'Ohana - The Poly Family

@WDWOswald - Lake View? Us too! :-) You will have to take pics and post them on the Poly thread!! 61 more days!

@julluvsdisney - We are in a LV Studio that same time! We'll be checking in on the 30th as well.

ETA: ALL dates updated in the log!!! :-)

Last edited:
may 5 2015 through may 8.

our 3rd wedding anniversary is on the 7th and we'll be dining at jiko (along with our son).

JDD See you there! Have you heard anything about if you booked a garden view what they are going to do since all the garden views are facing the construction? I know Disney is smart enough to know not to put a guest spending as much as CL guests to have their view be of construction and concrete.

Just curious, would anyone be interested in starting a Poly "package" box? Not sure what the official name that people call these things or if anyone at the Poly really wants to join in but its our first time in Poly and 2nd time on property and I read a few years ago about people at other resorts passing on things they could/didn't want to take home in a box and leaving it at Bell services/package pick up for another family that was checking in a day or two later to pick up and use what they left behind and each person adds a few things and uses a few things and it just keeps getting passed along...a "pay it forward" box? I dunno! I know my family will have LOTS of extra stuff we won't bring home with us including pool noodles, coffee, snacks, bottle water and other helpful things and I just hate throwing good things away because they won't fit in my suitcase or I no longer have a need for them so I'd like to pass them along to someone else in the resort that wouldn't mind using them. Any takers interested in joining in and "paying it forward"? or simply taking some extras after our stay?

Just curious, would anyone be interested in starting a Poly "package" box? Not sure what the official name that people call these things or if anyone at the Poly really wants to join in but its our first time in Poly and 2nd time on property and I read a few years ago about people at other resorts passing on things they could/didn't want to take home in a box and leaving it at Bell services/package pick up for another family that was checking in a day or two later to pick up and use what they left behind and each person adds a few things and uses a few things and it just keeps getting passed along...a "pay it forward" box? I dunno! I know my family will have LOTS of extra stuff we won't bring home with us including pool noodles, coffee, snacks, bottle water and other helpful things and I just hate throwing good things away because they won't fit in my suitcase or I no longer have a need for them so I'd like to pass them along to someone else in the resort that wouldn't mind using them. Any takers interested in joining in and "paying it forward"? or simply taking some extras after our stay?
YES!!!!! How fun!

Cbellasmomma, should we make a new thread and call it the July "Pay-it-Forward" Poly Thread? I can start the box with a few basic things and add some stuff to it after my trip...what do you think? What dates are you at Poly?

Sure I am in - if you start it I will find it. I am there 8/17-8/22. First time!!!

JDD See you there! Have you heard anything about if you booked a garden view what they are going to do since all the garden views are facing the construction? I know Disney is smart enough to know not to put a guest spending as much as CL guests to have their view be of construction and concrete.
When I made the request with the IPO not to face the east pool construction, the response was that all CL garden view rooms face the east pool and that is what I booked and my request would be noted, but it really sounded like guests would be looking at construction.

Unfortunately, I think that's what the view is most likely going to be :(. I did read somewhere that there are now some first floor rooms facing the beach that are considered garden view, since the bungalows block the lagoon/theme park view. I don't think there are very many, but I may request one and see what happens. We don't usually spend a lot of time on the balcony, so I'm not too concerned about the construction. Actually, my boys would probably love it :rolleyes1. And we can always escape to the lounge :love:

Please say hi if you see us - as you can see in my signature, we have three boys - they're a bit distinctive as the oldest is blond, middle is a redhead and my youngest has brown hair. (and I'm going gray and hubby is going bald :rotfl:)

We will be there celebrating our 10th anniversary and our daughter' 5th birthday from Oct 24 to Nov 1. Can't wait - it's our first Poly visit! :)

Just switched to the Poly for our 9/6-9/13 stay. Super excited as I've always wanted to stay and never have!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter