time from your room. And it doesn't sound like you'd really get any use out of concierge. ;)

Now you have to vote on my poll and help me!!!! :earsgirl:

I'd either go with Deluxe sav. or concierge and beg for a sav. view. I don't think I would ever push my luck and reserve a non sav. room, hoping for an upgrade, unless that is my only option due to the resort being filled. You MUST have a sav. view room! Enjoy your stay!

Debbie

<p><font face="Comic Sans MS" color="#CC0066" size="3">If you're not going to be in the room much, why spend the extra $$$?  We had a Savannah view because it was offered as part of a Florida Resident promotion.  We left the room each morning by 8:30 and got back after dark, so in two days we saw a lot of birds, but only two giraffes and two antelope-type animals...and only briefly.    You can see the Savannah from other places in the hotel so I'd spend the money on more fun stuff.</font></p>
:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter