1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Ohana or 1900 Park Fare breakfast?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Edgehopper, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Edgehopper

Edgehopper Mouseketeer

Trying to resolve our last day, with one credit remaining. Two adults, no kids, but we're entertained by characters and watching other people's kids :) Ideally, Chef Mickey's looks like the most fun and with the best food, but for October 6, we're not getting it unless we get lucky someone drops an ADR that morning.

We're planning to spend the last day at either Epcot or MK, with a 1:20 lunch at Le Cellier before we leave, and we will have a parkhopper so anything in the MK, Epcot, DHS, MK resort area, or Epcot resort area would be doable. We already are doing Cape May and WCC on other days and did Crystal Palace on our last trip. I looked at Akershus breakfast, but we don't really like fish.

I think I'm narrowed down to 1900 Park Fare or Ohana breakfast, but can't decide between them. 1900 Park Fare seems to have more options and the characters look more fun, but I saw a pretty poor review of their breakfast on DFB and would bet Ohana has the better food quality. Help me decide! (or suggest something else!)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicb224

vicb224 Mouseketeer

Definitely Ohana! It's more upbeat and I love the family style servings, and the way the characters are dressed :)

4. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

We did both and if I had to choose one I'd choose 1900 PF. Although I prefer the characters at Ohana I felt the interaction with them was less rushed at 1900 PF. Also there is much more selection of food.

Right up there with 1900 PF on my list of breakfasts would be Cape May Cafe. Loved that breakfast.

5. Chavaleh

Chavaleh Mouseketeer

We did both in May and if you're not particular about which characters you see to me Ohana was much better. You don't have to deal with the buffet and I thought the food was pretty good. To me the characters seemed to move at a similar pace through both places but Ohana's felt more spacious and comfortable also the kids do that parade thing which is adorable.

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Our choice would be Ohana without hesitation. We thought 1900 PF was just ok. Ohana, on the other hand, is one of our favorites and has always been great during all of our visits. Ohana doesn't have the variety that 1900 PF has, but we like the atmosphere better, it's all you can eat, and the food is brought to your table instead of having to go through a buffet line. Good luck deciding :).

7. mom2travel

mom2travel DIS Veteran

Honestly we love both Ohana and 1900 PF! I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. If you are thinking of going straight to Epcot after breakfast, maybe Ohana so you can walk from the Poly to the TTC for the EP monorail?

8. dpswift

dpswift DIS Veteran

I love Parke Fair ot is a nice fun breakfast with a food option for everyone. The charactor interaction is fun and well paced. We did not care for the food at Ohana and the characters moved slowly. We sat over an hour for Mickey. I asked the manager she started to get him and a table he had allready spent several minutes with called him over again.

9. disneywalkers

disneywalkers Mouseketeer

I'm biased, sorry. I am a big Alice fan.

We always do 1900 on our drive home day. We hit 1900 around 10AM for breakfast and then drive half way back home.

We love it. It is quiet for the most part, so it doesn't get the kids all wired up for the half drive back home.

The Mad Hatter is hilarious. The last time we were there, this was 2012, he would climb in and sit on any childless high chair. This was the bomb.

Mary Poppins is very graceful and was so sweet and good with the kids.

Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are neat, but we see them at Crystal Palace so I do wish they'd put two other random characters in there you don't get to see anywhere else.

The selection at 1900 is broader than O'hana. And they have that wonderful strawberry soup even at breakfast. A lot of great sticky buns and sweet things like that.

We like O'hana. But it's not much variety. It's a little bit more exciting and upbeat than 1900, so that is fun. The kids do enjoy dancing around the place with Lilo and Stitch, but since you don't have kids with you, that might not be a biggie to miss.

The welcome bread is great at O'hana. Gosh, this is a hard decision I see, LOL I think though, in spite of my kids being more into Lilo and Stitch I'd have to say 1900 Park Fare still.

Have fun!!!

10. whitney37354

whitney37354 DIS Veteran

We did both & enjoyed both. O'hana had better food for us & I enjoyed not having to run to the buffet, trying not to miss a character interaction. Either would be fine. We did Akershus & the plated food was very good. We didn't even go to the cold bar for anything else, because we were in a hurry to get to Soarin' for FP. If you want to already be at EPCOT for your other ADR, I think Akershus would be a good breakfast choice.

11. Edgehopper

Edgehopper Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone! I'm going to go with Ohana--family style sounds more relaxing, and more importantly, the available times work out better (Park Fair has available ADRs at 8:20 and 11, which are too early and too late coming from a value or moderate on our check-out day; Ohana has a more reasonable 9:55 ADR.)

12. blackmamba10000

blackmamba10000 always counting down till the next trip!

You'll love Ohana's. We always go here for breakfast on our last day of our trip!

13. webstah

webstah DIS Veteran

So right now you have a basically 10AM breakfast and 3 1/2 hours later a lunch? I'd be too stuffed from breakfast to enjoy the lunch personnaly. Obviously you can do as you like, but I just wanted to bring the short timeframe to your attention in case you hadn't thought about that.

14. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

Same.

OP, keep in mind with the timing of your ADRs you'll be eating for an hour or so... That window of time between when you stop eating breakfast and start eating lunch is really small.

15. Edgehopper

Edgehopper Mouseketeer

Yeah, it's not ideal. I'd move my Le Cellier lunch later, but I don't think there's an available flight that leaves any later. The alternative though is getting up at 4:30-5 AM to get dressed, check out, take care of bags, take the bus from CSR or POP to MK, and the monorail to GF or Poly to make an 8 AM breakfast. I just can't find a way to fit that 12th credit anywhere else in my schedule without dropping a 1 TS restaurant I really want to go to for a signature we don't care much about (of 4 dinners scheduled, the only one that's not a signature is BOG). I could flip Ohana and Cape May perhaps, but transportation from CSR to Cape May would take even longer. The other days all already have 2 big meals scheduled, so I don't want to add a third to any of them.

16. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

"Ohana" without a doubt !!! Its a must for us--- We tried "1900" a few trips back, and really didnt enjoy it--- The Mad Hatter was great, but we felt totally rushed, and underwhelmed by the food--- was our worst bfast that we had been too (We love Ohana, Kona, CP, and Boma)---

That is, until this last trip when we went to "Chef Mickeys"- DW and I now refer to it as "Camp Mickeys"--- it was a nitemare--- really loud and crazy !!! Was a nitemare trying to fight thru people to get our food !!!

Our DD7 (she loves EVERYTHING at WDW, especially character meals) didnt like it !!

17. Jenntx

Jenntx Mouseketeer

Ohana's is our fave! We eat there our last morning in the parks (before heading off to MK for the day). The POG juice alone is worth it for me! My family loved the family style breakfast & character interaction. The boys love the parade around the restaurant w/ Lilo & Stitch.