OK... potty training question... rather ucky but I swear it's DCL related

So this may seem like a dumb question..but I am assuming that there are bathrooms located inside the OC and they are "child" size toliets and sinks at their level..right??
This is the first time cruising with our daughter.
Thanks for the help!

So this may seem like a dumb question..but I am assuming that there are bathrooms located inside the OC and they are "child" size toliets and sinks at their level..right??
This is the first time cruising with our daughter.
Thanks for the help!

Yep, the sinks are child sized at the club.
Here are some pics I found from a website (not mine):
http://montserratd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/100_1315.jpg
http://montserratd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/100_1316.jpg

Ok I have a tiny question. My DD will be days shy of her third birthday when we sail... Does anyone think she'll be allowed in? She's in full time preschool and no longer has any accidents there and doesn't has accidents at home so I'm hopeful.

Our DD was allowed in OC at 2.5 because, like yours, she was in school and was 100% potty trained. We did have some "marks" so the cheap underpants idea is great! We just did laundry...

Both my kids went before they were three.
...He did fine, I was nervious.
Ed

^^ THIS ^^ :thumbsup2

I'm so glad to read this. My YDD will be a few weeks shy of 3yrs old when we go in April but she is fully potty trained right now. Glad to hear that she will most likely be able to play in the club with her big sister.

Both my kids went before they were three.

With my son we went back and checked on him a few times. This was 2 years ago, they did not allow pull-ups and he had to pass a test where he went in and tried to use the bathroom and wash up.

He did fine, I was nervious.

Ed
I wondered about the same thing. I found this http://www.amazon.com/Mayfair-10E-0...UTF8&coliid=I1VQL1JOFSPU6C&colid=O6CV2DZS5E9V
on amazon and was thinking of purchasing it for our future vacations.
But I'm not sure if it'll fit the cruise "throne" YKWIM.

Did you ever get this, and did it fit?

Has anyone else ever taken a seat cover that did fit the seats on the ship?

Thanks everyone!
I guess I'm pleasantly surprised that a 3yo could clean themselves decently enough. Then again DD has sometime before she hits 3... a lot could happen by then.

And thanks for the suggestions on clothing and frequent visits, I will definitely do that on our trip when she's 3+.

I had to work on "completely" clean many days with my kids until at they were at least 5 so I think that term might be relative, lol. The good news is that if you get in a pinch they have washing machines and you can always wash underwear. My youngest went to the club right at 3 and he was typically ok but occasionally he would get so involved in an activity he'd wait till the last minute and get a little pee in his underwear. They are pretty understanding and will call you if they need to.

Under 3 is no longer allowed in, unless with a parent during open house.

As far as pottying goes, the boys and girls bathrooms are right across from each other in the club. When we went, only one child was allowed in at a time (not even siblings could go together) and a male CM stood outside the boy bathroom and a female CM outside the girls bathroom. They were there to keep check of each other as well as to monitor only one child at a time in the bathroom. If the little ones came out with pants not all of the way up, they would assist in pulling them up and buttoning, but only in front of the other CM watching. If they could hear that a child didn't wash their hands, they would direct them to the instant hand sanitizer stations.

I think the current question by Cptnkirky is about one specific post:

"I found this http://www.amazon.com/Mayfair-10E-0...UTF8&coliid=I1VQL1JOFSPU6C&colid=O6CV2DZS5E9V
But I'm not sure if it'll fit the cruise "throne" YKWIM."

I think Cptnkirky is wondering:

"Did you ever get this, and did it fit?

Has anyone else ever taken a seat cover that did fit the seats on the ship?"

Honestly, the hole is so much smaller with the ship's toilets we didn't even consider taking DD's potty seat that fit on top of the toilet at home.

Here's a question, are the bathrooms open for adults with their kids on the open house times? We were hoping to take our 3 y.o. daughter in on the first night and show her where the bathrooms were and what they looked like, familiarize her with them so that she would be more likely to use them. She's pretty much 100% daytime trained right now (no accidents in almost two weeks, only two accidents this whole month) but can be hesitant to ask about going to the bathroom when she's not with us.
We are SO working on the wiping right now, you don't even know. Right now plan is to put her in those sort of thicker cotton undies when she's in the club so that if her wiping with #2 isn't so great, it won't get on her pants/shorts/tights.

I don't remember them being open to use during the open house, but you could take your child in to look at them. We did with our 4 year old. They don't have CMs standing outside of them during the open house. With all of the traffic and the main doors stay open, you wouldn't really want to use the actual toilets, not exactly private. But bring your child in to show them for sure :)

Under 3 is no longer allowed in, unless with a parent during open house.

As far as pottying goes, the boys and girls bathrooms are right across from each other in the club. When we went, only one child was allowed in at a time (not even siblings could go together) and a male CM stood outside the boy bathroom and a female CM outside the girls bathroom. They were there to keep check of each other as well as to monitor only one child at a time in the bathroom. If the little ones came out with pants not all of the way up, they would assist in pulling them up and buttoning, but only in front of the other CM watching. If they could hear that a child didn't wash their hands, they would direct them to the instant hand sanitizer stations.

This was exactly our recent experience as well. Only difference the bathrooms were adjacent to one another for boys and girls (but separate) Also the manager reminded me of a "zero tolerance for accidents" and "NO pull ups under any circumstances". (I had been honest and said she is recently trained) Needless to say, I could not really relax at all, while my just turned 3 year old was in the club, though she loved it there... I only left her there for one hour at a time at the most, mainly when they had special programming for preschoolers. We ended up paying for the nursery some evenings and the staff there was phenomenal, and did lots of arts and crafts activities with her, and she loved it there as well.

I think the current question by Cptnkirky is about one specific post:

"I found this http://www.amazon.com/Mayfair-10E-0...UTF8&coliid=I1VQL1JOFSPU6C&colid=O6CV2DZS5E9V
But I'm not sure if it'll fit the cruise "throne" YKWIM."

I think Cptnkirky is wondering:

"Did you ever get this, and did it fit?

Has anyone else ever taken a seat cover that did fit the seats on the ship?"

Thank you, yes this is an old thread and I was looking for info on the potty seats/travel covers. Sorry to cause confusion!

Honestly, the hole is so much smaller with the ship's toilets we didn't even consider taking DD's potty seat that fit on top of the toilet at home.

Thats great to know! I was only bringing seats for our cabin, as my LO only likes to #2 when on a comfy "her size" seat if she can. She will go anytime she needs to but, if a choice she wants comfort. :)

My LO will be 3 on day 3 of our cruise, so it is nice to hear more about the club. We plan to take her with us and get her use to it, then see if she wants to go on her own starting day 3. She is fully PT, day and night and can do all on her own. Wiping #2 might be a little tough, but we can manage with extra undies :D

Thanks all!!!

OK, I have read somewhere on a thread that pull-ups were allowed at late night activities at the OC like Pluto's pajama party where the children are in pajamas. We plan on putting our three year old grandson in pull ups at night to protect bedding in a new, exciting environment which may throw him off potty wise. We have a worry that he will put off going in the club's if he is enjoying himself and have an accident. Will he not be allowed to return? Will we be allowed to check in on him at the clubs ever so often and take him to the bathroom,
or do we have to check him out first? If he is having fun in a different environment than home he frequently says "no, I don't need to go," until he is making a mad dash to the bathroom.

My understanding is that pull-ups ARE allowed on kids at the Club/Lab, with the agreement that the parent(s) will return at regular intervals (not sure if it's every hour?) to check and take him to the restroom. That would require taking him out of the Club to use the public restroom as adults are not allowed into the Club restrooms.

Enjoy your cruise!

So, along these lines, my question is do they make up the beds with a rubber sheet? My niece has an occastional bedwetting incident and I would hate to have it happen on the ship and not protect the mattress.

Has anyone requested one, or just brought their own?
Not that I'm aware of. You should consider bringing your own. Get some of the disposable chux pads that hospital uses. You can get them at medical supplies stores and even pet stores.

Not that I'm aware of. You should consider bringing your own. Get some of the disposable chux pads that hospital uses. You can get them at medical supplies stores and even pet stores.
Since this question was asked over 3 years ago, I'd guess the poster solved their problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts