ok BIG problem

jlp651

<font color=CC66CC>Don't you know its annual "Your
I've been back for about a month from our trip and all I want to do is go back...(we did 3 days land 4 days sea-it was wonderful!)
Well, I have to save for a car-mine is paid off...but close to death...BUT I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO DCL...So, I've started saving my change...vowed to put $10.00 in my vacation fund/pay check...I might actually get back their by 2006...that seems soo far away!

How do people afford trips yearly?
Does Ebay really work?
How else can I get there sooner?

Please help!!!

The budget board has some threads with some really great info.

As for me, we do go every year. I still don't think that's enough!!LOL:teeth:
I do sell stuff on ebay but I never use the money for the Disney fund!!:rolleyes: I end up spending it on ebay!! It does work and I do make money on items I would've just thrown away.

What we have found to be helpful in paying for our trips are a few things. We save our change and cash it in before we leave and get Disney dollars with it. This we use for spending money. We always drive b/c DH won't fly but, it actually saves us a ton of money. No air fare and no car rental costs! We never pay full price, never book a package and book our trip ourselves. We use either AP rates or room only discount codes or like this coming trip and last Nov., we rent points from a DVC member on this board. You can really save money that way. We don't need the "extras" most packages offer so we never book one. By our methods we have been able to stay at only deluxe resorts.

I must add that I am a SAHM but, DH makes a really good salary and we can go yearly without putting us in debt!!

I also pay for the resort ahead of time. Makes me feel better I guess. Less to pay at once. I will also buy our park passes one at a time between trips. We don't really spend alot on souveniers. Also DH and I never eat breakfast so that actually saves us money too!LOL We bring breakfast items for DD to eat at the hotel like pop tarts, cereal bars, cereal. We also bring snacks for the hotel and for when we are by the pool. We don't eat at a sit down restaurant 3 times a day everyday. If we are going to a restaurant we do it for a late lunch, same items as dinner but cheaper. We sometimes share a snack like fries or a big pretzel, DD eats very little! DD and I sometimes split a counter service meal. We really do this because we aren't big eaters and we don't like to waste food. In the long run it saves money too!

Some on this board cut back on daily things at home to save money for their trip. I think there is a thread about this on the resorts board as well.

Like anything else, when you really want it, you find a way!!

It's really hard to give financial/spending advice because everyone has a different situation. My family (DH, DS-14, DS-7,DD-3 and myself) first went to WDW two years ago. We can't afford to go every year either. My advice is to keep up what you're already doing and search the DIS for budget help. You'll get back to WDW ! :)

I actually ment to put this on the budget board...whoops!
Thanks for the advice...I'm working on it...slowly...

Hi
If you want todo a 3/4 day land and sea again do it on your own bookl a 3/4 dcl then go to disney on your own it will save some...Sorry i cant help more:( P.s.If you do dcl again pick the cheapest room you are barely in your room so you dont need a balcony when you can just go to a balcony on the deck 7,8,9,10:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter