'Ohana, Whispering Canyon, or DTD

heather13

DIS Veteran
We have two nights to play with - a Friday and Saturday in a few weeks. Trying to figure out which two of these three options to do (or maybe only one :confused3 - we'll have a kitchenette). We're staying at VWL and my kids are 4 and 6.

We currently have reservations at 'Ohana for one of those nights, but they're at 6pm (after spending all day at DHS with no break). Haven't been to 'Ohana, but will be with my mom who had bariatric surgery and DD4 who is extremely picky. So financially this isn't our best option. But I've heard it's fun for young kids.

Whispering Canyon is obviously the most convenient. And I keep reading that the service is fun, but we're also going to 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch. So maybe WC is redundant?

We've never been to DTD so I'm kind of interested in exploring that area, and so are the kids. But it would be a bit more time consuming.

What do you think? Which two would you include when fine dining isn't the biggest priority?

Ohana is fun! We really don't like WCC and while it is more convenient I don't think it is worth it. They also recently changed their menu (you can see the thread on the restaurant board). They are now only offering the skillet for dinner (no full menu) and they got rid off the salad from the skillet. If you have never gone to DTD then go! It is mostly shopping and restaurants. The only thing that I would say is you have to decide what trip you want to have. Since you will be there for only 2 nights you would have to decide whether you and your group would rather stay late at a park and see the fireworks, or take advantage of EMH, or do they not care and would rather shop at DTD?! :goodvibes Also, transportation takes time so consider that as well.

I'd go with Ohana without any debate. The food is the best and a good value. The whole kids/coconut thing is annoying to me, especially because I always seem to be seated on the aisle the kids go through. It's not so much the kids that bother me but the parents pushing their butts up into my face as they try to take pictures.. Also, there's really not much to explore in DTD -- it's basically just shopping which you can do in the parks. With only a short visit, don't waste the time at DTD..

Definitely Ohana! There's lots of choices to eat and it's all really good! Plus they have those fun activities for the kids. Yes, lots of people have recently cancelled their WCC ADR's (myself included) after hearing about the menu changes.

I didnt care for Ohana. Food wasnt that great. The "famous" wings were slimy, not crispy. The noodles were a tad dry, and the meat was meh. Not the greatest cut of beef. Pork was gross, didnt like the sauce. Chicken was the best thing. Loved the salad & bread & dessert thou.

I would recommend going to DTD, raglan road. The food is good, and the entertainment is awesome! Love watching those step dancers. Also, TRex is great. Always had a great meal there. Plus its so much fun for kids!

Thank you everyone! Sounds like DTD for sure. I can't switch my WCC reservation right now so 'Ohana might be a default no matter what! Good to know it's fun for kids.

I should clarify that we'll be in WDW for six nights, but have two "free" nights. The others will be filled with things like MNSSHP, Eat to the Beat or arrival night (ie going to bed early!).

We have two nights to play with - a Friday and Saturday in a few weeks. Trying to figure out which two of these three options to do (or maybe only one :confused3 - we'll have a kitchenette). We're staying at VWL and my kids are 4 and 6.

We currently have reservations at 'Ohana for one of those nights, but they're at 6pm (after spending all day at DHS with no break). Haven't been to 'Ohana, but will be with my mom who had bariatric surgery and DD4 who is extremely picky. So financially this isn't our best option. But I've heard it's fun for young kids.

Whispering Canyon is obviously the most convenient. And I keep reading that the service is fun, but we're also going to 50's Prime Time Cafe for lunch. So maybe WC is redundant?

We've never been to DTD so I'm kind of interested in exploring that area, and so are the kids. But it would be a bit more time consuming.

What do you think? Which two would you include when fine dining isn't the biggest priority?

We would definitely go with O'hana - the food and service has been great every time we go, and have ressies for our next trip.

WWC is not one we will plan to return to, especially with their recent menu change.

The two main DTD restaurants that we have gone to (Rainforest & T-Rex) may appeal to some children, but the food was so-so, and it was very loud and the lights killed us (was very unnerving).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter