OK experts - what's selling well at yard/garage sales

macs4us

<font color=blue>Bring on the hefeweizen, it's get
My niece (12 yo) just called me to tell me they received a flyer about their community garage sale, and wanted to know if I wanted to sell anything. Unfortunately, it is on Saturday, so I don't have much time to go through everything. So, I thought I would ask what is selling well and at least I can make sure I get those things out. My niece usually makes a lot of $$$ with her stuff - she paid for half of her portion of our trip to WDW last year with her garage sale money. I know I have an old TV, a VCR, some stereo components, software, books, a fax/copier/printer and a scanner that are easy to put out, but what else should I be looking to put out for sale? And how much are these type of items going for these days? :confused:

Gee, I wish my mom was visiting right now - she's great at the garage sale thing. Any help/advice is appreciated... ::yes::

Thanks...

I'm sure it varies a lot by area and it also depends on who happens to wander by the sale. Around here, it's hard to sell TVs and VCRs for any pitiful amount. The stereo components might go if they're name brand and look new, but even then, not for a lot. If the software is for kids, it will sell well. Other stuff, probably not so well. I never even look at printers and scanners at yard sales because you can find deals with rebates and bundles to get them for next to nothing.

Books always seem to go well if they're not overpriced. I think Christmas stuff would go well now. I always hit the auctions that advertise it. Also any new gift type items as people start their shopping. (It really is NOT that long. The stores are starting to have Christmas trees up next their Halloween stuff.)

You should ask your neice and others in the area for their local experience. Good luck.

Sheila

We had two $10 console TV's that nobody even glanced at - two $5 VCR's both were sold. Printers and scanners - no sale.

Beanie babies 25 cents each

We tried to price really low just to get rid of the stuff. As always, some of the things we thought would go right away were still sitting there at the end of the day. And things we laughingly put $1 on were the first to go.

Good luck to your niece!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter