O'Hana, have you done it and what did you think?

Get me to Disney!

Mouseketeer
It reads awesome!! I was going to do Boma because it would enable us to go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge which we will never be able to afford. But, reading about Ohana - maybe that should replace Boma??????? Decisions, decisions.

We went for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the food (but then we really enjoy Boma as well so I wouldn't know how to choose between them!). Keep an eye on my new foor report in my signature as I will be getting the photo's on shortly!

This is a MUST every trip. Everyone in the family really enjoys the food and the kids enjoy the activities.

My DD loved the activities that they did with the kids but my DH and I weren't impressed by the food. My DH is a huge meat eater and not very fussy but even he said that he thought the skewers were tough and told me to never book it again. I know other people love this place but I can't see booking it again unless maybe we were staying at the Poly. We are trying Boma for the first time this year because we are staying at AKL.

We ate there a few weeks ago and it was incredible. All most too much food. The shrimp were soooo good and the dessert lived up to it's reputation as one of the best on property. What was really neat was when they turn down the lights when Wishes started and had the music playing, a truly magical moment.

It is our favorite restaurant. I love their salad. :) They have such great food and fun for the family. It is a must every trip. BUT we tried Boma last trip and I really enjoyed getting to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge! The food was also good and now it will also go onto our list for every trip. So I don't think you will go wrong with either. they are very different from each other.

I love the peanut sauce! I ate the whole bowl of broccoli with it drizzled on and dipped the shrimp in the sauce! Is it August yet?? :cloud9:
It is low cal right?

Boma is my favorite, but Ohana is probably my second. I'd replace something else before replacing Boma - but I would definately do both:)

Do you get all you can eat grilled shrimp?

Yes!!

We love Ohana!

It is a must do every trip for us. We have had a couple meals there that were so-so, but most times it has been very good. The last two times have been exceptionally good. The meats were all very tasty.

My suggestion, go as early as possible. Food seems better then than later:confused3

Do you get all you can eat grilled shrimp?
It's all you can eat everything! This is mine and my DH's favorite restaurant at WDW. The food is incredible and I love the atmosphere. Our kids also really love this restaurant. They have hula lessons and games for the kids. It's a must for us on every trip.

We've never done Ohana but DH says it's MUST this trip, but we've done BOMA. I guess i'm in the minority when i say...EW :scared1: I honestly dont like BOMA at all and we just bought DVC at Kidiani..lol. Yeah, no eating in the resort i guess, that's ok..less calories to take in...:laughing:

We were disappointed with our meal at Ohana. The food was decent, but we had huge server problems and, given that the servers are who bring you additional food, we had problems getting additional servings of food. Also, we had a fairly early ADR and our meal still took an hour and a half (waiting for our check took 20 minutes). We much prefer Kona to Ohana, but good luck with whatever you decide! :goodvibes

Dh and I discovered Ohana on our honeymoon 10 years ago and it has become our "MUST DO" every time we go to Disney World! We've never left there disappointed, EVER! Even our daughters enjoyed it the last time we went!

We loved it so much we went twice in one week. LOOOTTTT's of good food. Both are a different experience so I would suggest doing both if you can.

We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Ohana's, WE LOVE IT!!! I even found some of the recipes for the food served there (combined with some of the recipes from the poly luau) and make it for my family here. We can't go long without it !!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My wife and I tried 'Ohana for the first time on our honeymoon last week and LOVE it. It may very well turn into an every-trip thing.

magickingdom-

please share the recipes!

I would suggest O'hana over Boma. And I'd rather walk around the Polynesian after dinner and see the water parade and fireworks than walk around AKL.

I think I'm about the only person who did not care for Boma.

I love the Polynesian and O'hana is a good fun dinner.

Ohana has a strong following, even on this site. I would not there is a very accurate review within the roundtable archives regarding Ohana.

This is another over hyped restaurant and many people have a good time here. If you had asked me about a decade ago I would say it was a good restaurant,today it is one not on our list. I believe the dining plan and first time guest make this place still a very busy place. Its also been prone to non-polynesian menu changes over recent years...some of which still remain on the menu. Many people visit here for the theme and the ability to eat all you care to eat or shall we say in some cases.. as much as they serve you. Like most tourist traps they offer non-food gimmicks like the kid activities while others obsess in getting a window seat to watch Wishes. You should also be aware that your dining location is important in defining your dining experience too. If you have been here before I would recommend telling them you have never been there before and do not accept a table in the area behind the grill close to the lounge (bar).

Service is consistently inconsistent depending on your servers attitude and ability. There are also server assistants who consistently bring out side dishes to your table who tend to throw or drop dishes on your table and leave without a word. Servers totally disappearing is frequent and when in view may normally be observed catering to first time guest identified with all the extra treatment and information.

Food preparation is also inconsistent with many meats served overcooked (tough), while shortages of specific meat items (beef) during meals is common to a point it should make you think it is a Disney cost control measure. I would also note the shrimp served here is rock shrimp.

Missionmouse makes some good points. At 'Ohana we had mostly great food but lousy service. The food and fun for the kids (and adults) made up for what lacked in service. At Boma, the food was interesting and the service amazing. You really cannot miss if you choose either of these restaurants. Can you fit them both in?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter