Ok! Here's another mug question, please dont be mad...

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by luvitmoreachtime, Sep 11, 2004.

1. luvitmoreachtime

luvitmoreachtime Mouseketeer

my question is this, we are staying at the PC one night and the ASMo for 8 days. Would they let us buy the mug at PC and continue to use it at ASMo??? Has anyone heard about the meal vouchers? Are these just a rip off scam?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TINKTWINS

TINKTWINS <font color=CC33FF>Is TIRED of snow!!!!! WDW here

Skip the mug at PC, buy a bottle of something to share and ask for some paper cups, we did this for a one night stay, we bought a 2 liter bottle of coke and shared it at dinner time.

4. jadedNYer

jadedNYer Mouseketeer

My advice is wait until you get ASMo to get a mug. It won't be worthwile for one night at POP unless you want it for souvenier. Short answer - mugs are only good at the resort at which they were purchased.

I can't answer about the vouchers but if you are talking about the ones at AK there are some threads about them and there seems to a consensus that those vouchers are a good deal.

5. luvitmoreachtime

Did you buy the two liter at the food court or at an off-site store and was it crazy high?

6. jarestel

jarestel DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Tough it out for the one night and buy the mugs when you get to ASMo. Why do something you know is not right?

7. mbb

mbb <font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli

at the gift shop for pop/milk, etc.

A 2L of pop may cost...$3...??

Have a great Vacation!!:)

:sunny:

8. Lewski709

Lewski709 <font color=green>I like my asparagus with butter

The vouchers are great if you do your research.

With a Quick and Casual voucher, which are counter service places, (I just bought 3 at hotwiresavings.com for 11.50ea, a free 30 day membership and 10.00 off the first order) you get a non-alcoholic drink, meal, side (if not already in the meal) and dessert.

They are a great bargain if you use them at the Pepper Market or Beaches N Cream, but that's about it. They include tax and gratuity, but usually for counter service....I don't tip anyhow.:rolleyes:

The Vacation Kingdom Lunch (or sit down places) are for a non-alcoholic drink, appetizer, meal and dessert. They run 31.00 per adult and 12.75 per child. Again, they include tax and gratuity.

We bought ONE VK for RFC at AK and two adults and one child (5) ate on it. The lunch and dinner menu are the same, so can be used for either. I don't know about other places. We got a smoothie (5.99 reg), Tsunami Shrimp Cocktail (childs meal and reg 10.99), A Platter with ribs, chicken and shrimp, fries and a veggie (reg 25.99, as I recall) and Banana's Foster for dessert (reg 6.99).

We made out and there was plenty of food. The wait staff was GREAT about helping us pick out the best items to get a lot for our money.

But again, you have to look at menus and compare prices to know what is and isn't a good restaurant to use them at.

They also have Breakfast Certificates for 18.25 adult and 11.00 child. These are NOT worth it anyplace.

9. LisaSt

LisaSt DIS Veteran

No CM's would likeley say anything but the first reply is a good one just get a bottle or go to ASmovies and buy one there when you get to WDW and use it for the night at POP. We have used our Dixie mugs at Coronado when we forgot to bring our Coronado mugs and we have used a Coronado mug at the Contemporary and not one CM ever said anything about it. We actually had the CM's working at the pepper market at Coronado take our Dixie mug we brought over there and fill it for us during our meal.

10. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

11. luvitmoreachtime

Jarestel,
    What do you mean about doing something that is not right? I havent done anything, Im just asking a question.

12. luvitmoreachtime

Im new, I did not realize that the mug was such a hot topic of angst.
    This is crazy. WDW is gettting plenty of money from the tickets, the hotel stays and the food. I think they should GIVE the mugs to resort guests and they should be refillable EVERYWHERE!!!!
    That is my opinion and I stand by it.

Fountain drinks are dirty cheap for WDW and its the cups that cost them the most anyway. They should sell the cups at the park and make the refillable EVERYWHERE for one season.

13. *Fantasia*

*Fantasia* <font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c

:confused: The OP didn't know what is right or wrong. I automatically assumed that he is a newbie and he didn't know and I was right, he is new on this board and he didn't know. Don't assume that everyone that post here on this board knows everything. There are some new comers here and they are here to learn about Disney. You will keep seeing the thread regarding about refill-mugs because not everyone knows how it works and that's why we are here to help them.

14. luvitmoreachtime

FANTASIA,
    Im sorry, did I miss your original remark that you reference?
    I dont see another post from you on this. Im new too so please forgive me. I am so sorry about your husband. That is too sad.

15. skiwee1

skiwee1 DIS Veteran

So now we know what you really think of the mug program! Seriously, no one is twisting your arm to even go Disney so please don't whine about prices. WDW isn't a charity. If you think it is so expensive then why go and get into such a tizzy. Personally I think WDW is a bargain especially when comparing it to other vacation areas. If you don't think you will get your $12 investment then stick with individual cups.

16. luvitmoreachtime

I wasnt whining and I am entitle to my opinion. I asked a question, and from your response, you're the one with issues, not me.
    Thanks for your input but don't go jumping to conclusions about someone based on something you see on a message board.
    Have a great trip.

17. *Fantasia*

*Fantasia* <font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c

Huh?? That is my first reply. What I was saying is that when I saw your number post, it is very low and I just assumed that this is your first time here on the DIS board...and I was right. And...you're here to ask about the refill-mug cause you didn't know about it, that's all.

Anyway...Welcome to the DIS Board!! Enjoy posting away!! :)
    ...and regarding about my husband...Thank you. Just doing the best I know how.

18. Bojangles

Bojangles <font color=teal>PHC member<br><font color=magenta

If it's not a good value for you, then by all means don't purchase one. :D

19. luvitmoreachtime

Maybe if those of you are jumping all over my case would read the entire posting, you would see why the comment was made. I do think they are a good value. I just dont understand why they are so many who are so worked up over them and accuse people of cheating WDW for sharing them or using them over or trying to use them at another resort. This is just unbelievable that people get so worked up over the subject. I just asked a simple question and now i still dont know anymore about what the official position of WDW is on the use and I guess I wont until I get there. Apparently there is a lot of misinformation on this website about the subject and apparently the rules are not the same at all times. I did intend to cheat Disney, I DO think they are a good value, I just wanted to know the rules!!!!!!!

20. Dopey's twin Dippy

Dopey's twin Dippy DIS Veteran

we stay at the music , and once asmovies- i actually broght my mugs back. my family laughs at me.......oh well. but i would prob. buy a tonic at pop and maybe buy the mugs at the movies. also we just got home 9/4, and alot of people just asked the cashier for a cup and she gave it to them. i got one for water-to take a pill to. it was free. and for ME they are a GREAT BUY cause i drink diet pepsi (i know they only have diet coke......) all day long. i actually missed my DIET PEPSI all week...........anyways , when you go i hope you guys have a GREAT week.........

21. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

fight nice children:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: