'Ohanas or Sleigh Ride??

ppan77

DIS Veteran
So I landed a last minute 'Ohanas ressie the same night as our sleigh ride. Not sure we could do both. If you had to pick one which would you do?? We have never done either. My kids are 5 and 2 and do well at sit down meals. This would be our last night at WDW.

Without a doubt...the sleigh ride! Your children will remember the experience far more than having a meal!

I agree, sleigh ride for sure! We are going over to Wilderness Lodge to Whispering Canyon Cafe before ours, maybe you can try to get a ressie there? Earlier or later depending on when your sleigh ride is :)

'Ohana is fun and I personally really like the food and our kids always liked the shenanigans ... But it's just dinner. Go for the sleigh ride where some actual family magic could possibly take place.

My vote is for the sleigh ride! Your kids are at fun ages so they'd prob love it! They'd also prob enjoy the 'Ohana Best Friends Breakfast way more than an 'Ohana dinner, since the dinner doesn't have any characters. I just made an ADR for the breakfast recently so those are def still available, unlike the dinner ADRs which are by now terribly scarce! Have a wonderful holiday in the World! :santa:

I vote for sleigh ride. We weren't overly impressed with Ohana (we did breakfast though) and would love to do a sleigh ride. We prefer experiences though.

Where in WDW do they offer sleigh rides and when did you have to book it?

They are offered at Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness.

I'm not sure which websites I'm allowed to post, but if you Google: Walt Disney World Sleigh Rides you should find some info.

I believe it was about $60 for a 30 min. ride?

They are offered at Wilderness Lodge & Fort Wilderness.

I'm not sure which websites I'm allowed to post, but if you Google: Walt Disney World Sleigh Rides you should find some info.

I believe it was about $60 for a 30 min. ride?

Yep, it's $60 and is more expensive than the $45 carriage ride (offered during the non-holiday season).

@ILoveDisney&Cruising What didn't you like about the sleigh ride? We have ours booked for next month, it will be just the two of us. Would you recommend it?

I think they begin offering the sleigh rides Dec 1st. Which is our last night at WDW!! I'm still on the fence. Read some poor reviews about the sleigh rides.:confused3

If you havn't made your ADR yet I'll add my 2 cents. Your children are young and will probably eat from the childrens menu at Ohana but the sleigh ride might make for a nice memory and I am sure they will enjoy eating at the fast food restaurant at the WL. The food isn't bad at all. We once had a turkey dinner there. I can't think of the name of the restaurant.

@ILoveDisney&Cruising What didn't you like about the sleigh ride? We have ours booked for next month, it will be just the two of us. Would you recommend it?

Oh no, I never bothered to look at the reviews before booking. I found this video of the sleigh ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tzSxgF2U9o

I didn't know the sleighs were pulled on the road.

That YouTube video is from the Sleigh Ride at Fort Wilderness campground - and looks MUCH more interesting than the ride we had at Wilderness Lodge.

The Sleigh Ride we took departed from Wilderness Lodge - drove us through the back woods to the campground (near the Marina, I think) and then back to the lodge. *boring and NOTHING to see* Our driver wasn't all that friendly or chatty, either.

We might enjoy the sleigh ride through the campground ... well, would DEFINITELY enjoy it more than the ride we had (we are HUGE Fort Wilderness fans) ... we've done the horse drawn carriage (non Christmas time) through the campground before and still just found it "ok". Nothing we'd repeat.

My boys were 9 & 11 or so (give or take a year or two) at the time of our Sleigh Ride. I asked them yesterday (when I saw your question here) which they'd prefer and they both said 'Ohana.

I had put out a thread a while back too try and decide if we wanted too dot he sleigh ride and I only got positive posts back about the one through the campgrounds. So we are very excited too try it out.:cool1:

We go on Friday Dec 10th. I will post a review when we return.

I do love Ohana too....So I just booked them both for the same night...My other choice was too eat at WL instead, but stuck with Ohana....

Have fun what ever you decide.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter