'Ohana... you were not kidding!!

marivaid

My mother is a Pluto molester.
I booked 'Ohana for our last night at the Polynesian thinking it would be a nice way to end our stay there. Got a 9PM ADR, hoping to see Wishes.

I've read here several times how some of you felt rushed at 'Ohana. Well NOW I get it !

First they brought the salad, wontons and dipping sauce, shrimp and chicken wings. Enough to keep us busy for a while, right ? Nope. We had just started on the salad that they brought in the potatoes and veggies, then a couple minutes later the meats on skewers. We each got a piece of steak and a piece of turkey.

We were taking a little breathing break when the guy who brought us the meat came to our table and asked us if we'd like some more. We said no, thank you. Before we had a chance to say anything he cleared the whole table !!!! We were both so stunned we just looked at each other like, okay what just happened here?! :confused3 :confused:

We were in & out of the place in about half an hour.

I couldn't believe it. We actually left hungry ! All I had was a little bit of salad, a couple wontons, 2 pieces of meat and a spoonful of potatoes. DM didn't even have time to taste the salad or the potatoes.

It wasn't just us either - the family at the next table were just starting when we got seated and left before us.

Unbelievable ! It was definitely the low point of our stay at the Poly.

I booked 'Ohana for our last night at the Polynesian thinking it would be a nice way to end our stay there. Got a 9PM ADR, hoping to see Wishes.

I've read here several times how some of you felt rushed at 'Ohana. Well NOW I get it !

First they brought the salad, wontons and dipping sauce, shrimp and chicken wings. Enough to keep us busy for a while, right ? Nope. We had just started on the salad that they brought in the potatoes and veggies, then a couple minutes later the meats on skewers. We each got a piece of steak and a piece of turkey.

We were taking a little breathing break when the guy who brought us the meat came to our table and asked us if we'd like some more. We said no, thank you. Before we had a chance to say anything he cleared the whole table !!!! We were both so stunned we just looked at each other like, okay what just happened here?! :confused3 :confused:

We were in & out of the place in about half an hour.

I couldn't believe it. We actually left hungry ! All I had was a little bit of salad, a couple wontons, 2 pieces of meat and a spoonful of potatoes. DM didn't even have time to taste the salad or the potatoes.

It wasn't just us either - the family at the next table were just starting when we got seated and left before us.

Unbelievable ! It was definitely the low point of our stay at the Poly.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. We did have a waiter once that tried bringing things at this pace but I did tell him we weren't finished with the appetizers yet. I wouldn't have been above asking for new plates and explaining I was taking a short breather but wasn't sure if I wanted more or not. Didn't they bring the dessert? I loved the dessert here. Bread pudding, ice cream and carmely type of sauce. I usually have to be rolled out of this place;) I hope the rest of your stay was good.

Oh, I am sorry. If he would have started taking stuff off of my table. I would have kindly took it right back from him. I am not going to leave hungry, oh no way. Last time I was there, they did bring things so fast. But, I kept asking for more. Like potatoes. wings. I left stuffed. I am so sorry you had to leave hungry.:sad2:

Last time we were there, they brought things quickly but not in a "rushed" sort of way. We felt that we had plenty of time to eat our meal and to ask for seconds of the things that we wanted more of. They always asked before removing anything. If they tried clearing away the plates before I was done, I would immediately speak up.

That does sound like you were very rushed...

However, in a situation like that, why wouldn't you have just said..."Hey stop! We are not finished yet, please give us some time to eat our meal."

I know if I had paid that much for a meal, I certainly would not have let them just take it away from me before I had a chance to finish.

I would have also called over the manager if that would have been the case and demanded that they comp the meal. You basically paid for something you did not get.

My major complaint when we visitied O'Hana in March was that I felt so rushed! In spite of that, I made ADR's for October and plan to be a bit more forward in setting the pace for the meal. I really enjoyed the food--I just felt like they threw down a bunch of food and we gulped it down and left.

This time, I think since I know the way the restaurant operates, we can control the pace. At least that what I'm hoping:goodvibes

That does sound like you were very rushed...

However, in a situation like that, why wouldn't you have just said..."Hey stop! We are not finished yet, please give us some time to eat our meal."

I know if I had paid that much for a meal, I certainly would not have let them just take it away from me before I had a chance to finish.

I would have also called over the manager if that would have been the case and demanded that they comp the meal. You basically paid for something you did not get.

You're absolutely right one of us should have said something. We're not really into confrontation but sometimes it's needed.
It happened VERY fast though. The guy cleared our table, and literally seconds later the dessert was here. We thought, nevermind for once we have room for dessert.

It was just a really weird experience.

I just felt like they threw down a bunch of food and we gulped it down and left.

That's exactly how we felt ! Except we're slow eaters so we didn't eat that much LOL

(Our conversation when we came out of Stars Tour earlier today:)

Me : That was fast. Which ride did you think was the fastest ?
DM : 'Ohana!

Wow...

I do feel that they do kinda place the food out there fast...but! We have been there three times and the kids are always playing and hoola hooping and we have NEVER left in half an hour. That does seem SUPER fast!

What time was your ADR? I wonder if they try to get another round of people in there before WISHES...kwim??? Maybe that has something to do with it?

All I know is that we LOVE that place and go back without fail..every single trip.

We have always had refills of everything including desserts!!!

I guess all I can say is next time say something and had they removed my chips before I was done I would simply ask for MORE CHIPS!! It is all you can eat after all!

I am so sorry you felt this way. What a bummer.:guilty:

That's exactly how we felt ! Except we're slow eaters so we didn't eat that much LOL

(Our conversation when we came out of Stars Tour earlier today:)

Me : That was fast. Which ride did you think was the fastest ?
DM : 'Ohana!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that is so funny!!!

I would have told him to stop and if he didn't said it again louder, we have two small boys who eat slowly. I wouldn't allow them to go hungry.
Please stand up for yourself if you do it right its not rude. Hopefully it didn't spoil your trip too much.:grouphug:

Wow...

I do feel that they do kinda place the food out there fast...but! We have been there three times and the kids are always playing and hoola hooping and we have NEVER left in half an hour. That does seem SUPER fast!

What time was your ADR? I wonder if they try to get another round of people in there before WISHES...kwim??? Maybe that has something to do with it?

All I know is that we LOVE that place and go back without fail..every single trip.

We have always had refills of everything including desserts!!!

I guess all I can say is next time say something and had they removed my chips before I was done I would simply ask for MORE CHIPS!! It is all you can eat after all!

I am so sorry you felt this way. What a bummer.:guilty:

Our ADR was at 9PM. I thought this would be a great time to see Wishes from the restaurant but we had time to get back to our room at Tokelau, change, and walk to the beach before Wishes started.

It's not a huge deal, we will most likely give it another try but this time we'll know what to do ie : guard that salad with my life.:rotfl2:

mmmm....

salad!! Did you even get a chance to try the dessert?

(I am trying to diet for FWF and my Sept trip yet I keep reading and looking at these food threads!!!)

mmmm....

salad!! Did you even get a chance to try the dessert?

(I am trying to diet for FWF and my Sept trip yet I keep reading and looking at these food threads!!!)

Yes we cleared that dessert plate :rotfl: It was yummyyyyy. I added the sauce to my list of things I'd like to take a bath in.

Sorry about your experience at Ohana, it sounds very rushed, I hope we fare better, I don't like speaking up ether.

I would have told him to stop and if he didn't said it again louder, we have two small boys who eat slowly.

I am glad that I came across this thread since we have ressies at Ohana in a few weeks. I also have a son who eats very slow (as in the 3 of us are done with dinner and he still munching away), so if I feel a rush-job coming on, I will speak up right away (since DH would just be mortified, but not say anything except to me). We have eaten there in the past, and were rushed once ~ I will not let it happen again. Thanks OP!

I didn't know it was like that. I was thinking of ordering an anniversary cake there, nothing romantic, we'll be with DS4. But I wanted to do something special. Maybe I'll send it to the room. I don't want to feel rushed. Thanks for the info!

we had a similar rushing experience at LTT..when we ate there in 2005 we enjoyed ourselves and left stuffed but not rushed but when we went in May i think we were in and our in less than an hr and we saw the characters twice. Our waiter came around thinking we were done w/our food but asked for seconds anyways and when we said yes he gave us an attitude like how could these ppl want more food. Needless to say the character interaction was great and the food was as well but our service was not very magical as it was in 2005.

We went for breakfast while we were there and we didn't feel rushed at all. We made sure we were able to see all the characters.

That's too bad. We had great, great service at Ohana's. Sometimes you have to be direct and explain that you aren't quite finished with something if they are trying to take it. I remember them bringing the next courses quickly but it wasn't a problem for us, we just had a little bit of each thing and moved on. We too had to be "rolled" out of the place. The only other thing I remember is to save room for the yummy steak that comes at the end!!!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter