OK You Oldtimers....

ILUVDXL

<font color=teal>What makes you think there is onl
We were watching the progress of tropical storm Fabian last night when my husband said, "Can you think of one song Fabian sang?" We sat and sat and couldn't come up with one. Alzhiemers (sp?) is setting in I guess. Anyone have an answer?

to forget..........

TURN ME LOOSE was my favorite.......oh be still my heart........we went to NH this past weekend and some people that were at this picnic we were invited to had attended this religious festival that they have each year.......last year it was Neil Sedaka and this year was Frankie Vallie......MY heart did a pitter patter then I saw the photo.......we are old......he was so old looking....... broke my heart

ok going to show my age big time, but as a pre- teen and in my teen years , had such a crush on him ....some of his songs

I'm In Love",Lily Lou" , ( which didn't do very well)
I'm a Man"
"Turn Me Loose" (one of my fav's)
"Tiger", "Hound Dog Man"

Pumba, way to many years ago when I was in my early 20's my then boyfriend took me to see Frankie Vallie and The Four Season the Boston's Symphony Hall. They were all so young then.

Hi mousefan, how's our cruise coming? Thanks for the answers. DH will think I suddenly got brilliant.

Years ago I lived in Las Vegas and a friends Mom and Aunt took us to see Fabian and some other 'oldies' singers, I was 14. I walked up to the stage and asked Fabian if he would sing Turn Me Loose, he said he would sing it at the end of the night if our table would come up and dance with him when he sang it. So at the end of the night, he sang it and we all danced on stage with him. At the end of the night he gave us all kisses and hugs. It was so much fun and such a great memory.

I couldn't until I saw everyone else's answers.;) I remember Turn Me Loose. I remember when Fabian was on Lavern & Shirley one time.:)

The only Turn Me Loose I remember was done by the late 70's early 80's band Loverboy.

Originally posted by browneyes
I remember when Fabian was on Laverne & Shirley one time.:)

LOL! I was going to say the same thing! Sorry folks, but that was the first time I had heard of him then.

See Shannon, we're still kids!!!

His first movie was "Hound Dog Man" where he sang the title tune along with three other songs.
He went on to co-star in "High Time" with Bing Crosby and and "North to Alaska" with John Wayne (both in 1960). but the one I liked the best is when he played Joe in Mr.Hobbs takes a vacation with Jimmy Stewart. (1962)

fabian.jpg

How come no one mentioned

Abraham, Martin, & John.

Abraham, Martin, and John was Dion (of Dion and the Belmonts fame). You might remember his other big hit "Philaround Sue":jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter