OK, this is getting ridiculous **New update post #45

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by travelbug, Nov 19, 2012.

1. andriade

andriade DIS Veteran

Today I found success! I was able to book and studio and 1br different views but for a consecutive week in JULY! Whoohoo! Finally. Now I can book airfare!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. travelbug

travelbug DIS Veteran

Yay!! Congratulations on getting your booking! Now you can sleep a little later than 5:00 AM each morning, right? ;)

Good luck getting airfare too. I just got ours last night, so there's no turning back now! :)

4. andriade

andriade DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! I am wait listed for a 2 bedroom but at least we all have a place to sleep. It's been so difficult to get even what we have that I am thrilled. I hope I never have to do this again.

5. aclov

aclov DIS Veteran

ALOT of people are frustrated and I think summer months are probably the hardest! I had been looking for 8 nights in a one bedroom for June and was finally able to get 5 in OV one bedroom at least. I was wait listed for the first 3 nights and just canceled it and booked the Marriott on Wakiki Beach. I just wanted to get our room booked! Now if the airfare will just go down grrrr!

6. zeferjen

zeferjen Mother Knows Best

We are going to try to book Aulani for 6 nights starting Aug 21st. Any lessons learned from your frustrating experience?

7. love280mickey

love280mickey Mouseketeer

I think the problem with trying to get Aulani at 7 months has been for the early June period, before the rates go up on June 24. Also maybe because people are limited on view choice, room size, etc based on availability of their points. It seems studios are gone quickly.

I'm not looking for Aulani until 2016 for our 20th anniversary, but this thread had me greatly concerned about availability anytime. I will be looking for a one bedroom, not too worried about view. I will have plenty of points from one year, and will either bank or borrow as needed.

I've been playing around looking at reservations each day, and I've had no problem whatsoever for availability on one bedrooms in garden/pool/or ocean for July dates in 2013. It seems that the std view goes quickly each morning.

My best advice is to have plenty of points available and book online at 8am asap on the first morning you are allowed to make a ressie.

Hoping when I'm ready to book in Nov/Dec of 2015 that there will still be plenty of options. I will also be trying to use a Marriott week which I can book earlier, which will mean I want my Disney week either before or after, and I'll take whatever I can get.

At this point, I'm not very concerned, and as said, I have 3 years to wait anyway.

I was very worried about trying to snag a one bedroom at Grand Californian for a summer, July 4th trip for next year. Got on at 8am right at my 7 month mark and voila - success! Even for arriving July 3 -7. So excited to be going there next summer!