OK....DIS vets...I need help....

trezoc

Mouseketeer
Hi guys...these forums are so helpful i thought I'd ask your advice.Family of four with 13 and 15 year old girls.We have never cruised (I'm a little afraid of motion sickness). Do you think a good introduction would be a short 4 or 5 night to the Bahamas?? How long does the boat dock at the ports ? Is there a place to get a general quote of prices? THANKS for any help!! We try to take one nice trip a year...I'm very nervous about this.

Hi guys...these forums are so helpful i thought I'd ask your advice.Family of four with 13 and 15 year old girls.We have never cruised (I'm a little afraid of motion sickness). Do you think a good introduction would be a short 4 or 5 night to the Bahamas?? How long does the boat dock at the ports ? Is there a place to get a general quote of prices? THANKS for any help!! We try to take one nice trip a year...I'm very nervous about this.

Many if not most first time cruisers start with a 3,4 or 5 day cruise just to "test the water" (so to speak). I think that's a great way to find out if it's your cup-o-tea. Time in port varies by port and that amount of time is shown on each cruise itinerary. To explore itineraries and pricing, go to the DCL website at: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/.

There's nothing really to be nervous about. There are OTC meds like Bonnie you can bring with you in case you need it, but the vast majority find very little problems with motion sickness.

HTH

We jumped in feet first for our first cruise with a week long Eastern on DCL! About to take 5th cruise (all DCL!) this weekend!:cool1: This week's trip is a 4 night - wasn't planning on taking another cruise so soon, but couldn't pass on the special pricing they had going!:woohoo:

Take a look at the Navigators available on the FAQs on this board. They are samples of the daily itineraries you would have - see what types of activities on board that your family might like. Look at the available ports and shore excursions that may interest you.

re: sea sickness, I am very prone to motion sickness (even the rides at the parks!). I always take bonine starting the day before we leave, haven't had a problem!:thumbsup2 Our first cruise was very rough waters, DH even took the free motion sickness meds they handed out for queasiness. We were fine that week as long as we took the meds. Other cruises, haven't really needed it. Also on that first rough cruise, one of youngest got sick the first night, but immediately after that episode, was ready to go back out and was fine the rest of the week.:thumbsup2

Consider a 7 night! We treat the ship like a floating resort; very easy vacation, no running around!:thumbsup2 On the other hand, on the new ship in 2011, 5 is the most nights that will sail - we're booked for that!:cool1:

For a quick look at prices I start wth vacationstogo.com. You can see the prices on ALL the Disney sailings at one time. Once you have a few that you are interested in you can go to the Disney Cruise website and see more detail on those particular cruises.

We started the same way, unsure if we'd like it.

Our first cruise was a 3 day; we booked a 7 day Eastern the second day out. Guess we liked it!

On the Eastern, we became DVC members and booked a 7 day Western this year -- it pretty much cost us nothing as a result.

We're sold, we're cruising every year.

Your teens should definitely take advantage of going to the Teen Club. Our daughter (now 16) adores it. She met a particularly nice group of kids this year and they're all still in daily contact and planning a reunion in 2015, when they'll all be adults, :scared1:!!!

Highly recommend Disney cruising!!! :cheer2:

Thanks eveyone!! I knew I could count on this site for info and a pep talk!!:) I used the disboards for tips on a disney vacation in 2006 and it was AMAZING how much it helped!! You guys are the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!