'Ohana review

Gulp..We're trying 'Ohanas for dinner in Feb because it's the only place that Mum liked the look of the food (it's her birthday dinner). Hope it'll be good, especially since I'm paying for it!

Gulp..We're trying 'Ohanas for dinner in Feb because it's the only place that Mum liked the look of the food (it's her birthday dinner). Hope it'll be good, especially since I'm paying for it!

Despite our poor experience, I do agree with others advice to go for it. Our goal is to try every restaurant at Disney at least once...despite the reviews ;)

I totally agree. I've been to Ohana's and had an amazing experience, but also have been and had a so-so experience. We still go, but I have learned to do a few things. I request seating that I know I like when checking in, I ask the server to slow down the pace of food being served, and also request meat that is fresher, steak medium rare. The change in pace of the food coming out really changes the experience.

:thumbsup2 This! We have never had a problem being rushed, given dry over cooked food - we ask for things to slow down (never a problem) med. to rare beef (no problem) seated away from most of the action (usually a window request - no problem) also no dry, hard to peel shrimp. We are from so.LA and do love our shrimp! :goodvibes

I agree you should try it out just once. We went just once and really didn't like it enough to go again. Our "cousin" was having an off night and we ended up having 3 servers, for 4 people. Our servers had no interaction with us at all, the food was served so quickly that we barely had time to enjoy before the next dish was being served. We felt rushed and anxious and we have never been back. We do enjoy Kona Cafe and that is usually a spot we frequent.

I miss the turkey! We go to O'Hana's every visit for dinner. And I have also noticed the service not so great with last visit.

We had a particularly bad experience with our last visit with one server. He insisted that my 3 year old try to eat the meat and food served instead of getting him mac & cheese or chicken nuggets. He told me that he couldn't do this. At first we thought he was joking, but then he never brought my toddler anything. We had never had problems in the past ordering this for him at this particular restaurant, but I think this particular server wanted to get him to at least try the food offered. My son has Sensory Processing disorder and has many food "issues" due to sensory problems. So he literally will only eat certain foods....believe me we have done many months of food therapy. Anyhow..I don't think the server was coming from a mean place, he was just trying to get a toddler to try new foods, but my son didn't eat the entire meal...then when the server realized he wasn't going to eat, he brought him chicken fingers at the end of the meal when we were served dessert. By then my 3 year old was hungry and melt down city so quickly left. At one point during the meal, he did bring out fruit for my toddler to eat, and in trying to get my toddler interested in eating the fruit, he joked around and actually ate a couple grapes off my toddlers plate.

I did contact the management afterwards and they were very responsive to my complaint. And ironically, someone sitting at a table near us heard the whole exchange and saw the server eat some grapes from my son's plate and complained too.

We will be going back again in January...hopefully it will be a better experience.

just a bit curious, we are thinking of Ohana for a breakfast....any thoughts? I guess I am going on what i remember as a child.....really had fun and loved it. That being said, was in the 4th grade the last time I went there and now am married and have 4 Children(one that graduates this year)....so, I now am a bit confused and wonder if I should do this breakfast(6 of us) or just hop over and grab my tonga toast(qs)......any help would be great....thanks

jimjenkids said:
just a bit curious, we are thinking of Ohana for a breakfast....any thoughts? I guess I am going on what i remember as a child.....really had fun and loved it. That being said, was in the 4th grade the last time I went there and now am married and have 4 Children(one that graduates this year)....so, I now am a bit confused and wonder if I should do this breakfast(6 of us) or just hop over and grab my tonga toast(qs)......any help would be great....thanks

Last time we had ohana for breakfast was 4 years ago when my son was 3. It was a very pleasant experience!!! We loved it sooooo much we made a reservation there again for breakfast here in 3 weeks!! Son is now 7 and now including a daughter who is 3!!!

Wait a minute! You get leis? And there's a hula lady??? I didn't see either! :confused:

Nervous now about our upcoming reservation. We have always wanted to try it though. Hoping it will be a positive experience.:goodvibes

We went in August and didn't really enjoy it all that much. DBF didn't think it was worth $160+. It was edible, just didn't live up to what we thought -- (or what I thought, since I'm the one looking up reviews and such) it was going to be. I'm planning a trip for next year (August) and will we go back? We haven't decided yet. We do like to give most restaurants a couple of chances before we just completely throw in the towel. :confused3
Maybe ours was just an off night.

Despite our poor experience, I do agree with others advice to go for it. Our goal is to try every restaurant at Disney at least once...despite the reviews ;)
I agree with this. This is my goal too, to try each place at least once.

We LOVE Ohana breakfast!!! Its awesome! We love the relaxing beautiful atmosphere. Love that the food is brought to you. Its delish. Characters are adorable. I highly recommend it.

Wait a minute! You get leis? And there's a hula lady??? I didn't see either! :confused:
We saw the lady playing the instrument and singing, but i didnt see her do the hula. maybe i wasnt paying attention? As for the lei's, we didnt get any either. oh well. Its not as if that was going to enhance my experience in any way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter