OK, time to start planning next trip! Need some help on WHEN to go!

minnieandmickeymouse

DIS Veteran
I am ready to start planning my next trip, but I need to know what month to go. I want to go durning the most slowest time of the year. The past 2 years I have gone in Nov. and that is no longer value season, and no longer slow.

The 2 months I think I can go would be either sometime during the first 2 weeks in Dec. Or in Jan. sometime.

I would like all the input I can get from people who have gone durning these times. How slow is it? What is the weather like? Am I more likely to get some kind of a Code discount during those months? Were there any this year? Are there anytimes in Jan to avoid, like events?

I look forward to any and all input!

Well, I don't have experience with your dates, but I wil tell you that you need to look at when cheerleaders and dancers will be there. Mega Super crowded, worse than June our last trip in February because of UDA dancers. Look carefully at Varsity.com when planning.

If you are not overly concerned about it being really warm, January is a terrific time to go. The crowds are very minimal. I cannot comment on codes, etc, as we have stayed off-site in January.

The only concern about January is the weather. It can be cold and it can be rainy. But it certainly keeps the lines short! Just avoid the very beginning of the month (end of Christmas break for many people) and watch out for the MLK weekend and the Marathon weekend and you should be fine! .........P

January (after holidays) is great -- very low crowds. The weather can get cold, though! We went about 5 years ago during the third week of January. There was a wicked cold snap that kept all of the locals away. (It hit the entire East Coast and left a couple feet back at our house while we were away.) Since we had driven from MD, we had all of our cold weather gear and thought it was great! We saw many folks shivering in sweatshirts, though!

Jan. is prime time for rehabs of rides, so don't be surprised if some rides are down for maintenance. Also, with lower attendance, some of the shows are more sporadic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter