Ohana or Crystal Palace for Breakfast

Kricketnp

DIS Veteran
I'm currently planning out reservation ideas for my December trip and definitely want to do one character breakfast. I think I've narrowed it down to either Ohana or Crystal Palace, neither of which I have done in YEARS.

Which would you pick?!

I'm currently planning out reservation ideas for my December trip and definitely want to do one character breakfast. I think I've narrowed it down to either Ohana or Crystal Palace, neither of which I have done in YEARS.

Which would you pick?!

We've never been to CP for breakfast, but we love Ohana. There is more variety at CP, but Ohana is a little more relaxing as the food is served family style to your table, so you don't have to go through a buffet line.

We love both... We don't like sitting with other people at Ohana though and if we can get an ADR before MK opens, we always opt for CP.

I haven't done CP breakfast but we do lunch and dinner regularly. Heard great things about breakfast though.

We only had one experience at Ohana and it was bad enough we won't return. Long wait for a table and small selection of food that was almost all poorly cooked. Breads everyone raved about I found dry and pretty flavorless. Simple things like the potatoes, bacon, eggs, all overcooked and dry. Only upside was that the characters were really a lot of fun and the juice was delicious.

Ohana is one of our favorites, Crystal Palace is good too. Depends on which characters you like. I like the character interaction at Ohana better.

Which would you pick?!

We've done CP on each trip and loved it. Also did Ohana on our most recent trip. Very nice, but nowhere near as enjoyable as CP for our family. Much larger variety of food at CP and we love the Winnie the Pooh characters.

We love both... We don't like sitting with other people at Ohana though and if we can get an ADR before MK opens, we always opt for CP.
Did something change at Ohana that people now sit with others?

I like both CP and Ohana for different reasons. CP is loud, but I love the characters and food is really good. Ohana is a lot more quiet and not a buffet. But..it is family style, so you cant order what you want. I would SLIGHTLY pick CP over Ohana. (but if you are now dining with others at the same table, I could pick CP all the way. I wouldnt mind sitting with others for dinner, but not first thing in the morning! I can be a little grouchy when I dont sleep enough, which happens daily at Disney. Lucky to get 5 - 6 hours in per night!)

LOVE Crystal Palace! Pooh and friends are so much fun. Plus, Pooh's Puffed French toast and made to order omelets are so good! We do like 'Ohana's (and the juice), but CP breakfast is our favourite ADR!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I was actually leaning towards Ohana before this, but now I'm definitely leaning towards CP.

We have never sat with other people at 'Ohana in many, many trips but they do (usually) have that long table for larger groups, maybe they use it for communal seating on occasion? In any case, the likelihood of being seated with others seems small.

Did something change at Ohana that people now sit with others?

I was thinking the same thing! We have always had our own table!

We have eaten breakfast at both a few times and have had good and bad experiences at both (with service- food has been good for us both places). I personally like that Ohana is not a buffet- it makes me anxious if we are up getting food and the characters are circulating. I also personally prefer the food at Ohana- but that is just personal choice.

For me, it would break down to which characters are a priority for your family, and if you were planning a pre-park-opening breakfast or not (and if so, CP is a clear choice there unless you are staying at the Poly…). Also, since CP also offers a character lunch or dinner, I would have to consider doing both (Ohana for breakfast and CP for a different meal).

Another thread on this topic also mentioned that there are photopass photographers inside Ohana now taking pictures with the characters. I have not experienced this myself, but if I had a Memory Maker, this would definitely make me want to eat at Ohana- character pictures with my family without having to decide who is left taking the picture would be a plus!

I was thinking the same thing! We have always had our own table!

We have eaten breakfast at both a few times and have had good and bad experiences at both (with service- food has been good for us both places). I personally like that Ohana is not a buffet- it makes me anxious if we are up getting food and the characters are circulating. I also personally prefer the food at Ohana- but that is just personal choice.

For me, it would break down to which characters are a priority for your family, and if you were planning a pre-park-opening breakfast or not (and if so, CP is a clear choice there unless you are staying at the Poly…). Also, since CP also offers a character lunch or dinner, I would have to consider doing both (Ohana for breakfast and CP for a different meal).

Another thread on this topic also mentioned that there are photopass photographers inside Ohana now taking pictures with the characters. I have not experienced this myself, but if I had a Memory Maker, this would definitely make me want to eat at Ohana- character pictures with my family without having to decide who is left taking the picture would be a plus!

Great post! Definitely a lot to think about. We will most likely do the Memory Maker so that adds a point for Ohana.

We did Ohana breakfast in early May and had our own table (we were a party of 2). It looked like each party had their own table. Also- that pineapple bread and the juice were awesome! I've never been to CP but we enjoyed Ohana.

We've done both and prefer CP, for the food and location. DH enjoys Ohana breakfast because he loves Stitch, but I like the variety of food at CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter