'Ohana... you were not kidding!!

Is it like this for breakfast also??

we have ADRs for breakfast and dinner in december. I am glad I know this because as soon as i sit down I am telling our server we have been here before ( I know its a lie) and we were rushed and I don't want all the food thrown at me so I am rushed out the door.

Dh and I are former restuarant people and so we know how it goes but that is something we don't hesitate to say something about when we are basiclly pushed out the door. for what people pay they should be able to enjoy there meal and not feel rushed at all.

When i called to make my ADRs for there the Cm said that it can take anywhere from 1 -2 hours:laughing: to eat just depends on the table. I luagh after hearing this post wonder if she has been there before? sounds like your in and out in 30 minutes!

If I was not done, I would of told them that. If he did it so fast, I would of had them replace everything as you were not done. This is the meal I am looking most forward to and I don't mind them bring everything at once. We can just add to our plates but if I am not done I will let them know..

We had dinner at O'Hana's on 6/26 and had a wonderful waitress. The food was brought out in a timely manner. My DD19, DD14, my sister-in-law, and I went up to learn the hula. After that, my husband and I were recognized for celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and danced to Hawiian music along with a few other couples. My husband is diabetic and kept asking for more shrimp and other meats off the skewers. The food was fantastic and for dessert, the waitress brought my DD19 the pineapple with the caramel sauce(the old dessert that O'Hana had) besides the new dessert menu. At no time did we feel rushed and I honestly believe that we probably stayed longer than average dinner stay because of participating in the activities.

Our experience at 'Ohana was amazing and I will not hesitate to go back there. We did not feel rushed at all (we had a view of the castle and the server spent time talking to us about the trip, got as many refills as we wanted, never felt like they were pushing us out the door, and left WAY too full lol.

I would have said something, but then again if you take my food away from me you risk losing a finger! :rotfl:

We are going there next month around 4:15 but I will not let them rush me - Its hard enough trying to get a bite with 3 small kids I will tell them in the beginning not to rush me.:laughing:

Is it like this for breakfast also??

No, it wasn't like that for breakfast. We did it once in January and again last week, it was great. The character interaction is awesome!

That's probably why we were so disappointed with dinner, we had such a great time at breakfast.

Glad to know some of you have had better experiences than we did!

We ate at Ohana last november and i do remember not having much of a lull in our dinner, but i loved the food! This coming november, we have an ADR at OHana's at 5:30pm and then are going to MVMCP. I guess if dinner is rushed for us, it might work to our advantage, LOL! I don't want to miss anything at the MVMCP since it will be our first time attending. :)

So are you guys talking about the dinner show or just regular dinner? I am just now starting to plan out a trip we are hoping to take next year and we wanted to see the dinner show.

We had a wonderful meal at 'Ohana in May. We didn't feel rushed at all, but then again we aren't "get rushed" kind of people. The more they brought and set on the table, the more we would just add to our plates. We are a grazing kind of family. We don't have to have our salad finished before they bring our food, actually my DH won't eat his salad until he has his main course, so this meal worked out well for us.

It's so sad how bad 'Ohana has gotten but sadder yet how so many people accept this behavior with caveots or qualifications.

They ('Ohana) SHOULD NOT be rushing people through their meal. People SHOULD NOT have to be abrupt with the staff in order to eat a reasonably paced meal.

If you continue to patronize 'Ohana and DO get the rushed treatment, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE complain to management. Don't just slow the waiters down and feel satisfied. Complain to the Managers so perhaps they'll get the idea that something is wrong.
pirate:

We didn't have a great time there either. First off we didn't get to sit in the main room...we were on the other side of the wall so we couldn't see our kids participating in the games while we ate. The worst of if was this...soon after sitting a girl walked over and asked the kids if they wanted any chicken. Now having previewed every WDW menu online numerous times I was suprised and said..."Oh good, it's chicken! I thought it would be Turkey." She says.."Oh, no it's turkey, I just say it's chicken to get the kids to eat it." I was mortified. I said YOU CANNOT DO THAT.....she just looked at me...I said MY SON IS ALLERGIC TO TURKEY...YOU CAN'T WALK OVER HERE AND SAY ITS CHICKEN..YOU COULD KILL SOMEBODY!

We also weren't there very long. I was so excited to go there..then totally let down.

I can't believe she'd lie like that! You'd think in a restaurant they'd know better. Especially since Disney seems to make a fuss for people with allergies.

I was really looking forward to going there but now after reading everyones reviews on how quick they throw food at you this might not be good for us. I'm a slow eater and so is my son. Especially when there is so much going on most kids are going to eat slower since they will be watching everything else. Do you guys think there is a better time to go when they'd be slower? We would never eat late since we have two young kids, we usually like to eat around 5-5:30. (I have terrible reflux and need to eat 3-4 hours before bed)

what did she say after you told her your son was allergic to Turkey???????:scared1: :eek: :sick:

She should of deeply appologized! ( and then some)

I bet she will never do that again, good thing you commented or else there would of been a SERIOUS PROBLEM!

thank god he is ok! your family had a :angel: watching over you then thats for sure. For you to comment very simply that way and she comment back it was not what she said it was

I can't believe she'd lie like that! You'd think in a restaurant they'd know better. Especially since Disney seems to make a fuss for people with allergies.

I was really looking forward to going there but now after reading everyones reviews on how quick they throw food at you this might not be good for us. I'm a slow eater and so is my son. Especially when there is so much going on most kids are going to eat slower since they will be watching everything else. Do you guys think there is a better time to go when they'd be slower? We would never eat late since we have two young kids, we usually like to eat around 5-5:30. (I have terrible reflux and need to eat 3-4 hours before bed)

I'm really sorry to hear you are rethinking this ADR. My DH and I had a great meal there. We didn't feel rushed at all, but like I said in a previous post we like to have our salad at the same time as everything else. It is on our must do list for our trip next May as well, my DH insisted. Our meal was around 7, but the place was still packed. We actually sat at the table for awhile and people watched after we finished our dessert, to let the massive amount of food we just ate settle! Our "cousins" all spent lots of time talking to us and never once acted like there were ready for us to free up our table. This is one place where we left an additional tip over what the DDP tips.

-Erica

We also had a wonderful meal there on July 1 ( just a few weeks ago).

We had to spend at least 1.5 hours there..lol. My daughter did all the activities. We ate leisurely. At one point a man went to take my dd's dish when she was up doing an activity, I just said that she wasn't finished with it yet. I was polite, he was nice. No problem.
As a matter of fact, when dessert was served an activity started before we finished it. DD went up to do the activity, and I did too to take pictures. When we got back to the table the ice cream had melted. Our server "cousin" debbie saw this and said "let me get you more of that it's melted!"

If you feel rushed, let them know! Tell them to slow it down.
The food is brought out all at once. I like it like that because I don't want the wings and shrimp taken away. We ate shrimp all through our meal.. yum!
If something gets too cool and you want it warmer... ask for more.

The activites aren't done constantly. There's "quiet time" (as quiet as Ohana's gets..lol) in between so you, and the kids, get to sit and eat. I would imagine if it was constantly going on, there would be a lot of hungry kids because they would be too distracted to eat!

We love it there and visit at least once every trip.

Thank you guys for posting that. It just dawned on me too that the time of year might really matter. If it is peak season maybe they are more rushed so they can get more people in and out? Though you just went during peak and it was fine. We will be going in the fall when it's cheaper and slower. I don't mind if the food is brought out at once. Like you said we could always just ask for more if it gets cold. I think we'll probably still do it and just be clear that we aren't in a hurry. So if someone starts to clear the table too soon we'll be sure to speak up. It looks like it would be fun and I think the kids would have a good time.

I've seen this mentioned in a lot of the food reviews that some restaurant servers are called cousin but then others name them as CM's. What that all about? I've only been to disney once at that was over 15 years ago and I don't think we ate out in nicer places like these.

We visited in early May so it wasn't a crowded time. Our ADR was for 5:30 and it was already pretty busy. Our kids spent most of their time playing games and hardly ate. We did have to buy them snacks later on that evening. Now although our first experience wasn't the best...We are going to try it again in April. Perhaps we'll have the magical O'hana experience everyone talks about!

At least it's changed from when we were there last October. Dinner took HOURS, we may as well have hunted and prepared our own meat for as long as it took to get any. They supposedly had a few servers working the same section, which amounted to one poor girl running around like crazy, and a couple of lazy guys taking frequent smoke breaks. (from what I could see) It's easier to stop them from taking something off your table than it is to try and even get it ON the table. Dessert? It piratically took an act of congress to get some. We're going back because the year before was fantastic, and the food is good. But if two out of three times they give us lousy service? Never again.

I am so sorry to here this, we have 9pm ressies for the first night we get to Dis (8/30). The reservationist I made the ressie with told us this is the perfect time to eat so we can see Wishes from our table.

Is it possible to tip the server ahead of time to keep the table longer even though we are on the DDP and tip is included. I sure don't believe in being rushed!! We will be a party of nine with 5 kids, first night and we are staying at Poly. I plan to stay awhile.:confused:

16 days and counting!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!