Ok so let me get this straight...

You can even order off the kids menu if you choose. One night there was a bacon potato soup I believe that was on the kids menu that was not on the adults menu. I ordered it and it was THE best soup I had the entire cruise that later on I had wished I ordered 2 :rotfl:

The only time I have ever had issue with ordering food anywhere was when I didn't order ENOUGH at dinner (this has happened on both cruises I have been on... sometimes I am just not feeling it, darn it! Leave me alone!! ;) )

Jesus...im gonna die and go to heaven on that cruise! I could easily eat two apps and two entrees ...

Honey, get prepared, there may be one night you want 3 or more appetizers! A shrimp cocktail will only have a few shrimp, maybe 4, so you would want 2 of those, and then they may have something else tempting. Some nights there may be 4 things you are interested in and then another night only one!

Eat to your hearts content! Portions are small, not like restaurants at home so multiple entrees is not the same. I think one night I got 2 but only ate the meat on the second one, not the sides too. You can do whatever you want. Those servers have seen it all and if they think anything they probably only think "those crazy Americans"! And rightfully so, but they also don't really know how much we pay for these cruises either.

You can eat as much as you want, but please be considerate to the wait staff by ordering what you want and what you think you might want at the beginning when they take your order. It's just more chaos and stress trying to get the kitchen to prepare more dinner entrees when they've already moved on to desserts.

Why should anyone care about this? The wait staffs whole purpose is to serve you. The whole purpose of the cruise is to go and be pampered in an all inclusive atmosphere. It is not the customers job to worry about the stress or chaos the staff is experiencing.
If someone decides they want another appetizer after the main course then they shouldn't worry about asking for it. Knowing what you will like or if the portions are big enough all at the beginning of the meal is impossible and ordering too much because the staff may have to work extra is wasteful. If the kitchen or wait staff can't do it I am sure they will tell you.

Even if you don't order an extra entree or appetizer... you'll probably end up with one or more on your table anyway. The Cast Members are quite proud of their food, and they talk up their favorites.

The last night of our Dream Cruise, we had 12 desserts on our table for 4! :cake::cake::cake::thumbsup2

Also, when I found I adored the salad and pot stickers appetizer from the Pirates night menu, I mentioned kiddingly, that I could just eat those things all night. My waiter took my dinner order, and also returned with entree sized portions of the salad and pot stickers. Mmmmmm.

Why should anyone care about this? The wait staffs whole purpose is to serve you. The whole purpose of the cruise is to go and be pampered in an all inclusive atmosphere. It is not the customers job to worry about the stress or chaos the staff is experiencing.
If someone decides they want another appetizer after the main course then they shouldn't worry about asking for it. Knowing what you will like or if the portions are big enough all at the beginning of the meal is impossible and ordering too much because the staff may have to work extra is wasteful. If the kitchen or wait staff can't do it I am sure they will tell you.

Because there is a certain workflow involved to get that many meals out in the alloted amount of time. They have more people to serve beyond the one table you are seated at. Think about times you have been seated at a restaurant at home and the server has been "double sat." They try to avoid that because service suffers when you have too many people needing the same thing at the same time.

Yes they are there to serve you and they will, but while they are serving someone expecting things out of the normal cycle some elses service is being compromised. It is out of respect to the server and your fellow passengers that it is customary to order all of what you want at the time they give you service.

I would rather waste a little food than cause extra stress to a fellow human being.

As many have said, you can eat till you drop. And if that is what you want to do; go for it. It's fun to try food you have never had before.

The only thing I hope for (flame suit on), don't order more than you can eat. I always see a lot of plates with a ton of food left on them after the guests have left the table.

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Yes you can order what ever you wish...like a "Dream" come true. Just one thing to keep in mind is not to waste too much and ask not to include sides that you don't want to eat. Don't forget kids are watching so you want not to get some of them going about not eating their veggies. Your server will make your plate anyway you wish. Go enjoy and hope you have the best "Virgin" cruise ever.

But it's ok to not finish your dinner. Don't stuff yourself silly when you've reached fullness. I generally only eat 1/2 of what I order. Granted, I don't order more than one dinner item. (I had no idea that I could order 1/2 entrees though, will try that next time).

While we order one of every dessert, I take a bite or two. My husband and kids finish it off.

My husband doesn't eat salad or soup and rarely appetizers, but loves cheese so the first night he asked if he could have a cheese platter and crackers. It took them a little while to come up with it and apologized for the wait. On the second night, the head waiter presented my husband with a cheese platter before he could even order it and he had one every night after that. Also, I loved the dessert sampler every night - just a little portion of 3 desserts and then if one was especially good - I could get a full serving. Also, in the coffee shops you have to pay for the speciality coffee but there are wonderful little chocolate desserts that are free - the server kept trying to get me to take more and I didn't even have to buy a coffee. Enjoy your splurge ! Debbie

[

[

Because there is a certain workflow involved to get that many meals out in the alloted amount of time. They have more people to serve beyond the one table you are seated at. Think about times you have been seated at a restaurant at home and the server has been "double sat." They try to avoid that because service suffers when you have too many people needing the same thing at the same time.

Yes they are there to serve you and they will, but while they are serving someone expecting things out of the normal cycle some elses service is being compromised. It is out of respect to the server and your fellow passengers that it is customary to order all of what you want at the time they give you service.

I would rather waste a little food than cause extra stress to a fellow human being.

Yes.... Seriously! What other purpose do they have on ship? Serving you is their job isn't it? I'm not talking about being rude or treating them as beneath me but I'm not going to worry about when or if I should make any kind of request. It seems there are a lot of unwritten "rules" that people come up with that are based on conjecture. If DCL wants us to do things a certain way then they should have it posted or noted on the menu. If my request is unreasonable then I am sure they will tell me and I will accept that. That is respect.
It is not my job to worry about the service you are receiving. Having enough crew to provide the same level of service to everyone along work flow, crew stress and crew morale is something for DCL to worry about, not the customer. If fulfilling another customer's request affects your service then your issue should be with DCL staffing levels not how others are ordering their dinner

Yes.... Seriously! What other purpose do they have on ship? Serving you is their job isn't it? I'm not talking about being rude or treating them as beneath me but I'm not going to worry about when or if I should make any kind of request. It seems there are a lot of unwritten "rules" that people come up with that are based on conjecture. If DCL wants us to do things a certain way then they should have it posted or noted on the menu. If my request is unreasonable then I am sure they will tell me and I will accept that. That is respect.
It is not my job to worry about the service you are receiving. Having enough crew to provide the same level of service to everyone along work flow, crew stress and crew morale is something for DCL to worry about, not the customer. If fulfilling another customer's request affects your service then your issue should be with DCL staffing levels not how others are ordering their dinner.

...reading your post an old memory popped into my head..." chose ONE item from column A and ONE item from column B. NO SUBSTITUTES!" On the ship it is like the old adverizing "Have it your way.."

Hi Poohdoll :wave2:, Ok so I haven't cruised yet, but I have actually learned a lot, and had a great time, reading peoples trip reports. It's a wonderful way to pass some time and see what people really experience on the ship. Lots of them post lots of pics of the food, and very often talk about ordering (or their servers just giving them) more than one of any course!

Eat to your hearts content, enjoy being pampered and have a great first cruise!! The Dream is exactly that...a DREAM!! Bon Voyage!:cool1:

This is just a suggestion, but get some guidance from the servers on what are the best items on the menu. They have a pretty good record for picking the best food in the kitchen. Unless there is something that I'm really set on having (oddly enough, I love their red cabbage), I almost always go with a recommendation from our server.

Most of all, ENJOY!!

As PPs have mentioned the servers will encourage you to eat more if they don't think you ordered enough lol. One night we didn't order dessert (because we ordered four appetizers) and after several attempts of trying to get us to order they moved on to plan b which was "we can make any of these to- go". You will have a great time! Congrats on your weight loss and consider signing up for some of the free fitness classes to keep you on track. You won't feel as guilty eating that extra piece of cheesecake knowing you burned it off during a fun workout overlooking the ocean.

We call them FOOD PUSHERS. It really gets on my nerves a bit. I don't like them asking me why I don't want to order something and then trying to badger me to order. The servers will tell the head waiter and then here comes more badgering. Gee! ;) ;) Sometimes you're just full. We have skipped dinner before to solve it and then when we show the next night, it's "don't you like us? Are we not doing a good job?" Haha. It's just easier to order and waste.

We call them FOOD PUSHERS. It really gets on my nerves a bit. I don't like them asking me why I don't want to order something and then trying to badger me to order. The servers will tell the head waiter and then here comes more badgering. Gee! ;) ;) Sometimes you're just full. We have skipped dinner before to solve it and then when we show the next night, it's "don't you like us? Are we not doing a good job?" Haha. It's just easier to order and waste.

I agree...you are more likely to be given a hard time when you order too little food than too much food. We thought they were food pushers too. :laughing:

The portions are small but after an appy, salad, and an entree, I really can't eat but a little bit of dessert.

One night we ate at Palo earlier than our normal dining time. It was the last night of the cruise, so instead of going to the show, we went to our table at our regular late dining so we could see everyone one last time. They were still trying to get us to order something to eat. We only stayed for a few minutes because we could tell they just couldn't handle us sitting there not eating even though we were stuffed from Palo. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts