'Ohana Bread Pudding Twice In One Trip?! How can Life Possibly Get Better Than That *Complete*

Even though it was very crowded they were able to seat us immediately with no reservation!
#Jealous. We has a reservation on our last trip and ended up waiting almost 45 minutes!!!!!

The flavor of this was excellent and the seafood was so fresh and tasty. However, the mussels were soooooo sandy! :crazy2: I got sand with the first one and shook it off. It happens. Then the next one seriously gave me a mouth full of sand. It was nasty! I left the remaining mussels untouched. Even though that was unpleasant it didn't change my enjoyment of my meal overall.
Glad everything but the mussels was good, but having in sand in them is a major dinner foul. At least the sand didn't get into the rest of the food.

This was heavenly! I hate raisins and I still enjoy this. It is not as good as 'Ohana bread pudding, but it is a close second! Rob even helped me eat this, which was great because I never could have finished it on my own.
Never had the ohana bread pudding, but loved the Raglan Road version. Gonna have to get to Ohana one of these days

I have actually never tried mussels, and now knowing that I might just get a mouthful of sand if I do has moved them much further down the list of foods I'd like to try someday. :laughing:

That looks really good I've always wanted to try Raglan Road. With my picky family it just never has happened hopefully some day.

I hope you do get to try it! They have a pretty big menu, so hopefully your family can find something on there they would enjoy.

Your reviews are always great, and I am ridiculously jealous of the frequency with which you get to visit! It is AWESOME!!!!

Thanks so much! We are extremely lucky to come here as often as we do. One day we will move down here and then venture to other places in the world for vacations. :laughing:

I love RR, it such a wonderful dining experience. I think we are going to go back in September as it has been a couple of years since we have dined there.

It really is such a great overall experience. It had been a few years for us as well. I don't know why we push this place to the side so often because we always enjoy our food here.

Mmmm the dessert @ RR & entertainment makes me want to try it!!!My parents,sis & niece went & they all love it!!! I've gotta get to RR.

You definitely have to try it! The dessert is beyond amazing. And how often can you get dinner and a show? :thumbsup2

Joining hte party late, but i am loving this review. Thanks to you I now have to add Ghiradelli to our list to try because I NEED that caramel sundae. .

Thanks for joining in! Oh yes, the carmel sundae is a must.

Thanks so much. We're trying to move the reservations up, but so far, no such luck. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you as well!

Shame about those mussels - but the braised beef, fries & bread/butter pudding all looked good!

(agree with above poster about being SOOOO jealous of your frequent visits to disney!)

Yeah, the mussels were an epic fail, but everything else was delicious, so it evens out.

If it makes you feel better I will be green with envy of everyone else who gets to go this fall during F&W. I may have to leave Rob behind and take a solo trip. It's not my fault he used up all of his vacation time already right?

For the first 5 nights of our next trip we are staying at the Poly. We will be doing Kona breakfast. I've done it before and got the Big Kahuna. I would love to get the Samoan but I think my BF will end up getting the Samoan (he loves all things pork). I'll do the Big Kahuna again and we can share. That's the plan.

5 nights at the Poly sounds like heaven! Splitting those two entrees definitely sounds like a good idea. You can't go wrong with the Big Kahuna!

#Jealous. We has a reservation on our last trip and ended up waiting almost 45 minutes!!!!!

Glad everything but the mussels was good, but having in sand in them is a major dinner foul. At least the sand didn't get into the rest of the food.

Never had the ohana bread pudding, but loved the Raglan Road version. Gonna have to get to Ohana one of these days

Wow! That's a crazy wait with a reservation. I would not be happy.

The sand stayed only in the mussels, so all I had to do was avoid the rest of those and I was good.

Oh yeah, you definitely have to get to 'Ohana, or even just the Tambu lounge at Poly. They serve the bread pudding as well and for a very reasonable price. :thumbsup2

I have actually never tried mussels, and now knowing that I might just get a mouthful of sand if I do has moved them much further down the list of foods I'd like to try someday. :laughing:

Sorry to put you further off mussels. It's only happened to me twice with mussels, but I'm not gonna lie, it is rather unpleasant when it does happen.

The next morning we arrived at MK just as the rope drop show was ending. We went back to SDMT and once again the line was insane. I would have been willing to wait today, but we had breakfast reservations at 9:50 and I didn't want to risk being late for such a late breakfast seating. Instead we still did a couple of rides and took in the familiar sights, which never get old.

Soon it was time for our breakfast at Be Our Guest!

Now, we ate here for lunch in 2013 since we got a chance to test the Fastpass system for their lunch seating and we were not terribly impressed. Rob had no desire to come back here at all, but I batted my eyes at him and convinced him to give breakfast a try. I booked the reservation here the first day they introduced this new option.

After our dinner at RR the night before, I saw an 8am pre-park opening reservation was available and I regret not booking it, but I did not want to get up that early the next morning. I think that would have been a great way to be in line first for SDMT. I may use this strategy for CP next trip.

We checked in a few minutes before our reservation time and were told to head on inside to start the ordering process.

Once inside we were handed menus to look over, but we already knew exactly what we wanted. The line past the knights moved very quickly.

Once we were at the front of the line and told them we wanted to pay with a credit card and not our MagicBand, we were told to head to one of the self service kiosks. The whole process happened very quickly, but at some point we were told to scan our MagicBand and before I knew it my receipt was printed and I never got a chance to use the credit card I wanted to and the meal was charged to my MagicBand. Not a huge deal, but I was kind of annoyed. Normally I put my Disney Visa on file and use that or my actual card for everything since I get 2% in rewards at Disney, but this trip I was getting 5% at restaurants with my Discover card, so Rob and I used our Discover cards for all of our food and drinks this trip and made out like fat rats with the rewards. I honestly didn't feel like bringing it to anyone's attention and have to back out the whole order and take the time to mess with it, so we went in search of a table.

Last time we were here I felt rushed and slightly confused and grabbed the first table in the ballroom I could find. This time I was set on eating in the West Wing and had my bearings, so we made our way to the West Wing section. As luck would have it there were some empty tables in this room! I guess having a later breakfast seating worked in our favor because the place was looking a little more empty than before. It is so very dark in here, so my pictures aren't the best, but here we go.

The forbidden rose.

This looked very impressive in person.

The dark room from our table.

The torn portrait.

Also very cool. I enjoyed this room more than the main ballroom seating we had last time.

Our food came out very quickly and the servers in this room were super upbeat and helpful.

First, we received a plate of pastries.

I ate the chocolate croissant, which was delicious and let Rob eat the rest, which he said were all pretty good. The only thing that was left behind was the plain croissant. Neither of us were feeling that one for some reason.

For my entree I got the Croissant Doughnut topped with Banana-Caramel Sauce, Pastry Creme, and Chocolate Ganache.

Now don't get me wrong, this was super delicious, but come on now. I paid $20 for this. $20 for this, a chocolate croissant and a bottle of water. It just wasn't worth the price IMO. You pay for the experience and not the food I know, and sometimes I can stomach that, but here it just was off putting for me. I can get the cinnamon and sugar croissant doughnut in Epcot for $4.69 and a free cup of ice water. $20 for this just burns me.

Rob got the Open-Faced Bacon and Egg Sandwich. Poached eggs, Applewood smoked bacon, brie cheese and Arugula on a toasted Baguette served with Fresh Fruit.

He was not terribly impressed by this. I thought he would love it based on some of the rave reviews I had seen for this, but I think he had the $20 price tag on his mind as well. Also, he ordered an apple juice with his and they were out of apple juice so they gave him an orange juice, which he doesn't like to drink because it gives him heart burn, so there was that as well.

I really, really, really hate to be a downer on this one, but I just don't care for BOG. This is now two misses for us. I wish I could get as excited as everyone else is for this place, but it just rubs me the wrong way. In some ways the atmosphere is very cool and in other ways it's too hectic in here. I kinda hate that they made this cafeteria style seating. I wish the seating was nicer with booths and such. I feel like it loses something. I so badly want to love it here and I was hoping breakfast would reverse the bad feelings from lunch here, but no such luck. The West Wing was definitely very cool and the food was tasty this time, but I'm just not feeling the overall magic here that I wish I was.

That being said, we are never too disappointed to stop for a selfie. :rotfl2:

This day was so crazy crazy crowded, so we only did a couple more rides and at 11:30 we made our way out of the park. On our way out we did stop for a tasty treat at the Main Street Starbucks. We both got frappuccinos. Rob got his favorite, Java Chip, and I got my favorite, the seasonal Caramel Ribbon Crunch.

So, of course, I had to get a shot of my drink with the castle in the background like everyone else on Instagram. :laughing:

I'm right there with ya on BoG. I want to like it so much and feel like I must be missing something since it gets so much love, but the food just disappoints. We've done lunch twice and dinner once so of course I was thinking breakfast may do the trick ; ) Now I know that is obviously not the case either. I'll stick to my cronut over at epcot and its sub $5 price tag

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't care for BOG. I agree that the price is crazy. We used the DDP so it was fine, but I would have probably felt the same way if I would have had to actually pay the bill. :rainbow:

We will be doing lunch and dinner at BOG next trip for the first time, on two separate days.

Beauty and the Beast is a favorite of mine along with DD.

I didn't even bother with dinner. To me the price is outrageous for what you get and that's just my opinion from pictures.

We are paying OOP so it's not a good value. My boyfriend and DS would leave starving. And the menu doesn't look so great.

I have heard mixed things on their breakfast. I have had both dinner and lunch there and liked them both. Lunch is definitely crazier than dinner but both were good in my opinion. We have also been on the DDP the last two trips.

We were not impressed with our dinner at BOG back in Sept 2013. They had the worst most disgusting french onion soup I have ever tasted. I did enjoy my french beer though. We had lunch there back in May with a last minute ADR and both my husband and I loved it. I hear you on the breakfast, that is way too much money for what you get. Also we normally are on the dining plan and I am not wasting a credit on that meal. Thanks for sharing and you confirmed by thoughts that breakfast there is worth skipping.

So sorry BOG experience was not what you hoped for, we have done lunch twice and dinner once and I have to say we have loved it each time. I am a big Belle fan and the Beauty and the Beast is my favorite story so may be a little biased. We are doing lunch again in early September when we are there. The price for breakfast is really expensive. I had a hard time with the cost of our CRT breakfast. It was nice but just one time for us, way to expensive for what we got out of it, so I sure get that. We may have to try RR when we go in 2016, I have seen many great reviews and the entertainment looks fun!

We have been to BOG once for lunch and it was a good experience. The breakfast menu just doesn't appeal to me, seems like everything is either very sweet or an egg dish, and I cannot eat eggs. We are doing lunch next month, my DH hasn't been there yet, so hoping he enjoys it.

Sorry you didn't like BOG :( Honestly it's one of our favorite TS restaurants for dinner, having been there 5x and all were very positive experiences. We did go for lunch once and just thought it was "eh" and have no desire to try breakfast as the prices are pretty ridiculous :sad2:
However, I'm not a fan of the ballroom even though I think it's gorgeous. It's definitely too much like a cafeteria as far as the seating and the noise. Love the west wing though! We've sat in there 3x for dinner. I wish we could choose where to sit for dinner but I understand why we can't.

The Cronut in Epcot is on my list for our November trip! When DH and I went in March I swore I wouldn't come back home w/o trying it but......didn't quite work out that way lol. Must do for Nov :thumbsup2

I totally agree with you about BOG! You pay for the experience of seeing a "new" castle but the food just doesn't measure up. And the way you're herded like cattle for lunch just annoys me even more.

Loving your report. We have our first BOG adrs coming up in September. I have the lunch for our first day but I wasn't crazy about the breakfast menu and had that as our breakfast on our last day. I'm thinking maybe I'll cancel our breakfast and do our favorite stand-by..Kona! Don't want our last meal to be a downer. Thanks!

Joining in a little late, I really enjoy your reviews! We are from PA and drove for the first time last year and we were very happy to realize it was not as bad as we thought it may be. With a 5 person family I think we will be driving from now on. :drive:
I am going to have to try to caramel sundae the next time at Ghiradelli since I have been stuck on the mint sundae as well!
Raglan Road looks fun, we have never been there, I always seem to forget about it!
BOG was a bust for us too, the atmosphere is great but our lunch there was our least favorite one of that trip.
Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!! ::yes::

I'm right there with ya on BoG. I want to like it so much and feel like I must be missing something since it gets so much love, but the food just disappoints. We've done lunch twice and dinner once so of course I was thinking breakfast may do the trick ; ) Now I know that is obviously not the case either. I'll stick to my cronut over at epcot and its sub $5 price tag

Okay, glad it's not just me. :laughing: I want to like it so badly. I just keep thinking, well maybe dinner will be the thing that makes me love it, but I need to give it a break for a few years and try again later.

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't care for BOG. I agree that the price is crazy. We used the DDP so it was fine, but I would have probably felt the same way if I would have had to actually pay the bill. :rainbow:

DDP definitely helps take away the sting in instances like this. You think less about the money aspect. But hey, if people are willing to pay it, Disney is willing to charge it.

We will be doing lunch and dinner at BOG next trip for the first time, on two separate days.

Beauty and the Beast is a favorite of mine along with DD.

I didn't even bother with dinner. To me the price is outrageous for what you get and that's just my opinion from pictures.

We are paying OOP so it's not a good value. My boyfriend and DS would leave starving. And the menu doesn't look so great.

Yeah we were both not filled up at all by that meal. We are much better off at Kona for breakfast. I hope you enjoy your lunch and dinner on your upcoming trip! I definitely think I'm in the minority when it comes to not like BOG, so hopefully you will love it!

I have heard mixed things on their breakfast. I have had both dinner and lunch there and liked them both. Lunch is definitely crazier than dinner but both were good in my opinion. We have also been on the DDP the last two trips.

It seems like DDP is one of the common threads with people who enjoyed it, but I'm also just being picky here I think. I'm glad you enjoyed your experiences here. I'll give it a try for dinner... one day.

We were not impressed with our dinner at BOG back in Sept 2013. They had the worst most disgusting french onion soup I have ever tasted. I did enjoy my french beer though. We had lunch there back in May with a last minute ADR and both my husband and I loved it. I hear you on the breakfast, that is way too much money for what you get. Also we normally are on the dining plan and I am not wasting a credit on that meal. Thanks for sharing and you confirmed by thoughts that breakfast there is worth skipping.

I'm glad the second time changed your opinion. I so badly want to have that good experience at a later time. But for now, definitely skip the breakfast. You're not missing anything.

So sorry BOG experience was not what you hoped for, we have done lunch twice and dinner once and I have to say we have loved it each time. I am a big Belle fan and the Beauty and the Beast is my favorite story so may be a little biased. We are doing lunch again in early September when we are there. The price for breakfast is really expensive. I had a hard time with the cost of our CRT breakfast. It was nice but just one time for us, way to expensive for what we got out of it, so I sure get that. We may have to try RR when we go in 2016, I have seen many great reviews and the entertainment looks fun!

I'm glad you have enjoyed your experiences there! I really want to go back to CRT, especially for breakfast, but like you said it's a tough cost to deal with. Rob wouldn't care for it, so it would be a lot of money just for me to have the experience. Lunch there was pretty awesome though. RR is so much fun! I hope you get a chance to check it out on your trip next year!

We have been to BOG once for lunch and it was a good experience. The breakfast menu just doesn't appeal to me, seems like everything is either very sweet or an egg dish, and I cannot eat eggs. We are doing lunch next month, my DH hasn't been there yet, so hoping he enjoys it.

You're right, it is all eggs and sweet stuff and if you can't eat eggs then you're definitely limited. I hope you and your hubby enjoy lunch there on your upcoming trip!

Sorry you didn't like BOG :( Honestly it's one of our favorite TS restaurants for dinner, having been there 5x and all were very positive experiences. We did go for lunch once and just thought it was "eh" and have no desire to try breakfast as the prices are pretty ridiculous :sad2:
However, I'm not a fan of the ballroom even though I think it's gorgeous. It's definitely too much like a cafeteria as far as the seating and the noise. Love the west wing though! We've sat in there 3x for dinner. I wish we could choose where to sit for dinner but I understand why we can't.

The Cronut in Epcot is on my list for our November trip! When DH and I went in March I swore I wouldn't come back home w/o trying it but......didn't quite work out that way lol. Must do for Nov :thumbsup2

That's awesome that you've had such great experiences there! I definitely agree about the ballroom. There's something about it. Like you said, it's beautiful, but it feels too hectic in there and takes away from the enjoyment of it. The West Wing was pretty cool. I was happy to find a seat so easily in there.

The cronut is awesome! Highly recommend! Just be prepared to make a mess with it. :laughing:

I totally agree with you about BOG! You pay for the experience of seeing a "new" castle but the food just doesn't measure up. And the way you're herded like cattle for lunch just annoys me even more.

Yes! It does feel like you're being herded. Ugh, it just takes away from all of it. I so badly want to like it, but I just have bad feelings about that place. Such a bummer.

Loving your report. We have our first BOG adrs coming up in September. I have the lunch for our first day but I wasn't crazy about the breakfast menu and had that as our breakfast on our last day. I'm thinking maybe I'll cancel our breakfast and do our favorite stand-by..Kona! Don't want our last meal to be a downer. Thanks!

Awesome! I hope you enjoy your lunch there! Maybe see how much you enjoy it on your first day and if you feel like you can be happy skipping it on the last day go with Kona. You can't go wrong with Kona breakfast! :thumbsup2

Lovely photos!

Thank you very much! :goodvibes

Joining in a little late, I really enjoy your reviews! We are from PA and drove for the first time last year and we were very happy to realize it was not as bad as we thought it may be. With a 5 person family I think we will be driving from now on. :drive:
I am going to have to try to caramel sundae the next time at Ghiradelli since I have been stuck on the mint sundae as well!
Raglan Road looks fun, we have never been there, I always seem to forget about it!
BOG was a bust for us too, the atmosphere is great but our lunch there was our least favorite one of that trip.
Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip!! ::yes::

Thanks for joining in! Glad the drive worked out for you! With 5 people it is definitely soooooo much cheaper to drive than fly. I was just in a car accident the other day, so the thought of that drive makes me want to break out in a cold sweat right now lol. I know we'll probably make the drive again in March, but I wish I could convince Rob to fly.

Definitely branch out and try the caramel. You will not be disappointed! And definitely consider RR on your next trip. Going for dinner was such a blast! Sorry you had a not so great BOG experience as well. Major bummer.

After we left MK we headed back to SSR for a dip in the pool and we got changed and headed over to GF for afternoon tea. Tea time!

We checked in just a few minutes ahead of our reservation time and were given a pager to hang onto while we walked around the lobby. I could just hang out in the lobby all day. It's so beautiful. And it smells like rich people. :laughing:

A few of the characters you can see on the floor outside the tea room.

Quite fitting don't ya think?

We waited and waited and waited and finally Rob went up to check on our reservation and magically it was ready at that very moment. I just think they forgot about us, but what can you do.

Now, we loved it here last time (well I did anyway) except for the service, so I was hoping to not have the same grumpy tea master as last time. We were seated in the exact same spot as last time, which worried me slightly, but fortunately it was someone different and not grumpy. :thumbsup2 We were given menus to look over.

This is my complaint about tea in it's current form here. They changed the menu selections around slightly and yet it changes everything. I do not care for the changes that took place since our trip last September and we did mention it to our server who was very much in agreement with us. Also, they took away slightly from each package and raised the prices. Price increases happen at Disney, I get it, but don't take away from us too. Kind of a bummer, but anyway, back to the food.

I went with the Bedforshire Tea which consists of: First Course Medley of Finger Sandwiches accompanied with Berries, Cheese and Lavosh, Second Course Buttery Scone and Jam Tart and Finale Choice of delicate House-Made Pastries, Strawberries and Creme, or English Trifle all Accompanied by your choice of tea. You could get the same package but add a glass of Veuve Clicquot Champagne for $15 more. I am cool with the cheap stuff, so I got the cheaper package and added a glass of $8 Domaine Ste.-Michelle. Thrifty! :laughing:

Rob had the Cheshire Tea. First Course Selection of exotic fruits and imported cheeses. Second Course a Medley of Finger Sandwiches accompanied with Berries, Cheese and Lavosh. Third Course Buttery Scone and Jam Tart and Finale Choice of delicate House-Made Pastries, Strawberries and Creme, or English Trifle all Accompanied by your choice of tea

For my tea selection I went with the Pina Colada Rooibus, which I had last time and LOVED!

No clue what tea Rob got. None. I did terrible with my note taking this trip. Sorry! But he liked it. Whatever it was. :laughing:

The cute cover for your tea pots.

When it was time to bring out my glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle our server said they had only put in bottles to chill a few hours ago and it may not be cold enough for my liking, so he offered to bring me a glass to try. I took a sip and said it was fine, but he winked at me and said, "Not cold enough you say? Well then in that case I will give you a glass of the good stuff for the same price." Works for me! And he let me keep the rest of the glass he already poured me. Good man!!!

Sipping my tea like a lady.

Rob started off with the exotic fruit platter with assorted cheese.

There was honeycomb, star fruit, mango, papaya, pineapple and a variety of cheese. I took some of his cheddar and the mango, but I did not find this plate impressive, especially considering this was the only difference between my package and Rob's, but $18 more. Yikes!

Then we both had the finger sandwiches with berries, cheese, lavosh and an onion tart.

There was egg salad, golden beat, cucumber and watercress, curried chicken, and a fifth option I am totally blanking on. No more pear and gorgonzola. :sad: On the plus side, Rob hates egg salad and gave me his. Score!

I loved this! The sandwiches are heavenly and I could eat 20 of those onion tarts. The bummer here is the fact that they took away the little pate on the plate. I really liked that last time. Also, Rob did not get the finger sandwiches last time because he got the cheese and pate plate, which is now completely gone from any of the packages. That was what he didn't like about this time. He was much happier with the pates than the finger sandwiches.

Up next we both got the scone and strawberry tart with apricot jam, devonshire cream and lemon curd.

I love the scone and tart! Amazing! I prefer the devonshire cream and need much more than they give you, but I did try the apricot jam with it as well and it was quite tasty.

For our final course Rob went with the pastries. You got one of the swan pastries, chocolate covered strawberry and an eclair.

He liked these, but you used to be able to pick which three you wanted from a variety of 5 or 6 different choices. These three choices did not appeal to me, so I chose the trifle, which today was strawberry. Funny, strawberry trifle is my favorite trifle so bring it on!

Very yummy! I approve!

While I had a great, relaxing time here, I don't know if I would go again next trip. The prices are now a little too high and they took away too much for us to both get a great experience for the price. This is very sad because I so loved it here last time and was so looking forward to this. Like I said, it was awesome, but that price increase lowered my chances of coming back and making this an annual thing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter