Ohana's Speeding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEVERENOUGHWDW

<font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde
Last year we were a party of 11 with a GF specialty cake at dessert and it was great!

We went Friday night and were a party of 7. The food came so quick our heads spun!!!!!!
Before the dinner plates were gone the specialty cake came. I'm guessing we were just on an off night but it was crazy.

I just cancelled our reservation for December and next fall we will pass.

Our last meal at 'Ohana was sooooooooooo slow and we almost had to beg for food! We sat for long periods of time with empty plates. We were there from 8:30-10:10. OMG a nightmare. It was DH first time and I had hyped it up so much and then THIS! :confused3

At our last breakfast we felt a bit rushed actually.

Maybe they were swamped?

We were there in March and it was on the slow side...may have just been an off night.:confused3 The food is so good there, that I would NEVER skip it. As a matter of fact, we tried to book a last minute October trip, and decided against it because there were no Ohana Adr's!!!

OK. Just trying to understand the issue of the original poster. What went wrong? Were you not happy that the service was so quick? Just wondering. Thanks.

I read posts like these and I wonder what is wrong. We have eaten at 'Ohanas every trip, and have never had any issues like I read about that others have.

Are here now and have ressies for 'Ohana wed. 12/5 - can't wait :)

we had recently been there and dinner was served so fast we did not have time to enjoy the salad. Just trying to enjoy my dinner and it was over. Good thing I had a pineapple drink to slow things down a bit.

So what happens if you tell the server to slow it down a bit or pace the delivery better? Will they forget about your table and not serve you at all?

Just curious- we've never booked O'hana, but these scary incidents are keeping me from trying to book it.

OMG...I ate here last week and this was what I was going to say in my dining report! It was like speed dating, only with food. I called it a drive by meating!! This was our first time there. I was so looking forward to this meal and I did not enjoy it at all. I was enjoying my salad, then boom, out come the apps. Ok, no problem. The chicken wings were already cold by the way. Literally, not 2 minutes after the apps come, the drive by meating started and big hunks of meat were being piled on top of my poor salad. It made me cranky! DH and son were fine with it though

So what happens if you tell the server to slow it down a bit or pace the delivery better? Will they forget about your table and not serve you at all?

Just curious- we've never booked O'hana, but these scary incidents are keeping me from trying to book it.

We had a speed-eating experience and it was really bizarre. The server tried desperately to rearrange the appetizer platters (which we weren't even half finished with), so that he could make room for the main dish plates. I stopped him and told him that it would be much better for us, and a lot easier for him, if he allowed us to finish our first course before he tried to serve us the second course. He looked at me like I was crazy. As if it was odd that we wouldn't want all of our food served at the same time, 10 minutes after sitting down. The rest of the meal was very awkward and the pacing never recovered. The server clearly had not been instructed on the concept of "coursing". They must think that every diner prefers a sit-down buffet style meal where your plate overflows with 6 different foods at once. I'm clearly in the minority, but I disliked Ohana immensely.

I think it is a matter of taste. This is one of the things I enjoy about 'Ohana. I like that they start bringing food immediately (and never stop...ha!). I've been there twice and wish that I could go on my upcoming trip, but we're going "on a budget" and booked the Stay, Play, and Dine deal which includes the Quick Service plan.

I read posts like these and I wonder what is wrong. We have eaten at 'Ohanas every trip, and have never had any issues like I read about that others have.

Are here now and have ressies for 'Ohana wed. 12/5 - can't wait :)

That was the next night we were supposed to be there!!!!!
I cancelled but hope you come back with a great report:thumbsup2

We enjoyed the food at ohana's on our trip in August. We had a 5pm ADR the waiting area was crowded. The food started coming right away we got bread but didn't get butter till 1/2 through the meal. The place was packed the servers were all over passing out food, the food was coming so fast that we felt rushed. We didn't even talk during the meal we just kept eating. Although we enjoyed the food and love the poly we won't be returning there next trip. I can see the attraction to this restaurant but our boys are older and we didn't care for the coconut races and the lady who did a lot of talking and singing. We enjoyed Konas much more and will go back next trip great food and more relaxing, but I know for others it's a must do. Linda :)

We had a speed-eating experience and it was really bizarre. The server tried desperately to rearrange the appetizer platters (which we weren't even half finished with), so that he could make room for the main dish plates. I stopped him and told him that it would be much better for us, and a lot easier for him, if he allowed us to finish our first course before he tried to serve us the second course. He looked at me like I was crazy. As if it was odd that we wouldn't want all of our food served at the same time, 10 minutes after sitting down. The rest of the meal was very awkward and the pacing never recovered. The server clearly had not been instructed on the concept of "coursing". They must think that every diner prefers a sit-down buffet style meal where your plate overflows with 6 different foods at once. I'm clearly in the minority, but I disliked Ohana immensely.

Agree! The pacing at 'Ohana is terrible. Can't stand that place.

jerseygirl81 said:
We enjoyed the food at ohana's on our trip in August. We had a 5pm ADR the waiting area was crowded. The food started coming right away we got bread but didn't get butter till 1/2 through the meal. The place was packed the servers were all over passing out food, the food was coming so fast that we felt rushed. We didn't even talk during the meal we just kept eating. Although we enjoyed the food and love the poly we won't be returning there next trip. I can see the attraction to this restaurant but our boys are older and we didn't care for the coconut races and the lady who did a lot of talking and singing. We enjoyed Konas much more and will go back next trip great food and more relaxing, but I know for others it's a must do. Linda :)

+ 1 for Konas over Ohana's. But not everyone can know this or Kona's will get busy

freshmanjs said:
who is Ohana?

Lol, families's???
I have always used the ownership when saying it an writing it. Weird.

Grammar police, back off sucka or i be likely to pop a cap in ya, comprendo padre?
Arrrgh! Shiver me timbers ya boot swaddled bilge rat!

I love 'Ohana! I wish we did have reservations for this trip coming up. Because we booked the trip last minute I couldn't get in. :( We leave on Monday and I'm going to attempt a walk up and see if we can get in. This is by far my favorite restaurant and it makes our trip. :)

I'm sorry, but I just don't see why this has to be a problem. When our server wanted to start adding dishes to our table when we had just started our salads I just asked him to wait until we were finished our salads. He complied. Problem solved. :confused3 Why let it get to the point that it is spoiling your dining experience?

I'm sorry, but I just don't see why this has to be a problem. When our server wanted to start adding dishes to our table when we had just started our salads I just asked him to wait until we were finished our salads. He complied. Problem solved. :confused3 Why let it get to the point that it is spoiling your dining experience?

Shouldn't need to have that conversation. It's a pricey restaurant and should be run much better. (also, the food is not very good).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter