'Ohana During Fireworks?

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
We were thinking of making our first evening dinner at 'Ohana so we could have some good food, fun and maybe a glimpse of the MK fireworks. Obviously we may not get a window table so if you are in the restaurant when Wishes is going on do they dim the lights and let people go stand by the windows to watch? Do they pipe in the music?

it has been awhile since i have been there for dinner during the GWKS (2000) they do dim the lights and pipe in the music, but no one went to the windows (because of the other tables there) everyone did quiet down and just watch from where they were, it was quite magical!!! ENJOY! we are planning on going this year for dinner~!

If you dont want to chance it, you could always plan to dine before or after the fireworks and then go to the beach to watch them. :)

When we went a year ago, they did pipe in the music but we were seated behind the pit (near the lobby and bar) so we could not see it and none of the tables around us stopped their conversations and activities to watch, it was like nothing was going on. Our waiters continued to bring food, people continued to be seated, and the lobby was still very loud with activity. We opted to walk around to see it, and others did too from around the restaurant, but because there is a step down, you have to either drag a chair over (a couple of people did that!) or stoop over. Plus you stand pretty near others tables so you can see it and the waiters can still get by. Needless to say, Wishes is pretty long and after 4-5 minutes or bending over I gave up and went back to eat some more. I also don't find the view that great, nothing compared to Main St, so I didn't feel I was missing much.

No one went and stood by the windows, as that would have blocked the majority of the tables views and there really isn't room to.

So my thought is to schedule it and be willing to wait for a table witha view, or go before or after and watch from the beach.

We just got back on Friday from WDW...our last dinner was Ohana...the food was wonderful and it was perfect timing...they dim the lights and pipe in the music from Wishes...it is truly magical!! Everyone stays seated and can really see from their tables...it was great!

Princess Di princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter