Ohana entertainment?

twinnybelles

Mouseketeer
I have seen some photos on the dining boards that I believe were Ohana where people were wearing leis. Do they give them out to everyone dining there? Also, what is the other "entertainment" I thought I read something about hula lessons and a ukelele player. :rockband:

Never seen them giving out lei's.

They have an "MC" that plays the ukelele, sings some songs, and invites people to participate in the hula hoop contest and coconut races. She stands off to the side, part of the dining room can see her, but everyone can hear her... She's quite annoying, actually.

I wouldn't call it "entertainment" LOL =)

I have to disagree with the above poster. They actually do give out lei's to the kids who participate and I think the entertainment is really fun. We had a male "MC" - sounds like the other person had a female...

Check out my dining review on Ohana the thread is called Around the "World" in 13 meals. I just finished it and it goes into details with pics about Ohana.

My DH was just sitting eating his meal when the lady that does the entertainment came over to him and put a lei around his neck. She was really funny, and told everyone that it was his 25 birthday. ( That was alittle ways back!!! ) She then put them on my whole family and many other tables!

If you really want a lei just go down stairs to check in...they give them to anyone who asks....

I also disagree with the entertainment being annoying...its very festive and geared towards little kids...

If anyone listens the DIS Unplugged podcast, Kevin reviewed Ohana's and spoke about a woman with a ukele and a shrilling voice. Sounds like the same woman that Aimeedyan had. He was not too kind in his review about the food either. I listen to everyone's opinions, but most likely will try the restaurant anyway to form my own.

We have been to 'Ohana probably 30 times and have never seen anyone get leis except for those celebrating special occasions. DD always participates in the coconut races and the kids only get gummy worms. The entertainer they have there moves around the room and is very annoying IMO. She was fired I believe but unfortunately was brought back. Luckily the food is good enough to overlook her pathetic performance and the shoddy service there.

We have been to 'Ohana probably 30 times and have never seen anyone get leis except for those celebrating special occasions. DD always participates in the coconut races and the kids only get gummy worms. The entertainer they have there moves around the room and is very annoying IMO. She was fired I believe but unfortunately was brought back. Luckily the food is good enough to overlook her pathetic performance and the shoddy service there.

It's been 3 years since our last visit and we STILL do imitations of her "entertainment" when we're all together. :rotfl:

When we were there last year we didn't see or hear the infamous singer everyone talks about. But, the kids did do the coconut race and were given leis and gummie.

They boys really enjoyed it, and are begging to go back this year. I already made my ADR. But, I have kept this a secret from them, I actually told them that there were no openings during our stay. Needless to say they are bummed. :rotfl:

DSC01309.jpg

Actually, here are my two little men enjoying their pina coladas at Ohana's. (I have to add, the drinks are non-alcholic):rotfl2:

Sounds like they have at least two MC's at Ohana's. One sound like a woman who most do not enjoy. We had a man and he was fantastic....maybe try and find out who is MCing the night you make ADR's. Not sure if the CM on the phone would know that info or not - but worth asking about by the sounds of things.

We have been to 'Ohana more times than I can count.

ANYONE who participates in the Hula (children or adults) receive leis. The MC will also hand them out to tables celebrating special occaisions.

We have seen two different female MC's and one man. The man is really really good. But the two females are not nearly as bad as some make it seem. Its entertainment. The kiddies love it. Its a fun atmosphere. And most important of all, the food is really good!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter